Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are refrigerator food trucks heated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Can't say about the equipment used in the U.S. but in Canada I drove the "Fruit Haul" from the West coast to the to the lake head one winter ( +45 F. to -35 F). Load, start the "reefer, set temp,and go so long as the unit keeps running all good.
Dan

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6959 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8370

gf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I drove a Refrigerator truck this morning by mistake! Not a Mack, A Dodge Fridge-Kota. It was -15, prewarmed it unsuccessfully (no heat whatsoever) while noting an elevated but not high temp. A mile down the road, the gauge starts climbing, pulled off before it popped and froze for about twenty minutes until the thermostat finally freed up. The best feeling ever to have heat coming out those vents for sure, I was frosty!
My first car was a 1969 VW bug. No heat..........ever........no matter what. I would often drive down the road scraping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. The only way to prevent the inside frost would be to stop breathing.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5883 Times on 2910 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
gf

My first car was a 1969 VW bug. No heat..........ever........no matter what. I would often drive down the road scraping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. The only way to prevent the inside frost would be to stop breathing.
Only -12 below this morning, a high of 9 expected, a heatwave for sure! My dad died when I was 6 in a car accident, Mom bought VW Bugs from that day forward, they were just like little hard top jeeps. The heaters worked the first 2 years (barely) but the vent ducts would rot out quickly in NY winters so Ive felt those cold vinyl seats your talking about many times! They were great cars but lacked a few things like space and heat that would have made life a bit nicer for me and my 2 sisters on long vacations across the country in it.

I am hoping to have a bit better start this morning, sitting in my frozen truck at the side of the road in -15 without heat for half an hour sucked bad! By the time I was feeling heat, I was shaking like a Gay guy at a weenie roast! Could have been much worse if I didnt keep a blanket and extra gloves in the truck.

Lesson learned or relearned, always buy a vehicle with real gauges in it! If I had driven until an idiot light lit up and it overheated, the outcome wouldnt have been nearly as fun as it turned out!