Red Jacket
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Red Jacket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Red Jacket

Just watched the "tazer shotgun" episode. After watching the owners daughter shoot the desert eagle I realize just how heavily edited and staged the show appears. My search for a good gun show continues. Anyone enjoy the gun shows on Sportsman Channel?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Welcome to bad american television.

If its about Guns, Cars, or Video Games, we usually do a terrible job at putting it on television.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

The Red Jacket show has too much phony stuff in it. They also take on projects that have little value at all. Quad 60's? There are modern equivalents that are much better, no use except to a collector who has a big pile of money.

I enjoy Wednesday night viewing on the Outdoor Channel. The Best Defense, Shooting Gallery, American Rifleman, Gun Stories, Impossible Shots, all good shows. It is the only night of the week that I really like to watch tv.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The stone age.....

Iv'e been in gun shops before, seems all they do is hammer and grind.... No finess in their work, maybe they can beat the next punkin chunkin champion........

Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum
Iv'e been in gun shops before, seems all they do is hammer and grind.... No finess in their work, maybe they can beat the next punkin chunkin champion........
LoL...true

Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If you search, there are complaint threads about this show on every gun forum i visit. The episode about the tooth in the old revolver was allegedly a recreation of a story one of the crew had heard involving a dentist with borrowed old revolver.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Yes, I have "tried" to watch & like Sons of Guns too. But I inevitably record a few episodes of it and get tired of it quickly. They are usually working or making something that is so outrageous that it holds little interest for me.
I wish I could get the Outdoors Channel but my satellite provider does not carry it.

My favs are on the Sportsman Channel - like Guns & Ammo TV & American Handgunner.
Those are very good shows to me.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #8

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think the biggest thing to me is that will talks down to his employees all the time. I wont work for anyone that talks to me like that, especially on TV.he treats vince like a basterd step child.. " i hope that you didnt mistake this for a conversation" OR " if i wanted to have a conversation i would say,, lets stand here and have a conversation" all because to try to ask him a question. F that

Old 10-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6729 Times on 3582 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore View Post
Just watched the "tazer shotgun" episode. After watching the owners daughter shoot the desert eagle I realize just how heavily edited and staged the show appears. My search for a good gun show continues. Anyone enjoy the gun shows on Sportsman Channel?
they edited in her firing a 9mm and claimed it was a DE. my wife shoots a DE50AE a lot. if you can shoot a 44magnum revolver you can shoot a de 50
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

To me, Mail Call and Lock'N'Load are the most fun! Gotta love the Gunny!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek