Recipes you'd like to share - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Recipes you'd like to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

If you like steak:

First of all NEVER freeze a steak. If you freeze it, it gonna be tough.

Take the steak out of the fridge and place it uncovered on the counter. Lightly salt the meat. Let it sit until it reaches room temperature. During this process, the meat will absorb the salt.

Once it reaches room temperature cover it in a light coating of olive oil. (This keeps the juices in). Season it with what ever seasoning you like. All I use is black pepper.

Gas: cook on medium heat until medium rare or medium

Wood/charcoal: see gas instructions

Disclaimer: cooking a steak past medium should be a sin.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7138 Times on 4296 Posts
Likes Given: 8663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
This is one of my favorite sandwiches to make.

Attachment 120591

Italian Beef Grilled Cheese on Rye

I first buttered the inside of the bread and grilled it so that the bread would not get soggy and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I buttered the outside and put together the sandwich. I used Italian beef, smoked provolone, grilled onion, mayo, and spicy mustard. It was really good!! I make it with smoked Gouda too.
That looks incredibly delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Here's an easy crock pot pulled pork. You can use homemade BBQ sauce, but hubby likes Sweet Baby Ray's.

Attachment 120592

Cherry Coke Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
Pork Roast - 2.5 pounds (or whatever size you want)
can of Cherry Coke
brown sugar
garlic
sweet onion
Sweet Baby Rays - Hickory and Brown Sugar

I cut the sweet onion and left it in thick rings and set it on the bottom of the crock pot. I rubbed the pork roast with brown sugar and then cut the pork roast in half and set it on the onions. The onions are to keep the meat off of the bottom of the crock pot. Add the can of Cherry Coke, to the crock pot and I added some minced garlic. I also added a little bit of lemon juice. I cooked on low for about 10 hours. I then drained most of the Cherry Coke. I then shredded the pork and added the Sweet Baby Rays. Add as much or as little as you would like. I let it sit in the crock pot for about 15 minutes longer to warm up the BBQ sauce. We had it on onion rolls with cole slaw. It was fantastic and so easy.
Sounds great. Sweet Baby Ray's is my favorite BBQ sauce, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
This is a great deer jerky recipe. You can use beef, elk or other red meat. EVERYBODY who tries my recipe will love it.

2 lbs. of meat.
1/2 cup of soy sauce.
1/2 cup worchester sauce.
1 table spoon of garlic powder.
2 table spoons of brown sugar.
2 table spoons of ketchup.
2 1/2 tea spoons of salt.
1/2 tea spoon of onion powder.
3/4 tea spoon of black pepper.
2 table spoons of steak sauce, your choice.
A dash of old bay seasoning.
Course red pepper a little if you like it spicy.

I have found that 6-7 hrs is plenty of time depending on thickness of the meat. Real thick pieces 3/8" or greater 8 hrs..
After about 3 hrs. I rotate the trays ie. the bottom goes on top and vice versa.

Make a batch then add or subtract to personal taste. I'm confident ya'll will love this.

Cut up meat.

Marinate. 20-24 hrs.

Load dehydrator. 4-5 trays total. Rotate trays a couple of times.

6-8 hrs later its time to eat.
I think I need to buy a dehydrator. That looks so good it almost made me cry. LOL I have made beef jerky in an oven. I just cook it on real low, about 200 degrees, until the meat is dry.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Crispy fried backstrap cutlets:

Marinade in 50% Worcestershire sauce 50% Allegra game tame for 1/2 hour.

Dip in 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon Tabasco garlic sauce

Batter with 1 cup flour, 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon Tony's, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Fry at 300 degrees for 7-9 minutes, stop right before they turn golden brown

Remove from grease.

Turn up fryer to max temperature

Fry for 60 seconds or until golden brown.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
6-8 hrs later its time to eat.
What kind of dehydrator do you have. I like small kitchen appliances and now I think I have to have a dehydrator.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

easy fried egg and bacon sandwiches.

extra large eggs. fried.
four slices of bacon per sandwich. fried.
salt and pepper to taste.
lettuce.
tomato.
onion.
Texas Toast, toasted.
Miracle Whip.

fry the eggs and bacon. toast the bread. spread on Miracle Whip. assemble with lettuce, tomato and onion.

enjoy!

Old 09-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What kind of dehydrator do you have. I like small kitchen appliances and now I think I have to have a dehydrator.
Winds his looks to be an Oster.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Winds his looks to be an Oster.
and dehydrators come in different sizes. i am sure you can find a size that suits your needs. the one Limbkiller has pictured, doesn't look very big.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Any suggestions on a good one from anyone else who uses a dehydrator? I Googled dehydrators and there are all kinds in a large price range. I certainly don't need a huge, professional one. And I'm usually cooking for just me.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #19

Liked 2201 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

This weekend we've had power out, so I broke out the cast iron skillet and Dutch oven to keep the family fed off the grill.

Fajitas:

Soaked some flank steak in half a bottle of beer with a clove of garlic that was minced. Also added a tsp of salt, a tsp of black pepper, a tsp of cumin, and a couple tbsp of lemon juice and a couple tbsp of olive oil. I let that marinade while I went and picked up a red and green bell pepper. Cut the peppers and half the onion into julienne strips. Got the grill going and cooked the flank steak about 3-4 minutes per side and then removed the meat to slice it while I got the skillet going with the onions and peppers in another 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once the onions and peppers began to get soft I tossed the beef strips back into the skillet and covered it with the Dutch oven lid for about 3 minutes after adding another dash of black pepper and salt. Tortillas were wrapped in foil and on the "cool" side of the grills upper rack getting warmed up. Removed everything and served hot with some guacamole and salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.

Used coals on the Dutch oven to make pineapple upside down cake.

Put about a quarter inch of water in the bottom of the Dutch oven. Build a foil pan out of layers of foil just down to the water line. I had a couple boxes of Jiffy yellow cake mix mixed to box instructions (1 egg and some water per package).
Sprinkle a quarter cup of brown sugar in the foil along with two tbsp of butter that is crumbled and distributed around the foil. Lay down pineapple slices. Add some maraschino cherries into the pineapple rings. Then pour in the cake batter. Cover the oven with its lid and place over a ring of coals and add more coals on the lid, shooting for a temp of around 350 degrees. Let it bake for about 30-40 minutes and check it until a toothpick comes out clean. Lift out the foil and flip your cake onto a serving plate.

Also did chicken pot pie, but that was finished off in the electric oven when the power was on. But it's still nice that you can cook the whole thing from burner to oven in the same pan, using cast iron.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 09-29-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #20

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Grilled bologna and cheese

Two pieces of bread
Butter
Cheese
Bologna

Butter one side on the two pieces bread put a piece of cheese and bologna between them with the butter on the outer side of the sandwich and fry in a pan till cooked how you like them.

It test awesome plus you can fry up some peppers and onions to put on it also and it taste pretty good.

Also pretty good with fries and a cold beer.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

yazul42 Likes This