Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Recipes you'd like to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #111
F4U
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 792 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Learn to grill. When I was single, I lived off of my grill. I could cook everything from your normal BBQ fare to pizzas and burritos on it. (Still can. . )

And when I was at a loss for date nights, a filet mignon in garlic butter sauce served with a side of BBQ bread, sweet corn and BBQ baked potatoes always BROUGHT HOME THE MONEY! Especially with a few tea candles and some music thrown in the mix.

Total prep time: half an hour. But toss the taters on the warming rack early.

Positive Results: No future boyfriend will ever be good enough. Every girl she knows will hear about it the next morning making her easy to replace if she turns out to be a @:$/)/. (Dated a lot of those. :-( )

Downside: Do it enough for a girl and she'll never want restaurant steak again unless its $100 a plate. And even then she'll complain about it and want to just go home and grill.
Since I have been single again I too am living off of my grill almost no dishes to wash this way too. lol

A chuck roast rubbed with salt pepper and garlic powder is very good on the grill about 9-10 minutes on a side, not as tender as steak but tastes good and is much cheaper than steak. A baked potato and some good bread are a good addition.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #112

Liked 2161 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
Since I have been single again I too am living off of my grill almost no dishes to wash this way too. lol A chuck roast rubbed with salt pepper and garlic powder is very good on the grill about 9-10 minutes on a side, not as tender as steak but tastes good and is much cheaper than steak. A baked potato and some good bread are a good addition.
I'd cut a chuck roast into steaks, pound them out with a big meat tenderizer, and leave them overnight in "30 min" A1 Chicago steakhouse marinade before I grilled them. Not tough at all that way!

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #113

Liked 455 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just made this for the first time today, its amazing.

Pizza Manicotti
8 Manicotti shells
8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
8 slices of deli ham
32 slices of pepperoni
Pasta sauce
Shredded mozzarella

Boil water to cook manicotti until al dente.
Lay out each individual piece hamwith four pieces of pepperoni and a cheese stick and roll it up. Stuff each ham roll into a manicotti shell.
Pour half a cup of sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish. Place stuffed Manicotti into it and cover with sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

boatme98 Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #114

Liked 1338 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Just made this for the first time today, its amazing.

Pizza Manicotti
8 Manicotti shells
8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
8 slices of deli ham
32 slices of pepperoni
Pasta sauce
Shredded mozzarella

Boil water to cook manicotti until al dente.
Lay out each individual piece hamwith four pieces of pepperoni and a cheese stick and roll it up. Stuff each ham roll into a manicotti shell.
Pour half a cup of sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish. Place stuffed Manicotti into it and cover with sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
That sounds good. Easy too. Think I'll try it for lunches next week.

Disordered hyperuniformity is for chickens.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #115

Breakfast burritos

1/2 lb sausage
6eggs
1 cup cheese
1 cup chopped mix of onions bell peppers and celery
1 large garlic clove
4 large tortillas

Name:  image-2620440639.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  33.7 KB

Cook sausage and seasoning down in skillet

Name:  image-969065127.jpg
Size:  31.8 KB

Once sausage is cooked add eggs and cheese

Name:  image-192663935.jpg
Size:  31.5 KB

Stuff and fold burritos and brush liberally with butter.

Place in oven for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees and cook until golden brown.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #116

Here's a pic of the after math of my yogurt making for my neighbor the other day.

Name:  image-42494121.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  30.1 KB

1 full gallon. I need to buy some bigger jars. This is a lot of mess to clean!

Name:  image-1186114748.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  31.8 KB

Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #117

Liked 2325 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Ass Burner Chili.

I don't follow recipes so this is off handed stuff here

It's good though.

Needed;

6-7 cloves of garlic
Half of large red onion
Olive oil
1 lb of ground sirloin
Ground cumin
chili powder
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Chopped oregano
Ground red pepper
Paprika
Black pepper
2 jalapeño peppers
More spice Tonys seasoning
1 large can rotel original or hot
1 small can rotel original or hot
1 can of reduced salt or salt free tomato paste plain

Think that's everything

In a large pot

Add olive oil over medium heat
Dice half red onion finely and add to hot oil, while waiting for onions to clarify chop up the garlic finely as well

Once onions have started to clear add garlic to hot oil and onions

Let that cook for about 2 minutes and add your ground sirloin

Brown your sirloin, I don't get much grease out of this so I don't drain it

Add cans of tomato products and stir in with the meat onions and garlic.

Add 1-1.5 oz which is half a Kroger bottle of the chili powder.

Take the Cajun spices and cover the top of mixture with a thin coat and stir it in. Add healthy amount of paprika and black pepper. Put in a very small amount of oregano.

Cut up and add jalapeño peppers

Leave heat on meduim until it starts to bubble then turn heat to low.

After it simmers for a an hour or so add garlic and onion powder to taste.

Don't add the cumin until the last half hour of cooking or so. If you feel you need to add more spices do so at your choosing.

I normally let my chili simmer for 3 hours. To much longer the meat seems to mush up.

Serve in big bowl with cold beer or milk!

It's spicy but good.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #118

Liked 2325 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Ass Burner Chili. I don't follow recipes so this is off handed stuff here It's good though. Needed; 6-7 cloves of garlic Half of large red onion Olive oil 1 lb of ground sirloin Ground cumin chili powder Garlic powder Onion powder Chopped oregano Ground red pepper Paprika Black pepper 2 jalapeño peppers More spice Tonys seasoning 1 large can rotel original or hot 1 small can rotel original or hot 1 can of reduced salt or salt free tomato paste plain Think that's everything In a large pot Add olive oil over medium heat Dice half red onion finely and add to hot oil, while waiting for onions to clarify chop up the garlic finely as well Once onions have started to clear add garlic to hot oil and onions Let that cook for about 2 minutes and add your ground sirloin Brown your sirloin, I don't get much grease out of this so I don't drain it Add cans of tomato products and stir in with the meat onions and garlic. Add 1-1.5 oz which is half a Kroger bottle of the chili powder. Take the Cajun spices and cover the top of mixture with a thin coat and stir it in. Add healthy amount of paprika and black pepper. Put in a very small amount of oregano. Cut up and add jalapeño peppers Leave heat on meduim until it starts to bubble then turn heat to low. After it simmers for a an hour or so add garlic and onion powder to taste. Don't add the cumin until the last half hour of cooking or so. If you feel you need to add more spices do so at your choosing. I normally let my chili simmer for 3 hours. To much longer the meat seems to mush up. Serve in big bowl with cold beer or milk! It's spicy but good.
Don't get to far from a toilet btw

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #119

Liked 1338 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Here's a pic of the after math of my yogurt making for my neighbor the other day.

Attachment 122557

1 full gallon. I need to buy some bigger jars. This is a lot of mess to clean!

Attachment 122558
Just let the cat lick them clean.

Disordered hyperuniformity is for chickens.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #120
Caught Between

Liked 83 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Ye Olde Two Crust Lemon Pie
( from a memory proven to be faulty )

Da Stuff What's In It:

Pastry for large or deep dish pie
1 stick butter (softened)
1 2/3 C sugar
3 Tbls flour
4 large eggs ( reserve 1 Tbls white )
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C + 2 Tbls water
2+ tsp grated lemon rind
juice and just the meat of 2 to 2 1/2 large lemons ( peel lemons removing all white skin then pry out meat from ribs and chop fine then squeeze the hell outa the ribcage to get all the juice )

Cream butter and sugar, add flour and salt, add eggs ( one at a time or throw em all in at once, pie tastes the same, beat eggs beforehand if they have been naughty ), add water, toss in lemon juice with meat + grated rind. Taste to see if you think it needs just a little more lemon juice or sugar.

Pour in bottom crust ( works better if bottom crust is in pie pan when this takes place ), mixture will be VERY thin, that's OK, trust me. Gently place & trim top crust and do magic finger twirling around edges. Brush top with reserved egg white and sprinkle with just the barest hint of nutmeg then sprinkle with a bunch of cin/sugar. Cut vents.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Pie looks better if a sheet of foil is placed 2" above top crust for first 15-20 minutes then removed.

Remove from oven before attempting to eat.

For all we have, thank a vet.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone."
- Erwin Rommel