Recipes you'd like to share - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Recipes you'd like to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Learn to grill. When I was single, I lived off of my grill. I could cook everything from your normal BBQ fare to pizzas and burritos on it. (Still can. . )

And when I was at a loss for date nights, a filet mignon in garlic butter sauce served with a side of BBQ bread, sweet corn and BBQ baked potatoes always BROUGHT HOME THE MONEY! Especially with a few tea candles and some music thrown in the mix.

Total prep time: half an hour. But toss the taters on the warming rack early.

Positive Results: No future boyfriend will ever be good enough. Every girl she knows will hear about it the next morning making her easy to replace if she turns out to be a @:$/)/. (Dated a lot of those. :-( )

Downside: Do it enough for a girl and she'll never want restaurant steak again unless its $100 a plate. And even then she'll complain about it and want to just go home and grill.
Hey I might b lookin for a room mate lol
Old 10-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #102
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8204 Times on 4737 Posts
Likes Given: 10561

Tried some salted corn ice cream the other night. Came out too salty. Shouldn't have used the Danish Viking Smoked Sea Salt- too strong!

Next up is bacon ice cream.

stviking.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Since Mr. JW posted the picture, I'll post the recipe.

My Lasagna
1 lb pkg hot ground Italian sausage
1 bag shredded Italian 4 cheese blend
1 bag shredded mozzarella
1 clove garlic
1 medium container ricotta cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 eggs
1 jar pasta sauce (I prefer prego roasted garlic flavor)
Enough lasagna noodles to cover your baking dish 3 times
3 tbsp salt.

Boil salted water and add lasagna noodles, I usually add olive oil to the water so they don't stick to each other

Mince garlic add to a skillet with Italian sausage, cook over medium heat until sausage is browned. Drain off excess grease

Mix ricotta, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and the Italian cheese blend together.

Drain lasagna noodles once cooked al dente. Begin assembling layers by putting a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of your baking dish, with a single layer of noodles on top. Add a small amount of sauce on top then smooth the cheese mixture in a thick layer (this will be the bulk of your lasagna) followed by a small amount more sauce and another layer of noodles. On top of these noodles, mix remaining sauce with the Italian sausage and spread over top. Add final layer of noodles and top with the entire bag of mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then approximately 8 more minutes at 425.

Let cool for at least 5 minutes to avoid collapse upon playing. Enjoy with garlic bread.

This is a great recipe to "hide" veggies in. Frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained) goes great in the cheese layer.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Soak worms in water before eating them. It gets them to poop first. They'll taste a little better after soaking. Good protein source if ya gotta survive in the woods.
Put them in damp corn meal for a day. Then egg wash them and roll them through a mix of corn meal, and flour, then deep fry them. They almost taste good.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Put them in damp corn meal for a day. Then egg wash them and roll them through a mix of corn meal, and flour, then deep fry them. They almost taste good.
This thread has taken a dark turn. Worms are bait. Fish are food. I don't see a "green sick smiley". If I did I would use it now.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 10-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #106
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
This thread has taken a dark turn. Worms are bait. Fish are food. I don't see a "green sick smiley". If I did I would use it now.
This is even better, don't ya think?

Did you know in Australia they call vomit "pavement pizza". LOL
People Like This 
Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #107

Liked 2128 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Here's an easy crock pot pulled pork. You can use homemade BBQ sauce, but hubby likes Sweet Baby Ray's.

Attachment 120592

Cherry Coke Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
Pork Roast - 2.5 pounds (or whatever size you want)
can of Cherry Coke
brown sugar
garlic
sweet onion
Sweet Baby Rays - Hickory and Brown Sugar

I cut the sweet onion and left it in thick rings and set it on the bottom of the crock pot. I rubbed the pork roast with brown sugar and then cut the pork roast in half and set it on the onions. The onions are to keep the meat off of the bottom of the crock pot. Add the can of Cherry Coke, to the crock pot and I added some minced garlic. I also added a little bit of lemon juice. I cooked on low for about 10 hours. I then drained most of the Cherry Coke. I then shredded the pork and added the Sweet Baby Rays. Add as much or as little as you would like. I let it sit in the crock pot for about 15 minutes longer to warm up the BBQ sauce. We had it on onion rolls with cole slaw. It was fantastic and so easy.
Super simple and delicious. Tried it tonite.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 143 Posts

Green chili:

2-lbs cooked pork, I buy inexpensive cuts and roast them and the onion together to cut down on fat, but you can fry it.

3-lbs roasted and peeled green chilis, coarsely chopped. You can use canned if you have to. But, many groceries have frozen green chilis, and if you really care you can roast and peel your own chillies.

1-lbs yellow onion, coarsely choppedI. roast mine with the meat. If your frying the meat just throw the onion in with the meat.

3 or 4 cloves garlic, crushed.

Throw it all in a crock pot with enough water to cover, and simmer until the pork gets tender, then salt to taste.

If you like it hot: roast and finely chop a few jalapeño peppers, and add them to the crock pot.

I serve it over about 3/4-inch of refried beans, as a green chili. I also use it as a sauce over tamales.

You can also convert it into pesole, by adding chicken broth, and hominy.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #109
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6033 Times on 2988 Posts
Likes Given: 6409

Just made it (Like every morning), 5 heaping tablespoons of 8:00 Colombian Coffee, One pot of water poured at a lively pace, press the brew button and 7 minutes later, mmmm mmmmm good, Coffee!!

Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

image-3793406108.jpg

Culturing a gallon of organic homeade yogurt for the neighbor.

1-2 tablespoons of plain organic yogurt whey per pint of milk set out at 74-78 degrees for 6-24 hours or until the milk begins to pull away from the sides of the jar. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours. Never buy yogurt again.

This is from a villi heirloom culture that a friend dried herself and mailed to me. But it works just fine with yogurt whey strained from store bought organic yogurt.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-14-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This