Received From DC.!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Received From DC.!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Received From DC.!!

Dear Mr. Puhl:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As a gun owner, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. We must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals. However, the rights of responsible gun owners should not be compromised by individuals who use firearms to commit crimes. Please be assured that I have noted your views regarding this issue, and that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to defend the Second Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's gun owners.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I do not trust Harry ball...ummm ...Reid

I use dot go shooting with my Rep in the HOR. The tool in the Senate I have on idea how he keeps his job. I know two of the Congressmen in this state will fight. I email them all all the time though. I don't want them to feel like I don't think about them anymore...heh

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #3

Liked 4519 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
Dear Mr. Puhl:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

I mean, thank you for contacting my secretary, and thank you for reading my pre-written, auto-penned response that was written by my secretary, and approved by me.

As a gun owner, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
As a single shot, shotgun owner, I can't rail against the Supreme Court, in their final decision, so I welcomed it.... kind of as you might "welcome" a drunk uncle to your house...It doesn't necessarily mean you like the guy, or even invited him over. Anyways, I own a cool sporting shotgun, that I keep for photo ops so I can tell you all that I am a gun owner. That way I can play both sides of the debate, at my leisure.
We must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals.
Meaning we should have registration, finger prints, waiting periods, no fly lists apply to gun owners...things like that... it's for the children
However, the rights of responsible gun owners should not be compromised by individuals who use firearms to commit crimes.
However, I will define what constitutes responsible gun owner.
Please be assured that I have noted your views regarding this issue, and that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to defend the Second Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's gun owners.
Please be assured that I will do whatever keeps me getting re-elected

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6534 Times on 3643 Posts
Likes Given: 6173

Give the man the benefit of the doubt until he proves unworthy by his actions.

I believe that in the end, he will do the right thing even if for the wrong reasons.

Remember, old Hairy ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY does not wish to cast a recorded vote on this issue.

He will, in all probability, give vocal support to Swine-Stine, while working behind the scene to make damn sure it doesn't come up for a vote.

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Another one From Reid

Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban

By Alexander Bolton - 01/29/13 03:08 PM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to voice support for Democratic legislation that would ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Reid said he would bring gun-violence legislation to the floor and open it to a lengthy amendment process. But he declined to endorse the assault weapons ban introduced last week by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), which has the support of the 2nd- and 3rd-ranking Senate Democratic leaders.

“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons. The new one. She believes in it fervently and I admire her for that. I’ll take a look at that,” he said in response to a reporter's question. “We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns, and I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.”

Feinstein’s bill would ban the sale and manufacture of more than 150 types of semi-automatic weapons, including handguns with fixed magazines capable of holding more than 10 bullets.

Republicans have raised doubts that Reid will even bring gun-control legislation to the Senate floor. Reid helped defeat an effort five years ago to renew the federal assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.

Reid dispelled the GOP speculation.

He said he has told his colleagues he will do everything in his power to “bring legislation dealing with guns and violence, generally, to the floor.”

Reid said that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) has told the Democratic Caucus his plans for holding hearings on gun violence.

Leahy has introduced legislation to help prosecutors crack down on “straw purchasers” of firearms later used in crimes.

by Taboola
From Around the Web

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/279895-reid-declines-to-endorse-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban#ixzz2JUMCvjvh
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin