Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Reasonable Wait time for shipping (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/reasonable-wait-time-shipping-49100/)

32tudor 10-01-2011 01:40 PM

Reasonable Wait time for shipping

What is a Reasonable Wait time for shipping from a seller
heres my story the names will be omitted to avoid causing embarassment to seller
I pay paled a seller on Monday $50.00 he was prompt in all responses till I sent funds ,
After I sent funds came the story that I won't be able to ship till 28th or 29th OK work is important because I'm out of town working, But each Night after payment was made I see he is on line making posts, to include the night he told me (I promise) I'll ship it and send tracking info didn't happen .

How long is long enough :confused:

lonyaeger 10-01-2011 01:43 PM

It can be very frustrating. I'd say it should be shipped within 3 or 4 days of receiving payment. But not much you can do.

Jpyle 10-01-2011 03:13 PM

I agree with Lon, barring any unforeseen emergency 3-4 days is enough time to get to the post office or arrange a pickup. You lived up to your side of the deal and, I assume, paid for the shipping. Unless he is waiting for the transaction to clear I would remind him so. If he continues to delay most online sites have "bad seller" departments that may be able to prompt him to ship or loose his rights and/or reputation.

lonyaeger 10-01-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 590630)
Unless he is waiting for the transaction to clear I would remind him so.

I forgot about this.....this could be the case. I bought a gun off of Gunbroker and the seller wanted to wait for the check to clear....even though it was a certified check. It was my understanding that a certified check is as good as cash, but not in his opinion.

BenLuby 10-01-2011 03:19 PM

Well, one other side of the issue to remember, just because you see someone online and posting does NOT mean they are at home. My laptop has a wi-fi card that I carry with me, and I can be in Cali posting, while all my stuff is still in Georgia.
Stating 'person X is online' does not automatically equate to 'person X is sitting at home'.
Look how many posts on here say 'sent from my droidX' or 'sent from my iphone' or whatever media device.

Jpyle 10-01-2011 03:24 PM

I'm sure that used to be the case but criminals f'd it up for everyone. Anything that be counterfeited these days, laser printers and scanners can replicate any document. Most sellers lack the tools to authenticate an out of state check and most likely rely on the bank to do it...free of charge once the funds are deposited. I have even seen notices of forged postal money orders, the gold standard of risk free payment.

32tudor 10-02-2011 01:40 PM

Reasonable Wait time for shipping

well I didn't send a check certified or postal money order I used pay pal and the funds have been sitting in there for months they are verified and no wait time on receiving them it is instant .(plus I asked him if he tool PAT PAL before I sent funds so no wait time , so now I get a PM from him with a bogus tracking number from ups I have been buying and selling for around 10 years on line and I have never been screwed around with (like this guy on THIS SITE ) I guess this is how members with over a 1k of posts handle selling items . Not to mention all his name calling

CA357 10-02-2011 02:28 PM

32tudor, I have taken an interest in this issue. The seller stated that he was out of town. The seller is a known supporting member here. I suggest that you stand down and show some patience.