Rear-Ended Biker

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rear-Ended Biker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1924 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 3928

Default Rear-Ended Biker

Watch the video from the blaze. Very lucky; but, the bike is not so lucky!

Rear-Ended Biker Gets Jolted Into the Air, Lands on Feet & Captures it All on Helmet Cam | The Blaze

Ever wondered what it’s like being on a motorcycle and getting rear-ended? Well, this might be as close as you can get without being involved in a real accident.

A helmet video posted on YouTube shows a motorcycle rider come to a smooth stop at a traffic light. Seconds later, tires squeal, and metal crunches, as a woman rams the rider from behind. Amazingly, the man is jolted into the air and lands on his feet.

No information on the accident was posted with the video. The license plate in front of the biker does seem to be from California, however.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 02-08-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

1) - I had to do a double take because I was sure Shihan was trying to get something over on the censor.

2) - Motorcycles. Your coffin will cost as much as your bike. It's been proven time and again. They just don't match up well when the Lug Nut rule is applied.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That was one lucky guy right there, and one totaled GSXR. I was a motorcycle tech for five years, and have lost one family member to a motorcycle accident. While I will ride the occasional crotch rocket around the block on a test ride, because I do side work out of my garage for extra cash, I will never own one. Cars and bikes don't mix. I own a dirt bike, but if you crash or anything, you aren't going to get hit by a car.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2907 Times on 1676 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Just was checking the air in the tires of hers (and mine) today.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's scary stuff. I used to have the same bike, just in white. All you riders be safe out there!

I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That was one lucky rider. I'm amazed that didn't end in a helmet-whipping. I've never had one actually hit me from behind, but been ran off the road plenty of times. Also caved in lots of doors and busted a lot of glass.

I had to watch that a couple of times. I still can't believe the rider was standing. Is it just me or does he slap that Montero on the way down? Must have gotten the jolt from the hood.

Josh-US Army EOD (Bomb Squad)
Plenty of firearms and ammo.
A couple diesels sitting around.
Lots of learning to be done!!

Lifetime NRA Member

Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I bet you that boy had some shart stains in his pants that day. Good lord.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 AM   #8

Same thing happend to me last summer. Sitting at a stop light, lady on a cell phone ran right into the back of me. I always make it a habbit of watching behind me while sitting there, but since we were ALL stopped, I was focusing on the light. Lady sees the turn lane to the left start to move and she just drives straight ahead. Sent my bike into the middle of the intersection, but I was able to walk away. Ended up having to put the bike into the shop for repairs from the damage for about 3 weeks. Felt bad for the lady, but was just glad she had insurance LOL.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 AM   #9

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I had a buddy get rearended at a stop light several years ago. He had both feet on the ground and the bick got shoved out from under him and the bumper of the camaro hit him in the back of the legs just hard enough for him to fall back on his rear and just sit their amazed at the sight of hit bike getting ran over by a bus in the intersection.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I had a buddy get rearended at a stop light several years ago. He had both feet on the ground and the bick got shoved out from under him and the bumper of the camaro hit him in the back of the legs just hard enough for him to fall back on his rear and just sit their amazed at the sight of hit bike getting ran over by a bus in the intersection.
It was wrong but I had to laugh at that one.