Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Really this guy owns Facebook. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/really-guy-owns-facebook-27649/)

cpttango30 05-28-2010 01:18 PM

Really this guy owns Facebook.

I can't hardly stand to read what he said in an interview. It is amazing this guy can breath on his own without being told to breath all the time.

Zuck: I Could Have Sold Facebook For $1 Billion At Age 22, So No, Revenues Are Not My Top Concern)

spittinfire 05-28-2010 02:21 PM

Maybe I should start a social networking website.....

cpttango30 05-28-2010 02:33 PM

No you can talk in complete sentences with out using LIKE ever 4 words. That is the one thing I can't stand I can deal with bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation, this use of LIKE all the time is just horrible. I think all schools should be turned into private schools. Maybe then the kids might learn something......

Missileman 05-28-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 291680)
No you can talk in complete sentences with out using LIKE ever 4 words. That is the one thing I can't stand I can deal with bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation, this use of LIKE all the time is just horrible. I think all schools should be turned into private schools. Maybe then the kids might learn something......

+1! I've counted before and had some young people use "like" six times in one sentence! Another bad one is "you know"--both of them drive me crazy!

jeepcreep927 05-28-2010 02:48 PM

"Whatever" Tango... I f'n hate that one too.

gregs887 05-28-2010 04:02 PM

Check out the book "The Accidental Billionaires". It's all about the start of Facebook from his Harvard dorm room. It's a pretty good read.

robocop10mm 05-28-2010 04:10 PM

I started counting the "likes" in my daughter's dialogue. After she was done speaking I would give her a number. She would ask what the number meant. I would tell her "that is how many times you said 'like'." She learned to stop saying it when she started hearing herself overuse it.
At 15 she can now pretty much carry on an adult conversation.

saviorslegacy 05-28-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missileman (Post 291686)
+1! I've counted before and had some young people use "like" six times in one sentence! Another bad one is "you know"--both of them drive me crazy!

How about, "and, um" or "and, uh".
I see people try to talk and say that before almost every word!
"Like" doesn't bother me because I am use to it. "You know" drives my insane... you know.

orangello 05-28-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 291680)
I think all schools should be turned into private schools. Maybe then the kids might learn something......

Not to rain on the parade Tango, but i went to a private academy 2nd-12th grades. I learned a lot of things; i'll never forget learning how to pick the lock on handcuffs in P.E. (borrowed from LEO by his son). :D

The one that gets me is "you know what I'm sayin"; i can live with "dude" as every 5th word.

Shihan 05-28-2010 09:41 PM

Like, You know, I was just like surprised you read business Websites. Whatever, you know, like, C'mon..like whatever.:D