re the gone, lamented Star Model 30M, caliber 9mm Para
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > re the gone, lamented Star Model 30M, caliber 9mm Para

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default re the gone, lamented Star Model 30M, caliber 9mm Para

Saw some posts on the above, including reference to Numrich for spare parts.

They have what seems to be a longish list, though unfortunately many of these items are marked "sold out". Some sources that I had obtained parts from seem to have dried up and as for recoil springs, a "wear item", I ended up having some made, I was able to furnish an unused recoil spring for the spring maker.

In passing, the following might interest some. I had noticed evidence of frame battering in my M 30, looked around and couldn't find anyone who made "shock buff" type items. Perhaps I just got lucky, but it turns out that the buffer for the CZ-75, made by Buffer Technologies fits, and functions, it seems, without problems.

If I understood correctly, and if the information itself is correct, I've been told that recoil springs for the CZ-75 will work in the M 30. I cannot confirm this however, though it might be worth that proverbial "college try"..

As for magazines, S & W 5900 series are supposed to work, though the factory items, use of these is suggested, seem to have dried up, and after market magazines might or might not fit.

Hope the foregoing helps.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Did you check this out?
Star Firearms : Information on Finding Spares and Accessories

If you know spanish (the site is in english, but you have to email - iparguns@iparguns.com - in spanish, let me know if I can help you)... check this out, they even have brand news M30s, they have target kits (match barrel, low lbs trigger group and target sights), single action trigger groups, and spare parts:
IPAR guns

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #3

Thank you, I have. Emailed the Spanish outfit you mentioned, no reply yet. we shall see. As for the "new" M 30's pistols you mentioned, that sounds interesting, though importing them might be even more "interesting".

Re holsters, I use a Fobus marked Glock 26 for the M 30, works fine. Re interchange of recoil springs, CZ-75 for Star M 30, looking at the springs, I doubt that it would work as the CZ spring is noticeably shorter than the Star spring.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #4

AsmelEduardo:

I got the following response from iparguns, re magazines for the M 30, they said nothing re the availability of "target kits" or the "brand new M30's" you mentioned. I hadn't inquired about such items though. In any event, their reply follows below, which might prove of interest to some. No response from other inquiries.

Hello Alan,

We have plenty of original, factory new 30M magazines, avaliable at $45 each.

Minimum shipping from Spain is $15, enough to ship one mag, could ship up
to three mags at $22. We take Paypal for payments, you can also mail cash,
will give you details for the preferred method.

Thank you, take care,

Jorge
IPARGUNS MANUFACTURA DE ARMAS S.L.

The prices seem a bit high, though it might be a "seller's market". S & W 5900 serires magazines or properly shaped after market magazines might be less costly, and disabeling the magazine safety does not seem all that complicated or difficult. Based on my experience, I shoot a M 30 in IPSC competition, the Star factory magazines work very well indeed. and were seemigly well thought out, and manufactured.