Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rant: TV Show Flashpoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, we have taken our shots, but has anyone seen the resent episode "Haunting the Barn" about a former SRU member who returns to the station house and has a stand off with the team?

I thought that was one of the best episodes, hands down, that they have done.

The protrayal of PTSD was very well done and the acting skills displayed by the team sniper, Ed, were very good.

That was one episode that I did not feel cheated on watching.

I would like to extend +1 to the writing staff on that episode.

JD
Oh please it was one of the best if not the best but their was too much crying and getting in touch with your female side crap for me. I am sorry if some ex member wanted to off himself in my conference room I am not going to hug is sorry azz after I talk him down. I am going to punch his azz right in the effin face for trying to splatter his brains al over my conference room.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Oh please it was one of the best if not the best but their was too much crying and getting in touch with your female side crap for me. I am sorry if some ex member wanted to off himself in my conference room I am not going to hug is sorry azz after I talk him down. I am going to punch his azz right in the effin face for trying to splatter his brains al over my conference room.
LOL - Well, at least we can agree it was one of their best episodes thus far.

Your compassion for fellow team members is touching though Tango - I think you need a hug.

JD

Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - Well, at least we can agree it was one of their best episodes thus far.

Your compassion for fellow team members is touching though Tango - I think you need a hug.

JD

What's with you and all this sissy nanny boy huggin crap?

The DA (My new term for DUMBAZZ) should have known the BG would come back after getting beat down by a little girl. They should have stayed and then waxed the bg upon entering with one of them MP5 airsoft guns.

Punching him in the face is better than what I thought of first. Take one of them mp5 and shoot his DA in the freegin knee cap. Then while he is on the ground kick in square in the nuts for bleeding on my floor.

On a good note I watched Spaceballs on the tv sunday.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #14

In the immortal words of Chevy Chase from FLETCH:

"I like Men. I Like to be manhandled. I like you."

Outside of that, I just thought it was a good episode and was impressed with the acting in that episode, especially by the guy who plays Ed.

We, me especially, have taken quite a few shots at the show and I thought some credit was due.

You needing a hug is just an assumption.

JD

Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #15

After the day I had I think I do. I got 3 hours of sleep thanks to my puppy and The first season of Sliders (God I am a geek). My daughter went out again last night. and then I get to work and my server had crashed HARD 4 times before 7am. That took three hours of running around and emails to get it back up and going again.

Oh well I think I just need to go and kill some disney animals soon. Can't wait until I get my taxes I am going to buy a Foxpro Fury and go try kill some yotes with it and my trusty 223. Have to put the AR on hold for now. Going to wait until the market kools off a little.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #16

OK I was sitting here watching the newest episode of Flashpoint. Which was going good until the lovey buvy scene of the two love birds talking about how the chickypoo was raised on the farm. Then it zooms out you see this. I can't believe this crap makes it on to tv. Even my wife (who knows little about guns) noticed it. How can any one do something so stupid and how can some one be so stupid as act in a scene with it.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #17

THANK YOU!!

I was trying to find that picture and don't have the software to be able to rip it from the DVR.

The damn scope is UPSIDE DOWN! Hello, you can't even open the damn bolt because the rear illuminated control is in the way....

The writing was UPSIDE DOWN on the scope - I mean, IT'S WRITTEN ON THE DAMN SIDE!!!!!!

Sweet Jesus this show sucks....

JD

Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The sad thing is that while I agree, I actually kind of enjoyed this episode.

The thing that stuck with me was the loverboy standing out on the rooftop with his shot sweetie taking incoming sniper fire...ever heard of a partner drag?

It's funny how you can enjoy a show that gets stuff wrong as long as they aren't trying to hard. If Flashpoint doesn't want to invest the resources to get it right, they should quit trying so hard and be more like CSI, etc.

"Why can't I quit you?!"

Lets just hope that NBC does a better job with SOUTHLAND.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill