Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rant : sorry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16919 Times on 9805 Posts
Likes Given: 44108

the thing is, it's your pistol and you can ask any price you want, whether it's worth that price or not. a buyer is going to try and haggle you down on the price, that's a given. now whether you want or need to sell, whether you accept their offer is entirely up to you.

personally, if i am trying to sell one of my firearms, i start at replacement value. the price it would cost to replace it if i had to buy it in the first place. i have turned down way more offers than i have ever accepted. but i was not in a position where i had to sell, but was looking to buy something different. many use the old line, "well i can get it for this price from so and so, or they only sell for this price at _________" well go buy it from so and so, or go to ________ and buy it, but mine is this price, and that's the price i'm getting for it.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #12

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Your LGS doesn't want to sell second hand accessories. They are not going to make any money off of them and lose the sale of the new stuff that the new owner would buy in the store. Plus the store has to being it in check it out clean it up lube it after testing it. Then they HAVE to MAKE money off of it. They are in business to MAKE MONEY not give it all away.

Put it all on Gunbroker and Guns America and set the price at $850 to $900 and watch it sale. Put on there key words like Tactical, police model ect.... When many people see that they get all warm and fuzzy and punch the BUY IT NOW button.

Last edited by gunnut07; 08-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #13

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default advice

I have bought /sold/ traded alot of guns in my life ... but I have came to the realization that unless I need to sell said gun for food/housing money ,Im gonna keep it ...I will never sell another gun again ,because I regret it later . a gun is like a car /truck ; a dealer isn't going to give you anything for the extras you added , fancy wheels ,kickass stereo,hi-performance engine mods = night sights ,mags ,trigger jobs , ammo ,holsters etc

Old 08-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #14

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

All of the a**hole ffl's around here are crooked....2500$ ar? Nobody cares whats on it ..ill give you 500$. Nib colt ? 400$ crooked.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #15

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Yea , I just figure 725.00 is a fair price concidering I got just over a grand in it . If I was trying to sell to a FFL < which I'd never do , that's the equivilent of a pawn shop > I could see the mega extreme lowball. But to a private citizen you're getting the complete carry package. You litterally dont have to buy anything except a new bore brush if you dont already have one for a .357 sig/9mm/.38/.357 mag

Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Yea , I just figure 725.00 is a fair price concidering I got just over a grand in it . If I was trying to sell to a FFL < which I'd never do , that's the equivilent of a pawn shop > I could see the mega extreme lowball. But to a private citizen you're getting the complete carry package. You litterally dont have to buy anything except a new bore brush if you dont already have one for a .357 sig/9mm/.38/.357 mag
some people are cheapskates and want to lowball everyone. set your price as firm and don't budge. if they want to continue to lowball, say thank you and have a nice day and end it right there. some of these people don't even have close to the amount you are asking, and figure if they throw a number out, in the amount they do have, you might be desperate to sell at that price.

personally i would start at a higher price. you want $725 and it definately sounds like it's worth that easy, i would ask about $900 and haggle from there.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #17

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
some people are cheapskates and want to lowball everyone. set your price as firm and don't budge. if they want to continue to lowball, say thank you and have a nice day and end it right there. some of these people don't even have close to the amount you are asking, and figure if they throw a number out, in the amount they do have, you might be desperate to sell at that price.

personally i would start at a higher price. you want $725 and it definately sounds like it's worth that easy, i would ask about $900 and haggle from there.
yea the problem is im not getting ANY action @ 725.00 lol

Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
yea the problem is im not getting ANY action @ 725.00 lol
money is probably tight and people might not be able to afford it right now. but i wouldn't take way less, especially since you know what's it worth.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #19

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I sell stuff, the price is usually the price no matter what it is. I may list it high then they haggle me down to what I really think its worth. Alot of times if im selling something, and somebody really lowballs, they dont even get a response from me.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #20
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshooter View Post
When I sell stuff, the price is usually the price no matter what it is. I may list it high then they haggle me down to what I really think its worth. Alot of times if im selling something, and somebody really lowballs, they dont even get a response from me.
exactly my point! i figure if they lowball too low, they are just a serious buyer and anything further is a waste of time. why bother? i figure i have better ways to waste my time.