Rant - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

My priorities are making more money so I can give my daughter a better education than I had. I can't make that kind of money living in the sticks but if I was singke with no kids then I would love to

Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #32
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
It's not like everybody has the means to just pick up and go to a different state JUST because they don't like one law. Some of us have other things keeping us where we are. Family, friends, JOBS, etc. I always found the "If you don't like it, move!" statement a bit silly, like we are all 21 with no attachments, or responsibility.
Frankly, even if NH were to enact gun laws similar to Mass, I probably would not move.
I believe rurak stated he moved here of his own volition and if and when it becomes intolerable (or he comes to his senses) he will do so again nothing silly about that.
Personally I treat the Mass. border like the Berlin wall and stay away from it because whatever is in the water in Mass. seems to corrupt the thought processes and turns normal people into flaming liberals! There is a reason we call them M*******s ask me sometimes and I'll throw my own little rant.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #33

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
I believe rurak stated he moved here of his own volition
Yes, I caught that. But he also stated in the post above that his priority is to make money. For some of us, firearms are a hobby, and we don't have the desire or means to uproot our lives for it.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 497 Times on 333 Posts

Agreed, but a State's firearm laws say a lot about the general level of freedom and opportunity in that State. Plus it may also somewhat dictate your safety in that State. Don't you wonder what would happen in the South side of Chicago if a bunch of those people were allowed to either concealed carry or open carry?

Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #35
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
So here I go ..... my wife and I have a night without our daughter. We planned to go to the range. I've had my eye on a S&W Governor for a while and the range has one in stock. Perfect! We will buy the Governor and they will waive the range fee! Should be an awesome night right????? Think again!!!! The lovely state of Massachusetts enacted a law saying I need a pin # instead of my fingerprint to buy a firearm. Of course the state office is closed that gives you your pin. I never got anything in the mail saying i needed to do anything different. Thanks for ruining my ****ing plans Massachusetts ....... end rant
This in news to me and I don't miss much. You'll need to post a link to the law change.
You were given a pin number when you got your license. You are supposed to keep it on you at all times in the event that finger printing doesn't work. Which happens often, scanners crash, break and sometimes just plain don't work. Some people are supposed to use the pin rather than fingerprints (usually law enforcement or military with special clearance). If this is the case for you, you should have been informed.
It is likely that the range just doesn't use the fingerprint scanner. Many FFLs use the pins for simplicity often times the fingerprint scanner takes multiple tries or the FFL just doesn't know how to set it up.
Unless you can find the link to the law change, you should just assume you were fed a line of BS.
I do understand your aggravation though. You should get used to it. You will have many more aggravating moments revolving around guns and living in the state of Massachusetts.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #36

I was never given a pin #. I got my license 4 years ago. Its not a huge deal but it sure pissed me off saturday night!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I was never given a pin #. I got my license 4 years ago. Its not a huge deal but it sure pissed me off saturday night!
I feel for you. Great gun pick BTW.
If you're in your 4th year you may want to start looking into your renewal, it is seriously taking many people up to a year to get it. My buddy went in 4 months before his birthday. His 90 day grace period is up in a week. He was just told he will be looking at another 3-4 months. That's 3 months of not being able to even take his guns out of his house. Complete BS.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #38

Thanks for the heads up mountainman. I will look into it asap! I got my pin today so the governor will be mine!!!!!!

Last edited by rurak; 09-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #39

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Man I'm glad the only PIN # I need is for my debit card on purchase.
Sounds like Massivetwosh1ts is not a place I would want to visit let alone live. and I thought the Pats was reason enough to not want to go.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #40

It's not THAT bad ....... but its getting there ...... sales tax is 6.25%