Rant - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1330 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 856

The way I understand it; NO mags above 10 rounds, period.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #22

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

The funny thing is I can drive 10 minutes over the NH border and buy all the 30 rounders for my ar and all the 25 rounders for my 10-22 that my bank account can handle. OBVIOUSLY an upstanding citizen of MA like myself would never do that

Old 09-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #23

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
The way I understand it; NO mags above 10 rounds, period.
So if you have a 10 rd mag & you load one in the chamber before locking in a full mag that makes it illegal right.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #24

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

No because you haven't changed the capacity of the magazine. Good question though.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #25

I would agree, that would be OK to do that.

Quote:
The funny thing is I can drive 10 minutes over the NH border and buy all the 30 rounders for my ar and all the 25 rounders for my 10-22 that my bank account can handle. OBVIOUSLY an upstanding citizen of MA like myself would never do that
Ohhhh, that sucks being so close, and yet, so far......

Old 09-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
So here's some of the silly laws:

Ten round capacity in any handgun or rifle (Im not sure if this also applies to shotguns)

No threaded barrels, any attatchment has to be welded.

No bayonet lugs.

This one is my favorite but I don't understand it one bit ........ no adjustable stocks, fixed only!
Do you wanna compete? I think you'll lose to Kalifornia

Always have clean socks.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #27

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Wrong. The Cape, Martha's' Vineyard, Nantucket.
Ah, yes, the good old "not recognizing of the rhetorical

question" ploy, 99.

Well, maybe I'm especially obtuse, clr8ter, but it appears as though

your state legislators aren't being particularly tourist-friendly. It's

OK, I still have WYOMING, and about 42 other states to explore.

(As opposed, of course, to B.O.'s "57" (?) states...)

Last edited by therewolf; 09-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #28

Did not realize your question was rhetorical, therewolf. I'm not sure what being tourist friendly, (or not) is, but either way, I don't really keep track. I don't know, it seems pretty tourist friendly, or at least tolerant, about leaf-peeping time....

Last edited by clr8ter; 09-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2078 Times on 1274 Posts
Likes Given: 11704

Quote:
It's not like everybody has the means to just pick up and go to a different state JUST because they don't like one law. Some of us have other things keeping us where we are. Family, friends, JOBS, etc. I always found the "If you don't like it, move!" statement a bit silly, like we are all 21 with no attachments, or responsibility.
Frankly, even if NH were to enact gun laws similar to Mass, I probably would not move.
Disclaimer: I mean no offense by what follows. I am not trolling, nor trying to start a fight. I am just adding some food for thought to this thread, and one possible reason why some of us are "opoting out" of our current states. IOW, If I offend someone, I am sorry. That was not my intent.

Also, sorry about the rant.

Good point Clr8ter, but you are missing one thing. In most cases it is not just one law. Take the situation with the "SAFE Act" here in NY.

Yes I do have serious problems with the provisions of this blatant attack on the second amendment, but it is not the only reason my family is exiting NY, stage west. Over half of our laws are based on the "needs" of NYC, not the entire state. Our taxes are some of the highest in the nation, so high that in the 23 years I have lived here we have lost close to 250 businesses from my end of my county alone, both large and small, to other states and in some cases, countries. Our bigest export is currently recent college graduates, and the full time jobs have all but vanished in this region of what was once a great state. The solutions our elected "leaders" come up with are almost entirely ineffective in the short term, and totally Effed in the long run. IOW, Rats on a sinking ship.

When it was just one law, the pistol permit requirement for instance, staying is still logical and fairly easy. Pay for the class once, do the paperwork, get you references, go to the clerk for your picture and prints, wait, pay for and pick up your lifetime pistol permit. about $200 later you are good to go. I have had mine since 1998, so it was issued as a lifetime liscence. Under the new law, I have 5 years to turn it in, and get a new 5 year one, and there is no word of any changes to the cost. Why is it that my dad, my uncle, and I are not grandfathered under the new law? This was just one of the things that has made it clear that I need to leave NY ASAP. Don't get me started on how many unconvicted felons I know of due to the "SAFE Act" and it's provisions, while at the same time, our governor enacts a law in NYC decriminalizing small amounts of weed to cut down on prison overcrowding, and to lessen the harassment of "minorities" due to stop and frisk searches. here in the rest of the state, you will still be charged with possesion if there is even a speck of resin on the bottom of your shoe.

See where some of us are coming from? How long would you just stand there and take it if every day the same person walked up to you and pizzed on your shoes? What would happen if one day, he started taking a sh!t on them instead? " Just one law"? It's never just one law.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #30

Liked 978 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Sorry I couldn't live their. Money doesn't mean happiness to me. I can make better money in other states but my life revolves around hunting and fishing with my family. I live were there is a remarkable lack of gun laws. With a CC I can walk into a gun store, and there are 27 within 35 miles of me, and buy 100+ guns with no call in. The 2nd amendment is the most important one because without it the others don't exist. Just my opinion but life is about choices and quality of life. Each of us have different opinions on what that is. Mine is less money in a rural, friendly, beautiful state where freedoms of all kinds are still available. I have not a single regret for living here and laugh at those who compromise there freedoms for money.

USMC 74-78