Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Range Report - Talo Ghost Commander (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/range-report-talo-ghost-commander-23122/)

Dzscubie 02-07-2010 04:27 AM

Range Report - Talo Ghost Commander

4 Attachment(s)
Linda and I went to the range this afternoon to see how my Birthday present would shoot. For those who haven't read the thread my wife, Linda, gave me one of the limited edition Taol Colt Ghost Commander. I have number 42 of 400.

Well here is my range report:

* I started with Federal 230 GR ball to get a basic feel for the weapon. I then shot a few Winchester silver tips in 185 GR, Some Federal hydra-shock and some CCI Blazers in 230 GR ball.

* I shot from 15 Yards utilizing a 8” by 8” Shoot-N-C target mounted on my portable target stand.
(pic 1)

* It was a perfect day, mid 60's, clear, sun out and no clouds. :D

* The second picture is prior to any shooting.

* The third picture is of my first seven (7) rounds.

* The forth picture is of my fat but actually taking the first shot with my Ghost.

The sights on the Ghost Commander are fairly easy to get used to, however, they are different from the sight picture I am used to. The half circle rear sight combined with the fiber optic front sight took a couple of shots to establish how to align the sights. My first two rounds were high center as I tried to put the fiber optic front sight down on the half circle rear sight. My third shot was low center as I attempted to raise the front sight and jerked the trigger. My fourth shot was slightly to the left center and I now felt a little more comfortable with this sight system. My last four rounds were grouped in the center of the target with all 4 in approximately 1-1 ¼ inch square. I then proceeded to shoot the hell out of my Ghost and fell completely in love. The trigger was smooth and crisp with about a 3-4 lb trigger pull, not to light and defiantly not to heavy. I encountered no problems in the 200 rounds I put through her today. All I can say is this is one of the finest handguns I have ever had the privilege to fire, and to own her is something I can’t describe. Linda you are the love of my life and I don’t deserve you, Thank you again.

PS. please excuse my fat, I comes from being saddled behind a desk instead of out on the streets, it's what happens when you get promoted.

skullcrusher 02-07-2010 04:36 AM

Damn, scubie. Damn nice. While I want one, it will eat the budget down to the core. Lucky effer....:D

canebrake 02-07-2010 04:42 AM

Very Nice first time for the Talo!!

I'm glad I will be up range with you ALL the time!

The_Kid 02-07-2010 05:23 AM

Nice shooting; nice hat too! :P

Gojubrian 02-07-2010 05:38 AM

Great report and nice hat, infedel! :)

CA357 02-07-2010 05:47 AM

Good report and a great pistol. :cool:

jca1 03-22-2010 12:24 AM

Nice report. Picked up one of these today, can't wait to shoot it.

Not to hijack, but what is the recommended method of lubing alloy rails? Grease or oil?

Shihan 03-22-2010 12:35 AM

That's good since he gave it last Month. :eek::D

jca1 03-22-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 254307)
That's good since he gave it last Month. :eek::D

I should pay better attention.

IGETEVEN 03-22-2010 02:34 AM

Might I mention the thread is in the wrong section, it should be here Range Report :confused: