Range etiquette - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Range etiquette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dirty Birds are mainly black. a .17 HMR makes a white 3/8ths in dot. Shoot-n-c targets do same thing, but have green at center, then yellow, then red out in the 1-2 rings.

Birchwood Casey USED to do free samples- try this: http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/ContactUs.aspx

You still need a spotter, but it is a LOT easier with these.
Thanks. I'll have to see what spotting scopes I can find.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Depending on the range you're shooting at, tex, I bought an el cheapo from Wal Mart that comes with a tripod and actually works pretty well for about $30.00 a few months back.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Depending on the range you're shooting at, tex, I bought an el cheapo from Wal Mart that comes with a tripod and actually works pretty well for about $30.00 a few months back.
That's well within my price range. As long as it can see 100 yards, I'll be fine. Before I went to the range, I thought it was going to have targets farther out, but it didn't.
lol, at least I know somewhere else I can go to practice taking longer shots. Plus, I'll be able to just ride an ATV out to the target instead of walking.

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8501 Times on 5081 Posts
Likes Given: 11121

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I just started using a new range, and I have a few questions.

1. Is it ok to just leave your target up when you leave? There are no posted rules about this, and everyone seems to do it.

2. When you are done for the day, and want to either get, or see your target (at least 100 yard walk just to get to it), do you call a cease fire, or wait until someone else doe it. (in other words, is it rude to stop everyone from shooting just so you can see your target?) (also know that I am not use to a public range like this)

thanks.
1.) Take your targets down when you are done. I would never leave a target up. Rude.

2.) In my limited experience, it seems a Range Officer calls a cease fire every 15 minutes or so so everyone can review their targets or set up new ones. Otherwise I would announce, "I'm ready for a cease fire if anyone else is." Then see if there might be others so you can coordinate the cease fires and not have everyone calling a cease fire individually.