Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Range alone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Range alone?

Been thinking about hitting the range today since its one of the few nice days we'll have for a while in my area. Only my main issue here is my rifle is kept at my girls place since do to legal reason they can't be kept in my house.

The reason that's an issue is that she's got school today and another course that runs until 8:00ish in the evening. I know someone is saying "well just ask her for the key and lock up when you leave, what's the big deal?" well here it is.....we both live with our parents and only her mom knows about the rifles being there. Stupid, right?

Her mom I don't have an issues with, her dad how ever doesn't seem to like me and I'd have to have them back in her room by 4:00pm since that's usually when he gets home. The problem is, how the crap do I go about asking to get the rifles with out feeling like a dink?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #2

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Been thinking about hitting the range today since its one of the few nice days we'll have for a while in my area. Only my main issue here is my rifle is kept at my girls place since do to legal reason they can't be kept in my house.

The reason that's an issue is that she's got school today and another course that runs until 8:00ish in the evening. I know someone is saying "well just ask her for the key and lock up when you leave, what's the big deal?" well here it is.....we both live with our parents and only her mom knows about the rifles being there. Stupid, right?

Her mom I don't have an issues with, her dad how ever doesn't seem to like me and I'd have to have them back in her room by 4:00pm since that's usually when he gets home. The problem is, how the crap do I go about asking to get the rifles with out feeling like a dink?
Pops already doesn't like you, and you're doing stuff behind his back in his house? Ha...WOW! Big stones there bro!

I'm not judging ya, but I'm not gonna give any suggestions here either, lest it may turn sour for ya.

Good luck Kaido!!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'd say you either call the mother and work it out with her or schedule another time for a day at the range.

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Pops already doesn't like you, and you're doing stuff behind his back in his house? Ha...WOW! Big stones there bro!

I'm not judging ya, but I'm not gonna give any suggestions here either, lest it may turn sour for ya.

Good luck Kaido!!
Haha well I already told the mom that I know he doesn't like me, but even she thinks it's because I'm dating his "baby girl" and no other reason besides that. But if we get busted my first words are going to be "I totally thought your wife told you" and then I'd be off and running. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusterleXD
I'd say you either call the mother and work it out with her or schedule another time for a day at the range.
I was thinking about that, but I have a really weird way of thinking and I don't want my girl taking it as "HA!! I'm at the range and you can't come.....sucker" even though I know she won't. But I might check things out and see how it goes.

My only main issue is that their kept in my girls room and I'm not sure if she locker her door at all.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Sounds like a situation

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #6

Good news!!

I'm goin' shootin'!!
At least if I can get my exam done soon enough I am.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #7

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Good news!!

I'm goin' shootin'!!
At least if I can get my exam done soon enough I am.
Does pops know?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Does pops know?
......that's a no go. I've told my girl so many times that it would make life so much easier if she let him know. I know he can't have an issue with firearms and if he does, it can't be that big because he's military. He also can't have an issue with her and firearms since she was on the rifle team in cadets and he was the RSO. Was just air rifles, but still a "firearm" of sorts.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Invite the dad to go shooting with you. I can show him you are responsible and able to take care of and protect his daughter. And let him outshoot you. But give him competition and let him win. Unless he really sucks.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Based on the advice you seek from this forum, it seems like you're not quite ready for the responsibility that goes along with firearms ownership.