Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #9901
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5702 Times on 3347 Posts
Likes Given: 4866

I would think shooting any caliber rifle over water would get you hassled, maybe a .410 or a 20 guage?

TUESDAY IS IT! If you haven't filed your tax return or requested an extension of time to file your tax return, get it done Tuesday or risk additional fines/fees when you do file. I can't freakin wait for a day off; this weekend i have to replace my motor mounts on the sentra and plan to go plinking too. Between Tuesday and Friday, i will have to work but plan to catch a nap too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 04-16-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #9902

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
500.00 a bird eh ? They seem to be over populated here , seems they would pay us to rid a few of them .
Wonder what they law of the sea stipulates about target practicing off shore ?
Ever tried to hit a mt dew bottle with a .22 while trolling ? Although I dont like taking the guns out in salt water its still challenging .
I dont think it would be an issue if you keep the caliber low and no other boats on the horizon . But they coast guard scares me , anyone running around on a blow up boat with bow mounted weapons system is kinda intimidating , they dont seem to play much
I realy think you should be able to skeet shoot for thoes asian carp.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #9903

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158

I realy think you should be able to skeet shoot for thoes asian carp.
Maybe you can.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2012/02/new-method-deal-asian-carp-could-include-shotguns

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #9904

Liked 860 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Just remember : nothing is illegal until you get caught .
If your in florida you can claim stand your ground . Those carp were coming after me officer .

Got a Volvo sx in a bryant at the shop , outdrive is stuck to drive helmet / per corrosion around the mounting studs . Had to pull everything off together . Needless to say that the bill just jumped astronomically .
Also scored my first pissed off customer for the season ...
Long time customer brought in a little skiff he just bought for a service and minor carburetor repair ...... 6 weeks ago ! Got everything fixed and went to change the gear lube and found it was full of water . Call , get the ok for a re-seal , everything was seized , so one of the main parts had to be shattered to remove.
No biggy , got the serial number off the motor '' 97 yamaha 25hp 4 stroke '' and ordered the parts . Well they had to come from the factory to my dealer then to me . Got everything in and got 99% of it put together and ....... its the wrong parts . After digging around I found the lower unit was off a much much newer motor , that happen to interchange but none of the parts would .
Still waiting for the right parts to get here and boy is the owner pissed .
But what do you do ? I already gave him everything at cost and killed off all the labor but im sure he will still talk $hit at the docks .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #9905
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I would think shooting any caliber rifle over water would get you hassled, maybe a .410 or a 20 guage?

TUESDAY IS IT! If you haven't filed your tax return or requested an extension of time to file your tax return, get it done Tuesday or risk additional fines/fees when you do file. I can't freakin wait for a day off; this weekend i have to replace my motor mounts on the sentra and plan to go plinking too. Between Tuesday and Friday, i will have to work but plan to catch a nap too.
Wanna come figure out what's wrong with my truck when you're finished with your motor mounts

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #9906
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 433 Times on 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Wanna come figure out what's wrong with my truck when you're finished with your motor mounts
I know what's wrong with your truck...I am not sitting on it beside you.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #9907

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I need to trade bedrooms with my parents my bedroom is the hottest room in the house there's is the coldest and I hate the heat and they hate the cold

there's something wrong with the air vents in my house my room gets very little cold air I'm sweating just sitting here

Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #9908
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6159 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 7033

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont View Post
I need to trade bedrooms with my parents my bedroom is the hottest room in the house there's is the coldest and I hate the heat and they hate the cold

there's something wrong with the air vents in my house my room gets very little cold air I'm sweating just sitting here
I don't know about your house.....or houses in general...but in the ductwork in the basement of my house there are 'flaps' that you can open and close to control heating to sections of the house through the main ductwork from the furnace. Not to mention the vents in the rooms themselves. Have you checked them?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #9909
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5702 Times on 3347 Posts
Likes Given: 4866

^^^ WOC, those baffles can be truly baffling to some of us.

LOL @ Cinder; it is not so much because my front mount's giant rubber donut innards are worn out as it is about using these solid plastic (milled prothane?) motor mounts to stiffen up things under the mighty minimotor's acceleration. Between the vibes from the header and what is gonna come from the solid motor mounts, i maaay have to remove that pesky knock sensor, maybe just back it off the block a few inches.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 04-17-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #9910

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah I checked all that. now I'm at my grandparents to mow the yard