Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #9681
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 965 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Ok before i start another thread about this , ill poke around here first .
I am a fan of the arizona / las vegas desert area just past the hoover dam .
BUT I dont know jack about that area . I do know that the next time I go i will fly my guns with me . Every time I go to vegas I spend my time destroying the rental car out in the mountains / desert out by the hoover , Very danderous but damn its fun . Ride for miles and miles and miles on a path to no where , that no one ever goes down is awesome as long as you dont think about hills have eyes.
I would like a place for our anniversary out of vegas . Maybe some dune buggies , a cabin , or four wheelers , I would prefer un-guided , free roam type deal . To ride then stop and shoot / fish / swim ect ect then head back to base would be ideal for me and the old lady . I dont care much for vegas , 100% no hospitality unless your $$$$ .
Dont care for a group thing either or hunting . I pondered a house boat rental in the ozarks but may be too late to reserve one .
I hate being treated like a tourist and getting ripped off . i would haul my own toys out there if it wernt so far .
I was told by the rangers on the AZ side that I could not shoot since it was considered '' park '' but we were 20 miles off road and the rangers had not even been out that far . A motel would be fine , we could hit up a wally world to get grub and supplies for the week , maybe a rental car and just fly back to rdu at weeks end .
blue water like the Bahamas would just piss me off when i had to leave , and God sknows what boat rentals would be . I could spend about 1-1500.00 on this trip and be happy .
Anyone want some guest this summer ? LOL
Areas interested in : Vegas - arizona - MAYBE commyfornia but that would be last resort , must be gun friendly with a population of good ol boys and gals , with acess to some sort of off road vehicle

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #9682

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

My awesome new glock, gotta trick it out a little more to get it where it should be

image-726463022.jpg  

Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #9683

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies
My awesome new glock, gotta trick it out a little more to get it where it should be
Thats great there gecko i think you need to let cane do some of his heat gun magic on that thing

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #9684

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Mobile Marine, o
I would suggest checking into Lake Powell also, but i'm not sure if you could go shooting out there.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #9685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Thats great there gecko i think you need to let cane do some of his heat gun magic on that thing

lol thought someone might appreciate that bad a** tacticool paperweight

Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #9686

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies

lol thought someone might appreciate that bad a** tacticool paperweight
Not even good for a paperweight-to much waste of an m203

Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #9687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Not even good for a paperweight-to much waste of an m203

That's a good point haha

Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #9688

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Ok before i start another thread about this , ill poke around here first .
I am a fan of the arizona / las vegas desert area just past the hoover dam .
BUT I dont know jack about that area . I do know that the next time I go i will fly my guns with me . Every time I go to vegas I spend my time destroying the rental car out in the mountains / desert out by the hoover , Very danderous but damn its fun . Ride for miles and miles and miles on a path to no where , that no one ever goes down is awesome as long as you dont think about hills have eyes.
I would like a place for our anniversary out of vegas . Maybe some dune buggies , a cabin , or four wheelers , I would prefer un-guided , free roam type deal . To ride then stop and shoot / fish / swim ect ect then head back to base would be ideal for me and the old lady . I dont care much for vegas , 100% no hospitality unless your $$$$ .
Dont care for a group thing either or hunting . I pondered a house boat rental in the ozarks but may be too late to reserve one .
I hate being treated like a tourist and getting ripped off . i would haul my own toys out there if it wernt so far .
I was told by the rangers on the AZ side that I could not shoot since it was considered '' park '' but we were 20 miles off road and the rangers had not even been out that far . A motel would be fine , we could hit up a wally world to get grub and supplies for the week , maybe a rental car and just fly back to rdu at weeks end .
blue water like the Bahamas would just piss me off when i had to leave , and God sknows what boat rentals would be . I could spend about 1-1500.00 on this trip and be happy .
Anyone want some guest this summer ? LOL
Areas interested in : Vegas - arizona - MAYBE commyfornia but that would be last resort , must be gun friendly with a population of good ol boys and gals , with acess to some sort of off road vehicle
If you really want to get somewhere special thats close to Las Vegas, hike down Havasu Creek to Beaver falls. The water is a blue that you will rarely see. It has calcium carbonate and looks blue~green. We hiked up from the Colorado River. If you aren't in a raft, you can hike down from the indian resort. The pools at beaver falls have an underwater room, called the green room. Diffently a good day at a great place.
http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/grand-canyon-hiking/detail

Here is something else that looks pretty cool. It wasn't there in 95 when we rafted the Grand Canyon.

http://www.google.com/search?q=grand+canyon+skybridge&hl=en&client=ms-android-samsung&gl=us&source=android-unknown&sky=mrdr&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source= univ&sa=X&ei=xDB-T-3NOYGy8AT329GBDg&ved=0CE8QsAQ

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #9689
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
Mobile Marine, o
I would suggest checking into Lake Powell also, but i'm not sure if you could go shooting out there.
I'd say Powell and Havasu. Both good suggestions. Although without a boat or some type of watercraft you can't really get around Lake Powell.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #9690

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I'd say Powell and Havasu. Both good suggestions. Although without a boat or some type of watercraft you can't really get around Lake Powell.
Lol I totally didn't realize it was on the Utah border.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------