Random Thoughts Thread - Page 966
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #9651
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Nothing you could do bro.
Oh I know, I waited at the hole for about a minuite to see if he stuck back out, that's about the most I could do.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #9652
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8680 Times on 5019 Posts
Likes Given: 11284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
My buddy uses these in his yard to stop coyotes, Aguila 60 gr. .22lr and they drop in their tracks... http://www.cabelas.com/rifle-ammunition-aguila-22-sniper-subsonic-60-ammunition-dry-box-150-500-1.shtml

Im not sure if it will cycle your 10/22, you may have to "manually" operate the bolt... (he has a Marlin 39A he uses)

Sounds like you need some "Ballistic therapy" ..
Just yesterday I fired the Aguila subsonic 60grain in two of my 10/22's. One of them had several FTF/stovepipes but the other one cycled them consistently. I will say that they are dead accurate in my rifles. I was astonished at how accurate they were. shot nothing but targets though.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #9653
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7644 Times on 4593 Posts
Likes Given: 9559

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Im doing so from 30ft up in the crows nest on my deck , thru heavy foliage and trees @ 200yrds , with a healthy fear of the boss system shock wave off that safari . I have hit them with 22 but no affect . Only other round that will bustem is a 12 ga slug or maybe some heavy shot .
Lmao I remember one I wounded and sent the labs after . Well he was in the channel about 5ft deep so they could not hit bottom. THAT GOOSE gave them two labs Tee-Total-Hell , you would see them fighting then all 3 would dissapear for a few seconds then back at it again . I was laughing so hard I was too the point of having unwanted bowel movements . I had to wade out to finish off the bird since the dogs would not recall .

Had a dream last night that I found a bolt action 7.62x39 rifle . That would be sweet little gun
MM, this is a side of you I take note of and I'm disappointed to find this side of you. I would have been horrified to watch the scene you describe here. There was no 'sportsmanship' involved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I took a shot at a gopher today and took most the lower half, before I could chamber another round, he scurried back to his hole since it wasn't to far. I still feel bad about it.
Kaido, there was nothing you could do and I'm sure that gopher died within minutes if the wound was as severe as you say.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #9654
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Any kill on a bear is humane; i don't care if it involves a slow drop into a meat grinder coated with lemon juice or bait meat full of nails.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #9655
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Any kill on a bear is humane; i don't care if it involves a slow drop into a meat grinder coated with lemon juice or bait meat full of nails.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #9656
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

MM, this is a side of you I take note of and I'm disappointed to find this side of you. I would have been horrified to watch the scene you describe here. There was no 'sportsmanship' involved here.

Kaido, there was nothing you could do and I'm sure that gopher died within minutes if the wound was as severe as you say.
Oh I know, I'm just a little weird and wished I was able to take the second shot on the little dude before he went back down. I also figured a .243 in the middle of him would of been enough to cleanly take him out.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #9657

Liked 1193 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 609

Oh Im all for a quick kill , thats why I use the 7 mag now If I had a 50 bmg I would use it . And like I said I waded out into the marshiest , stinkinest , bacteriaiest water in north carolina to finish him off . I could not do a good follow up since the dogs were out there and would not recall . If it make you feel any better Im a catch and release , i dont even gaff them anymore . I also dont take any other animal other than a canadian goose , opossum , muskrat , rats/mice , or a coon . All are dirty and carry nasty stuff . I have not had a issue with any lately other than the geese keeping me up all night , I can do a dozen close shots to shu them away but they are bedded in good down there . And I found out a neighbor up swamp is the one attracting them . Thats fine , i leave the ducks , swans cranes ect alone as they dont bother anything , I actually love ducks but the damn honkers must go . Most anyone with a pond will attest to that . I dont allow any duck hunting and if I see decoys left out , they get shot up and sank . Like i said me and gello hate a mutual hate against a certain animal . If they have babies in tow I give them a pass but If there in the singles clubs then its game on .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #9658

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I gotta ask whats the deal with all the bear hating? Come on man, there's nothing wrong with duck hunting its fun as hell, duck's tasty too if done right with the exception of the fish duck (merganser), those are nasty

Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #9659

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Oh Im all for a quick kill , thats why I use the 7 mag now If I had a 50 bmg I would use it . And like I said I waded out into the marshiest , stinkinest , bacteriaiest water in north carolina to finish him off . I could not do a good follow up since the dogs were out there and would not recall . If it make you feel any better Im a catch and release , i dont even gaff them anymore . I also dont take any other animal other than a canadian goose , opossum , muskrat , rats/mice , or a coon . All are dirty and carry nasty stuff . I have not had a issue with any lately other than the geese keeping me up all night , I can do a dozen close shots to shu them away but they are bedded in good down there . And I found out a neighbor up swamp is the one attracting them . Thats fine , i leave the ducks , swans cranes ect alone as they dont bother anything , I actually love ducks but the damn honkers must go . Most anyone with a pond will attest to that . I dont allow any duck hunting and if I see decoys left out , they get shot up and sank . Like i said me and gello hate a mutual hate against a certain animal . If they have babies in tow I give them a pass but If there in the singles clubs then its game on .
I'd snatch the deecs and sell em on eBay. They are NOT cheap!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #9660
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default I can't handle that........

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If geese mate for life, how can they tell each other apart? Don't they all look exactly the same?
Come on winds, hows your short term memory........When hunters hear that lonesome call from geese that pass for days over the killing grounds........It takes a whole season for the geese to find a new mate..... some never do...........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........