Random Thoughts Thread - Page 964
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #9631
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9853

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
[taking notes & glaring]

Old 04-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #9632

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
That's some cool video. What I noticed is that the Beach Boys relied entirely on their music, not a bunch of gimmicky theatrics on stage like today's bands. That was back when an ugly SOB could be a platinum recording star.
Roy Orbison and Mungo Jerry are prime examples lmao

Its best to find a gal in her early 30's that is getting desperate to settle down with . She prob has already got the drinking and partying out of her system by then and ready to tie the knot and punch out some kids . Ha Kids ,, now there goes your freedom and money for sure

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #9633
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9853

If geese mate for life, how can they tell each other apart? Don't they all look exactly the same?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #9634
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If geese mate for life, how can they tell each other apart? Don't they all look exactly the same?
You mean they might forget who was the male or female? Thats easy... the male is napping all the time and the female never stops honking.
ba-doom chisshh!

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #9635

Liked 810 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont View Post
a ruger 1022 I get it setup now for squirrel and um raccoon hunting I may use it for coyote but I don't know what type of damage it causes on animals it needs to be humane you know what I mean

I kinda feel lonely all the time
not really sure who my real friends are.
God I need to stop thinking about this crap it makes me depressed what's your guys favorite animals
My buddy uses these in his yard to stop coyotes, Aguila 60 gr. .22lr and they drop in their tracks... http://www.cabelas.com/rifle-ammunition-aguila-22-sniper-subsonic-60-ammunition-dry-box-150-500-1.shtml

Im not sure if it will cycle your 10/22, you may have to "manually" operate the bolt... (he has a Marlin 39A he uses)

Sounds like you need some "Ballistic therapy" ..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #9636

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

My buddy uses these in his yard to stop coyotes, Aguila 60 gr. .22lr and they drop in their tracks... http://www.cabelas.com/rifle-ammunition-aguila-22-sniper-subsonic-60-ammunition-dry-box-150-500-1.shtml

Im not sure if it will cycle your 10/22, you may have to "manually" operate the bolt... (he has a Marlin 39A he uses)

Sounds like you need some "Ballistic therapy" ..
Wow that stuff has more .gr than my .223

Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #9637

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Thats hard to tell at my house since all of them have massive exit wounds , well the black and whites ones do I leave the whites ones alone , nothing racist , just annoying . They cant stand that hornady 7mm rm

Its possibly that I hate geese about as much as gello hates bears
Throw ticks in there too , I hate a effing tick worse than anything in this world . I would rather hug obama that to get a tick . Now thats saying somthin

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #9638
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Thats hard to tell at my house since all of them have massive exit wounds , well the black and whites ones do I leave the whites ones alone , nothing racist , just annoying . They cant stand that hornady 7mm rm
I ain't spending that much to kill a bird unless it is like 3 AM & the bird is loud. Have you considered the added challenge of trying to cap one with a muzzle-loading shotgun or perhaps a potato gun?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #9639

Im doing so from 30ft up in the crows nest on my deck , thru heavy foliage and trees @ 200yrds , with a healthy fear of the boss system shock wave off that safari . I have hit them with 22 but no affect . Only other round that will bustem is a 12 ga slug or maybe some heavy shot .
Lmao I remember one I wounded and sent the labs after . Well he was in the channel about 5ft deep so they could not hit bottom. THAT GOOSE gave them two labs Tee-Total-Hell , you would see them fighting then all 3 would dissapear for a few seconds then back at it again . I was laughing so hard I was too the point of having unwanted bowel movements . I had to wade out to finish off the bird since the dogs would not recall .

Had a dream last night that I found a bolt action 7.62x39 rifle . That would be sweet little gun

Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #9640
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Had a dream last night that I found a bolt action 7.62x39 rifle . That would be sweet little gun
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/70993/Savage+10FCM+SCOUT+7.62X39 Price is kinda spooky; hope they add something.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72335/Ruger+77+Hawkeye+Compact+7.62x39+SatinBlue Ruger, do like.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/53830/Rossi+7.62X39MM+Single+Shot+w23%22+Blue+BarrelSynt hetic+Stoc
cheaper option, but not bolt.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.