Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #941
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

its what we do

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #942

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Finally, the forum software caught up to me. Every time I click on the 'new post' button, it takes me something like six pages back into what I've already read. Mostly only when I go to this thread though.

This time, it actually took me to the last page I had been reading.

This is post # 942, btw.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #943

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just joined the Zia Rifle and pistol club, but my key won't open the gate until 04/01. What to do until then?

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #944

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

By the way, that was post 943 and this is 944

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #945

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I would like to render my review of the Cold Steel Kukhri machete now, since I just got back from the E.R.

Not particularly sharp out of the box, but a razor edge with 10 minutes work on an Arkansas stone.

I chop firewood for my in-laws, some of the wood won't come apart sometimes, as it can be fibrous, and the machete whistles through those pesky pieces.

Unfortunately, if you're not careful, it can catch a knot, deflect, and also whistle through your boot, sock, and tendons, as well.

Five stitches, and I have to get a consult next week to determine the extent of damage to my little toe.

I'd like to mention that as much as I like to pick on Lynn Thompson for his silly a$$ed videos to push Cold Steel, I have doubts that even a steel toed boot would have survived.

Not my f*****g week.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #946

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Little toes are useless. Don't need them.

My Mom's best friend was born without bones in her little toes. Sandals were a challenge for her. She eventually got the flaps of skin removed and she does not wear open toed shoes anymore. That's a good thing, she's in her 60's.

I wish I could have bought the AK in Mossy Oak I saw yesterday at the gun store. A little steep for the nearly $1700.00 for the price, but it was nib came with case and 2 mags.

Funny thing about a camo covered utility sport, it looks like a sporting rifle-shroud and all.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #947

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Thats rough man. Hope you dont lose it.

I made the mistake of going to the store with my wife today. I almost snapped at this lesbian couple. They left their cart SIDEWAYS in the MIDDLE of the isle. I walked slowly down the isle, making eye contact so they knew I wanted to get by. They ignored me, so I moved it to the side for them. One of them said in a nagging-old-lady voice, "Don't you steal my purse!" Later on in the store, we ran into them again. This time I was shadowing my year and half old daughter who was tired of being held. The same one had the nerve to tell me, "Don't let her walk on her own because someone could run by and kidnap her."

After checking out, we waited for some guy to rent 4 movies, one for each of his screaming kids, from RedBox. For those of you who aren't familiar with RedBox, its movie vending machine. They have big pictures of all the new movies that are available on the side, kind of like the menu at a fast food joint, so you can chose what you want ahead of time. Apparently we weren't "in the right line" because some ignorant gangster white dude who just bought all the fake "bling" that Walmart was carrying today, jumped in front of us. (You know how idiots don't decide what they want, despite the huge menu you can read from across the store, until the cashier is asking them, "what do you want?" Well this guy puts them all to shame.) He went aaaaaalllll they way through the entire menu of movies, chose his movie, then canceled his order, started over and picked a different movie, came to the screen where it tells you to swipe your card. Turns out he didn't have a card, kicked the machine and classically said, "This is bull****!" I told him to watch his language in front of my daughter. His response was, "**** you. What are you gonna do?!" I took a deep breath, swallowed my pride and said, "Hunny, lets go."

Officer: Tell me again, why did you shoot him 11 times??
Me: I stopped to reload.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #948

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post

I made the mistake of going to the store with my wife today. I almost snapped at this lesbian couple. They left their cart SIDEWAYS in the MIDDLE of the isle. I walked slowly down the isle, making eye contact so they knew I wanted to get by. They ignored me, so I moved it to the side for them. One of them said in a nagging-old-lady voice, "Don't you steal my purse!" Later on in the store, we ran into them again. This time I was shadowing my year and half old daughter who was tired of being held. The same one had the nerve to tell me, "Don't let her walk on her own because someone could run by and kidnap her."

After checking out, we waited for some guy to rent 4 movies, one for each of his screaming kids, from RedBox. For those of you who aren't familiar with RedBox, its movie vending machine. They have big pictures of all the new movies that are available on the side, kind of like the menu at a fast food joint, so you can chose what you want ahead of time. Apparently we weren't "in the right line" because some ignorant gangster white dude who just bought all the fake "bling" that Walmart was carrying today, jumped in front of us. (You know how idiots don't decide what they want, despite the huge menu you can read from across the store, until the cashier is asking them, "what do you want?" Well this guy puts them all to shame.) He went aaaaaalllll they way through the entire menu of movies, chose his movie, then canceled his order, started over and picked a different movie, came to the screen where it tells you to swipe your card. Turns out he didn't have a card, kicked the machine and classically said, "This is bull****!" I told him to watch his language in front of my daughter. His response was, "**** you. What are you gonna do?!" I took a deep breath, swallowed my pride and said, "Hunny, lets go."

Wow, that sucks. Proud of you though, I would have lost it.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #949

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Me I would tell him to watch his mouth then when he went to open it again I would muther effing smack him right in the kisser. As he lye on hte floor either out cold or bleeding from his mouth profusly. I would just say he tried to tounch my wife. When he called the cop.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #950
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post

Thanks for the laugh! I had to go to wally world today, you made that trip seem easy!