Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #9401
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Okay I have a question for yah I am right handed but my good eye is my left eye does this mean I should shoot with my left eye and left hand or should I stick with the right hand

Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #9402

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont
Okay I have a question for yah I am right handed but my good eye is my left eye does this mean I should shoot with my left eye and left hand or should I stick with the right hand
Stick to shotguns, trying to figure that out gave me a headache. Good luck partner, I'm just being a smartazz. I am interested in what is said.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #9403
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

And if they sold a fiberoptic system to move the optic's eyepiece to your eye, instead of you moving your eye to the eyepiece, it wouldn't matter at all. Why they don't yet, i have no idea.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #9404

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont View Post
I am the same way only shoot lefty and right eye dominant, I have always shot lefty since playing with toy guns as a kid, I always closed my right eye, a few years ago I made the conscious effort to use both eyes while shooting at all times and I found I was hitting moving targets with far more consistency, now it is natural to keep both eyes open for me. Many guys will say you should switch to shooting the side of the dominant eye but I never did and I can still shoot well enough to suit me. I found out I was cross eye dominant when I was 14 and went to get a bow at the archery shop, so they told me it was a good idea to use a right handed bow, I did and it was a little weird at first but now I'm used to it, I say if you are used to shooting and able to shoot well the way you are doing it, I wouldn't change, for someone new who hasn't had years of practice and developed skills, I'd say go to the side of the dominant eye.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #9405

Liked 1037 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 538

There is not a sexier machine than the B-17 . Just to sit at the stick and make airplane noises would make me die a happy man

There is not many animals that agree with a 7mm rem mag , and when its a gas system , it make for a sweet , hot round . Major hearing protection required , specially with a boss hanging off the end .
I played sniper this afternoon in the barn after bleaching the whole house and decks , Got out the Safari to shoot my 4th round ever out of it and needless to say the 20-30lb pest needed no follow up shot . Just wish I could get to it to see the damage . Stupid black labs are worthless .
Also broke the pull rope on the power washer POS! After I had sprayed the bleach , go figure , why would my luck be any different ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #9406
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Also broke the pull rope on the power washer POS! After I had sprayed the bleach , go figure , why would my luck be any different ?
At least it wasn't an electric model; you would've blacked out the county frying yourself while cursing the dog barking at you.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #9407

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
At least it wasn't an electric model; you would've blacked out the county frying yourself while cursing the dog barking at you.
That would suck....kinda like what was said bout you and a bear cub over on the trophies thread gello

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #9408
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
That would suck....kinda like what was said bout you and a bear cub over on the trophies thread gello

I still say BRING ON THE BEAR CUB; i need a bathroom-sized rug too.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #9409

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Leave the head on huh? That way you can stomp it after every shower?? Go and look it up and youll see what i mean

Old 03-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #9410

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:

Polar bears on discovery channel gello

NEVER FORGET