Random Thoughts Thread - Page 930
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #9291
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Did I overstep my boundaries?
Boundaries?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #9292
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Boundaries?
Yeah, Vikingdad. Some of us have boundaries.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #9293
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Sometimes when I'm at an indoor range I get this urge to shoot other people's targets. I haven't done it and I don't think I will but I think a little devilish part of me thinks it would be funny to put a hole in a target that isn't mine. And then pretend I don't know where that shot came from. I've heard others on here say their target has been hit by someone in the lane next to them. I haven't ever seen that happen yet. How can someone miss so bad that they don't even hit their own target?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #9294

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I've done it ... although the shooter next to me asked if I would. They were having trouble hitting there target at the 100yd mark. Asked if I wouldn't mind so I did ... put all 30rds into the 4" ring

Guess they were having an off day

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #9295

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Yea ... I busted the target beside mine at the turkey shoot one time , caught hell for it too .

Got a disagreement at home : The wife wants to get my 2yo daughters ear pierced . I left with the answer of that would be a very bad idea for you to go off and get it done against me agreeing to it . I firmly believe it should be her decision at a MUCH later date , like when she is 20 and living on her own , I dont even want her nails painted . My cousin had her 4month old ears done and I think it looks crazy . Kids are not accessories to pimp up . Thats whats guns and harleys are for .
What do you guys and gals think ? Pretty sure if I come home and see bling in my little girls ears , they are coming out and into the pond .

Another thought : Guys , do you ever run into an old flame that now has kids and you start doing the math ? lmao !

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #9296
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Yea ... I busted the target beside mine at the turkey shoot one time , caught hell for it too .

Got a disagreement at home : The wife wants to get my 2yo daughters ear pierced . I left with the answer of that would be a very bad idea for you to go off and get it done against me agreeing to it . I firmly believe it should be her decision at a MUCH later date , like when she is 20 and living on her own , I dont even want her nails painted . My cousin had her 4month old ears done and I think it looks crazy . Kids are not accessories to pimp up . Thats whats guns and harleys are for .
What do you guys and gals think ? Pretty sure if I come home and see bling in my little girls ears , they are coming out and into the pond .

Another thought : Guys , do you ever run into an old flame that now has kids and you start doing the math ? lmao !

I'm "older" and I agree, I think little girls should just be little girls. They will have those earrings ripped out of their ears numerous times just being rambunctious kids. I didn't let my daughter pierce hers until she was 12. I think our children grow up too fast and end up having nothing to look forward to at too young an age. What my generation did at 15, kids nowadays are doing at 8. I think it's unnerving to see a very young child looking freakishly adult. Pierced ears, makeup (at least colored lip gloss) by the time they are 9 or so. It just isn't right. No wonder our kids are having sex by the time they are 14. They've already done everything else usually reserved for grownups.

MM, show your wife my post. But, then again, my kids are always telling me how old fashioned I am. *shrugs*

Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #9297

Well the wife is tatted up already , I dont care for tats but im not against them .
Wife is also a big time nail girl . Im more for natural looks but to each his own , just not my kids

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #9298
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well the wife is tatted up already , I dont care for tats but im not against them .
Wife is also a big time nail girl . Im more for natural looks but to each his own , just not my kids
How did tats get into this conversation? I thought we were discussing pierced ears on young children? Makes no difference if your wife is tatted or not.

By the way, I have no tattoos nor do I get manicures.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #9299

Well its showing how she is in a way . she sees nothing wrong with it and thinks age does not come into play . For one madison and her twin brother leave nothing alone or untouched , cant even keep a bandaid on them or diaper on on her , we have to DUCT TAPE .... her diaper so she cant take it off . Imagine earings , if they dont swallow or choke on them I will be the first to step on one. Wife thinks its cute for little girls to have them but when I saw my cousins girl the other day my mouth just dropped open like wow .... you did that . Grandpa did not think much of it either . Now she will run around with a fake bead necklace and a purse but thats fine , I know she is just playing . Its getting to the point where she sees moma doing it , she wants to do it too . My son could careless as long as he gets to sit on the harley or play with 37mm launcher .
I have told the wife time after time not to worry about her nails or whatever but I always get a snippy reply .

Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #9300
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Little girls with makeup and earrings? I hear Pedobear likes that.