Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #9161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I prefer to buy used (within a couple years) from a private seller, these dealers up here rip you so bad it isn't even funny. I recently found a Ford Escape 2010 in a suburb of Detroit for 12900, that same suv at a dealership here would have been listed at 20000, you MIGHT walk off a lot with it at 18500. Its terrible, they won't even work with you anymore, they say "nope, this is the best price on that vehicle we can't come down on it" then they show you other examples of dealers which are charging slightly more than them. I say the hell with them, they won't be getting a dime from me, I even had one guy tell me I was lying about closeout prices at a differnet dealership when I informed him I could get the same truck for 3000 less elsewhere.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #9162
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7728 Times on 4461 Posts
Likes Given: 9975

If I can't pay for it up front in cash I won't buy it. One exception is improvements on the house but even that I will pay off long before I have to. I bought my 2001 Super Duty and had enough cash to pay for it on the barrelhead. Ford was giving 3 years of 3% financing, so I used that and invested the cash and made money on the deal. Paid it off in 3 years. Still driving the truck today. Pay cash up front and you will have no worries in the future, not only that but you get what you pay for rather than paying many times what it is worth.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #9163

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
If I can't pay for it up front in cash I won't buy it. One exception is improvements on the house but even that I will pay off long before I have to. I bought my 2001 Super Duty and had enough cash to pay for it on the barrelhead. Ford was giving 3 years of 3% financing, so I used that and invested the cash and made money on the deal. Paid it off in 3 years. Still driving the truck today. Pay cash up front and you will have no worries in the future, not only that but you get what you pay for rather than paying many times what it is worth.
^^^^^^^^ sound advice as any posted on this forum that I have read.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #9164

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
I prefer to buy used (within a couple years) from a private seller, these dealers up here rip you so bad it isn't even funny. I recently found a Ford Escape 2010 in a suburb of Detroit for 12900, that same suv at a dealership here would have been listed at 20000, you MIGHT walk off a lot with it at 18500. Its terrible, they won't even work with you anymore, they say "nope, this is the best price on that vehicle we can't come down on it" then they show you other examples of dealers which are charging slightly more than them. I say the hell with them, they won't be getting a dime from me, I even had one guy tell me I was lying about closeout prices at a differnet dealership when I informed him I could get the same truck for 3000 less elsewhere.
They won't work with you because somebody will walk in and take the deal.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #9165

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
7.3 ? please dont tell me you have one of the super duty with a v-10 or triton . kinda like buying a kimber 1911 in a .22

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #9166

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

I have come to realize that babies and kids are suicidal . Always climbing on tall things . They try to eat lighters and batteries . If there is a cracker beside a bottle of poison they will pick up the poison . And what is the deal with drawers ?????????? They can have a a whole room full of new toys but would rather plunder the junk drawer . My kids have figured out how to really piss mom and dad off at 6am . They will lay infront of their bedroom door and steady kick it ... non stop . boom boom boom boom boom . the poor dogs even get up and go outside . And when they get quite or start talking to each other .... watch out !
They are up to no good or doing somthing they should not be doing . My son killed my cheddar biscuit this morning form hardees , I turned back around and that sucker was gone ! Left me with the batch full of undercooked mushy hashbrowns

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #9167
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I have come to realize that babies and kids are suicidal . Always climbing on tall things . They try to eat lighters and batteries . If there is a cracker beside a bottle of poison they will pick up the poison . And what is the deal with drawers ?????????? They can have a a whole room full of new toys but would rather plunder the junk drawer . My kids have figured out how to really piss mom and dad off at 6am . They will lay infront of their bedroom door and steady kick it ... non stop . boom boom boom boom boom . the poor dogs even get up and go outside . And when they get quite or start talking to each other .... watch out !
They are up to no good or doing somthing they should not be doing . My son killed my cheddar biscuit this morning form hardees , I turned back around and that sucker was gone ! Left me with the batch full of undercooked mushy hashbrowns
MM, you had the luck of the draw to have twins. My kids are all about 3 years apart but I have noticed people who have twins or kids very close together have a harder time. One kid at a time is much easier than two at once. It just seems like they get into more trouble when there are two close together in age. But I agree, having and raising children has taught me humility and how to handle not having anything to call my own (and what I did have was often broken). You can now understand how excited I have to have found some new found freedom after raising three children as a single parent. Watch out, World, I have a lot of making up to do in the way of fun! Hang in there, MM. It gets much better after 20 years or so. If I lived closer I'd babysit for you once in a while.

Now that my kids are grown and gone and I'm having a lot of fun my kids think I have lost my mind. I used to be so strict and proper. I am now doing things neither they nor I could have imagined me doing. They are seeing a side of their Mama that was put on the back burner for many years. Hahaha.........

Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #9168

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My boy just broke both sets of my glasses. Brand new : mad:

Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #9169

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84
That sucks man!

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #9170

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84
Thats what you get for lettin him be around ropin-he gets clumsy and deatructive

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did