Random Thoughts Thread - Page 87
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #861
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb11b View Post
OMG I am so effin sick. Attachment 1764
What's going on here? Man, get well, McNabb!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #862

Where is Opaww? Did I miss something?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #863

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Where is Opaww? Did I miss something?
Opaww is on walkabout again. Said he would be gone a couple weeks, but I think that time should be about up. He should be back by this weekend I would imagine.

We might need to send out the search party for him, he might have gotten himself thrown into one of those FEMA Death Camps I keep hearing about for protesting too much.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #864

Liked 1432 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Is an international declaration of guilt (it's our fault) by a sitting SoS an act of treason?

We certainly have a $hit-load of witnesses to this treasonous act!

From Wikipedia,

In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. Historically, treason also covered the murder of specific social superiors, such as the murder of a husband by his wife (treason against the king was known as high treason and treason against a lesser superior was petit treason). A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavor.

In Dante Alighieri's Inferno, the lowest circles of Hell are reserved for traitors; Judas, who betrayed Jesus, suffers the worst torments of all. His treachery is in fact so notorious that his name has long been synonymous with traitor, a fate he shares with Benedict Arnold, Marcus Junius Brutus, and Vidkun Quisling. Indeed, the etymology of the word traitor originates with Judas' handing over of Jesus to the Roman authorities: the word is derived from the Latin traditorem which means "one who delivers."

United States

To avoid the abuses of the English law (including executions by Henry VIII of those who criticized his repeated marriages), treason was specifically defined in the United States Constitution, the only crime so defined. Article III Section 3 delineates treason as follows:
Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

However, Congress has, at times, passed statutes creating related offenses which undermine the government or the national security, such as sedition in the 1798 Alien and Sedition Acts, or espionage and sedition in the 1917 Espionage Act, which do not require the testimony of two witnesses and have a much broader definition than Article Three treason. For example, some well-known spies have been convicted of espionage rather than treason.
The Constitution does not itself create the offense; it only restricts the definition and permits Congress to create the offense. The crime is prohibited by legislation passed by Congress. Therefore the United States Code at 18 U.S.C. § 2381 states "whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States." The requirement of testimony of two witnesses was inherited from the British Treason Act 1695 (Since 1945, however, this has been abolished in British law and treason cases are now subject to the same rules of evidence and procedure as a murder trial).

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #865

Liked 1432 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Today in 1794, the U.S. Congress authorized the construction of six frigates, including USS Constitution, which is still in active service for the U.S. Navy.

They did not cost $1.2 Trillion!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #866

Dante's Inferno? Someone got a Kindle for Christmas.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #867

What's with the influx of lunatic newbs lately? Do we have a "You're only here to post one time and stir up s#!t filter"?

Old 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
What's with the influx of lunatic newbs lately? Do we have a "You're only here to post one time and stir up s#!t filter"?
You are talking about Alexw777 I presume. Yeah, just handed that guy his ass and banned his "alter ego".

With the Left in power, we have to expect it. We have had a TON of lurkers and "new members" since a few months before the election.

Too bad none of them have the marbles to come out and openly discuss their plans.....

JD

Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #869

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You are talking about Alexw777 I presume. Yeah, just handed that guy his ass and banned his "alter ego".

With the Left in power, we have to expect it. We have had a TON of lurkers and "new members" since a few months before the election.

Too bad none of them have the marbles to come out and openly discuss their plans.....

JD

did I miss somthing good? Whos Alex777 what thread? Take a night off to watch a Laker game and all the good stuff goes by.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
did I miss somthing good? Whos Alex777 what thread? Take a night off to watch a Laker game and all the good stuff goes by.
Here you go:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/tougher-gun-legislation-required-11737/index2.html#post87725

It's TROLL-TASTIC....

JD