Random Thoughts Thread - Page 863
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #8621
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Thinking of storing the 56' in favor of a 78 CJ 5 that is in very rough shape , basiclly body , frame and axles , 14 bolt out back and 10 bolt up front . I have the 383 gm out of the 56' on the stand and a sm465 4spd trans on the floor . I also have the 98 z71 i could rob the running gear out of the donate to the jeep . The jeep is 300.00 bucks , by the price you can imagine the shape its in . BUT
its a cj , what dont they make for them ? vrs a 56 new yorker , what DO they make for it ?
That sounds like a good project. I have always wanted to strip a new totaled car and dump everything from the eng controls abs and cluster into an old chassis but maintain the technology from a new car like the efi, abs, antitheft ect ect. I think that would be cool.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #8622
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 39

UHHH sitting here in a hotel in the free republic of massachusetts and bored out of my mind.. Four days of Ford school and nothing to do I cant even go to the gun stores and fondle ammo with out a mass permit or some ****. Thank god for FTF

Old 02-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #8623
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
UHHH sitting here in a hotel in the free republic of massachusetts and bored out of my mind.. Four days of Ford school and nothing to do I cant even go to the gun stores and fondle ammo with out a mass permit or some ****. Thank god for FTF
Are there any ranges nearby? When I worked for Honda I would bring guns when I went on training and go shooting at the range nearby. Then again it was a good idea to bring guns given that my training was just outside of Stockton CA. Once had a bank robbery happen net door to the hotel I was staying in. They shot and killed the robber at the front door to the bank. I always kept my guns in my truck when at training after that.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #8624

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

aint the rocky statue nearby in pa ? wife keeps buggin me to go see it

This is what happens when you dont keep a check on the oil in the chain case on your bobcat for the past 10 years .... Kiss you axle bearings , seals , chains and money goodbye not to mention a good solid 3-4 days getting everything back in shape .
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 02-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #8625

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My little girl has made me watch "Tangled" with her every night for almost 2 weeks. Why am I so powerless when it comes to cute blonds? First her mother talked me into getting hitched, now this...

Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #8626

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1037

Those Bobcats can be a real PITA to fix...

Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #8627

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1037

I bet some of the ladies could identify with this....

Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #8628
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8764 Times on 5237 Posts
Likes Given: 11637

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
My little girl has made me watch "Tangled" with her every night for almost 2 weeks. Why am I so powerless when it comes to cute blonds? First her mother talked me into getting hitched, now this...
Because you are a smart man. "Tangled" is a very cute movie. But every night for almost 2 weeks, I think it would lose some of it's charm. I saw it with my daughter and granddaughter and we really liked it.

I don't need a gun. Just give me a cast iron skillet. LOL

Old 02-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #8629

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Because you are a smart man. "Tangled" is a very cute movie. But every night for almost 2 weeks, I think it would lose some of it's charm. I saw it with my daughter and granddaughter and we really liked it.

I don't need a gun. Just give me a cast iron skillet. LOL
She just turned 2 and has discovered princesses. It's the only video we have for her that I can stand. The horse cracks me up though.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #8630
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4461 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool
My best friend wanted me to watch Twilight with him last night... I'm seriously concerned.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.