You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #8591
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1438 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 700

Quote:
All though my "bad fortune" is not nearly as bad as yours, I just found out that this is my last week at work... Yay for job hunting.
Boat work is dead right now but as much as i despise doing it I have been pulling in about 500-1k a week hauling scrap from the quarry and just picking up junk/trash from here at the shop . If not for the dump trailer and bobcat it would almost not be worth it .
debating on buying a tommy gun or a 1200 kit for the harley with the tax money.
if there is enough left over after these stupid little medical bills . What is the tax credit for kids these days ? I have 2 of the little snot lickers

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #8592

Liked 1969 Times on 1035 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

ktm...I'm very sorry for your loss, when it rains it pours I suppose. Keep your head up, things WILL get better...sadly, speaking from experience.

MM...Great little story, ALL dogs go to Heaven!!

pagj...nothing's ever easy is it? But I guess if it were, it would'nt be worth it. Best of luck to you with the job search!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #8593
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10460 Times on 6242 Posts
Likes Given: 15317

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
All though my "bad fortune" is not nearly as bad as yours, I just found out that this is my last week at work... Yay for job hunting.
Pagj, the job I have now, the best job I've EVER had, I got after being laid off from my other job of 16 years due to budget cuts. I was only working part time so I was the only one they could let go. They couldn't do without the other two techs who were full timers. I'm hoping something much better will come along for you as it did for me. Best of luck to you, my friend.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #8594
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

You can make some money selling scrap metal. A dump trailer makes it easier and more profitable. Sort the stuff out and you can make more. They pay about .25 a pound for electric motors but they pay 3 or 4 dollars for copper. I get $2.10 for my spent cartridge brass.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #8595
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You can make some money selling scrap metal. A dump trailer makes it easier and more profitable. Sort the stuff out and you can make more. They pay about .25 a pound for electric motors but they pay 3 or 4 dollars for copper. I get $2.10 for my spent cartridge brass.
Seriously? You can recycle the spent cartridge brass? I'll have to look into that. I save mine but with the intent on giving it to someone who reloads. May just want to recycle it.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #8596

Liked 216 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I can't wait to apply for the various Police Departments in Utah, but none of them are hiring, and federal agencies want you corrupted with a bachelors degree

Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #8597
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The future....

when I get up in the AM There are three things I do......Turn on the computer, read the o bitch uary, and if my name is not on it I go to fTf......Thats to make sure I'm really not DEAD........

Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #8598

Liked 1438 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 700

Going to build a wall in the corner where the tv is and recess the tv in it along with some other recessed cubbies to put junk in , maybe a small door to get behind it and work on the wires and stuff when needed . Best parts is Both kids are still kinda sick and incredibly pissy and throwing tantrums all weekend . ANNNNNNDD ,,,,,, the ceiling is not flat , I think its what they call vaulted ? Goes up to a peak in the middle of the room , and the floor in that corner is a raised brick deal . Look for some pictures of the upcoming disaster .
Just 2x4s and some sheetrock ,,,,, how hard can it be ????

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #8599
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemarine View Post
just 2x4s and some sheetrock ,,,,, how hard can it be ????:d
rofl!

That's exactly what I said when I decided to 'just paint the overhead garage door' many years ago. It can't be that hard of a job. Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #8600

Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Seriously? You can recycle the spent cartridge brass? I'll have to look into that. I save mine but with the intent on giving it to someone who reloads. May just want to recycle it.
The last time we drove out to our local shooting pit. There was a guy with a bucket just picking up brass and BSing with the shooters. That wasnt strange. The strange part was that there was snow on the ground and he was wearing a t-shirt, picking through the snow with his bare hands. He was also missing several teeth. nice enough guy though. Said he brought in over a hundred a month just at that quarry.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson