Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #8491
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 102 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Lets see, we have had a walmart refer truck roll over , family dollar truck run thru a restaurant , smithfields bbq truck roll over , mulch truck , gravel trucks... just a few that benefited in more ways than one . The wally world truck was the best , hell we lived off that stuff for almost a year . Next best was the dollar general but i gave all of the diapers away .............. just before we found out we were having twins . No beer trucks yet but then again im not a beer drinker.
Now a cigarette truck would be great but im sure dept of ag would be on top of that one or the dept of rev
Smithfield bbq truck is one thing...one of their pig trucks wrecked down the road from their plant once and caught on fire. The pigs that survived ran away and the local fire department had people chasing them around. Can you imagine people running after hogs on the golf course? Those are some BIG pigs!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #8492

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Tahoes have been good to me .. just replace or rebuild the limited slip rear end before it grenades , while your back there put in a GM FUEL PUMP not autozone . After you spend 125.00 for tune up parts go ahead and pull the intake and do lower plenum gaskets before it fill the crankcase full of water and wipes out the bearings . The 4l60e transmission may last till 100k or it may last 200k ..... thats the great surprise , never knowing when its going to throw the towel in. Other than those few little things there fine .
The by far toughest car/truck I have ever owned is a nissan hardbody d21 pickup and the pathfinders 87.5 up to late 90's ? with manual trans only .
nissan 92' LB efi v6 reg cab , put in a 383 gm and sold it , new owner totaled it
nissan 87.5 Sb reg cab z24 8 plug 4cly , was auto , converted to 5spd , died and crushed
nissan 94 sb ext cab 4cly , that one was a pos and would not pull a greasy string out of a frogs ass , sold to a mexican
nissan pathfinder 89 tbi v6 4x4 2 door , toughest one out of all of them , had rocks holding down the injectors sold
nissan altima 5spd , would burn down 2nd and catch 3rd but had been severly wrecked and had hole by the drivers seat in the floor to throw trash out of , the LR quarter panel was loose and would flop going down the road eventually got depressed from driving it around and parked it then crushed it
nissan sentra , great lil car but sold it
Mighty max pos , crushed
mazda b2200 biggest pos cut up by fd for practice
2 or 3 toyota camerys 90-93 , great cars , sold or killed
96 tahoe 4 door , 1st one ever but died during my wild days and sold it for parts
tahoe #2 98 4 door got t boned right after doing all that tahoes need to keep going
tahoe #3 2003 4 door loaded and still doing fine
had a 98 eddie bower v8 exploder that we tore all to pieces , killed #1 pistons and sold it still running for 800.00
91 ford f350 4 door single rear wheel long bed 7.3 with 350k and still clean and strong
94 f 150 ext cab 2x4 v-8 , that was good truck , had a engine fire and got parted
98 z71 extcab , beater but runs great
56' chrysler new yorker '' play toy ''
89 harley davidson sportster 4spd 1200 '' fast play toy''
84 toyota 4x4 capital POS , it slung a rod bearing right in the yard , it had 38in super swampers and cab only . I put a 350 chevy in it and sold it right after
05 honda rancher 350 es 4x4
07 yamaha grizzly 700
03 yamaha bigbear 4x4 ' best one '
atvs are cheaper and easier to fix after a drunken weekend playing in the mud
if they break just put them on the trailer , dont have to get 2 big trucks to tow you back to the road then get the rollback like you do on 4x4 trucks no tags , no insurance dont have the leo's chasing you around town for bumper height or other stupid stuff like that

Before yall bash me about so many cars , understand we own a towing yard so we come by alot of lightly wrecked car/trucks or abandoned , dui's , impounds ect ect . Most of those I had had been wrecked but I was wild and would take anything off road , most did not survive . Taking a bit better care of what I have now, also I have also never paid more than 1500.00 for a car/truck except for the 92 nissan truck , paid 3 for that one . Most we just got titles for and tagged until sold or killed . right now I have the
z71 - 03 tahoe - f350 - the 56' and the sportster , well the 56 is in restoration again ... until i stop buying guns and buy stuff to get her back up again .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 01-24-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #8493
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yeah those prices should be the other way around, but diesel has had such a bum rep and so much legislation has just eaten it up.

Dodge now makes a uria set up, something having to do with emissions. Putting piss in fuel. Great.
It's that low sulfur highway stuff "green diesel" as in diesel without red dye in it...

And Dodge isn't the only one that has DEF it's any diesel 2011 and newer, what I hate are those damn DPFs that tractors have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
You gotta know walmart , he just dont sell to anyone , dont know if he sells ammo but he may can hook you up with one of those warm firearms . He was sad when he rolled his truck .
Anyone close to raleigh come get some oranges , tangerines and grapefruits . serious now come on .
What's there to be sad about, it's just a freightliner tell him we'll sell him a good used white and orange one if he wants..... Because we sure want to be rid of it. We hid it in the back of our lot....

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #8494
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
... Because we sure want to be rid of it. We hid it in the back of our lot....
Shouldn't it be up front if you want to sell it? Maybe a flashy arrow sign that says "Rescued 'liner needs home", maybe with some sarah mclaughlin music?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #8495
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Shouldn't it be up front if you want to sell it? Maybe a flashy arrow sign that says "Rescued 'liner needs home", maybe with some sarah mclaughlin music?
No. A thousand times no, we're a bit ashamed of it. It's our redheaded step-child freightshaker... And I can say that because I happen to be a redheaded step-child. But I'm a smokin' hot redhead, the freightliner is not.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #8496
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
No. A thousand times no, we're a bit ashamed of it. It's our redheaded step-child freightshaker... And I can say that because I happen to be a redheaded step-child. But I'm a smokin' hot redhead, the freightliner is not.
Put it facing the side road or road behind the shop with a LARGE "For Sale" sign, kinda off by itself, like it is on a different lot.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #8497

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 703

.... ....

Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #8498

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

The newer super duties have a bad problem with the new low sulfur fuel eating the lining out of the fuel tanks and trashing the fuel system , not covered under warranty either . My shop mate is a super duty mechanic , fuel tanks , egr coolers , oil coolers , oil pumps and head gaskets everywhere ! Mainly the 6.0s.
good thing my ol girl is mechanical injection non turbo no cats , after i change the oil i can burn it in the fuel tank
I cant say i hate the new ethanol blended gas either , it has fouled up many a marine engine and outboard and can account for 80% of my business income and repairs . It will continue to be a problem , hell i even have to deal with it on my boats and shop equipment .
Shell has the best fuel around here
wilco hess is ...... ok
Bp i think is using the oil they scooped up out of the gulf , by far the worst fuel out there . The harley will run like hell with BP 93 , shell 93 makes it scream
Did you know high octane burns cooler than regular ?

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #8499

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Scratch, I said about the same thing after my last Ford but ended up finding a great deal on a Dodge. The Dakota was almost entirely trouble-free. Then i picked up a used Prizm/Corolla on the cheap from a buddy; that was a GREAT little car, reliable as gravity and wonderful MPG's. After the Prizm, i thought to myself "import FOR SURE" and picked up a Nissan Sentra for a little more zip. THEN I started reading about this little engine problem with Nissan's 2.5 liter engines. After removing a troublesome exhaust manifold, the car has been wonderful, peppy, great-handling, and good fuel economy.

Whatever brand or model you find that you want, don't buy it until you spend at least a few days reading about what current owners complain about in their forum. Had i done that, i still would have bought the car, but i would have been able to negotiate a lower price and perhaps some warranty extension. I would also have had the dealership install the header for me.

I was very happy with my dealings with the Dobbs auto people.
I agree with doing research. I did that with 96+ 4x4 Blazers. The biggest problem with those is the wiring & I'm starting to think the qualification of that job is breathing. I'm glad GM doesn't wire houses or else I'd be posting more on lanterns. I've owned my share of imports & I can safely say they've been the least troublesome, my Ranger was almost as reliable after a couple starters. I've heard some pretty good reviews of Dobbs but I can't bare toting another note.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #8500
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I want a 1911 chambered in 45ACP.