Random Thoughts Thread - Page 848
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #8471
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3272 Times on 1814 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
DAMN IT ! Gran Torino should be in the dictionary under the finest american film made ! That movie never gets old

After 14 years I finally finished Saving Private Ryan without falling asleep . damn good film

Other note : 8:30 this morning pops calls me with exciting news that a tractor trailer has rolled over and its full ....... was full of oranges coming out of florida.
Never knew how heavy a few oranges were , almost destroyed my lil 6x10 trailer hauling a few loads back to the shop . But it sure does smell good up there ..... for now until the rain lets up and the flippin temp gets above 34

Ill post some pics tomar
I don't see how you find that news exciting.... Maybe it's just me but trucks rolling over scares the hell out of me.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #8472

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I don't see how you find that news exciting.... Maybe it's just me but trucks rolling over scares the hell out of me.
Well as long as no one got hurt...

Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #8473
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dad- some years back, was the OPFOR (opposing force) for a military unit in a field exercise. Due to bad tasking, we were short of bad guys. At night, prepositioned 3 boom box cassette players in different sectors beyond their perimeter- different lead times on tapes.

Started concert at 2 am- sounds of armored vehicles, getting louder. Voices and military commands. Followed by bagpipes. This was building up over 7 minutes. Then I fired ONE round of blank ammo.

Defenders fired ALL of their ammo in the next 60 seconds. Me? Laying in a hole with a thermos of coffee, listening. Yeah, it WILL spook you.
Cassettes? Boom boxes? Tapes? Sounds like a hundred years ago or perhaps the past century. I don't doubt it given your input here but damn! I would like to know the details!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #8474
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1384

Matter of fact, it WAS last century!

Wait til you have grandkids- and they climb into your lap, and ask "Grandpa, did you have dinosaurs in the 1900's?"

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #8475

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

By exciting , i was being very sarcastic . In reality we love big wrecks , they bring in big big money , I myself am fixin to write a rather heafty bill for them for the use of my trucks , trailers , help and dingo , not to mention it was cold and snotty all day , thats worth about 500.00 right there . But just to be proper , we only like them when people dont get hurt . And I may charge hazmat for the few hundred gallons of diesel fuel im going to pull out today , only problem is , i have to put it in my trucks so its not a liability sitting around Will be nice since diesel is right at 4.00 a gallon right now , but regular is 3.25 WTF!!!

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #8476
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

do they still make the cheap OJ out of whats scraped off the highway?

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #8477

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah those prices should be the other way around, but diesel has had such a bum rep and so much legislation has just eaten it up.

Dodge now makes a uria set up, something having to do with emissions. Putting piss in fuel. Great.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #8478
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will never forget when the beer truck turned over in the local highway S-curve, the one right beside the public housing project. The first people there did check on the driver before beginning the unloading process; the driver wasn't badly injured but didn't want to be moved IIRC. By the time the city, county, and highway patrols and police had arrived, the intact beer had been removed from the scene.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #8479

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Lets see, we have had a walmart refer truck roll over , family dollar truck run thru a restaurant , smithfields bbq truck roll over , mulch truck , gravel trucks... just a few that benefited in more ways than one . The wally world truck was the best , hell we lived off that stuff for almost a year . Next best was the dollar general but i gave all of the diapers away .............. just before we found out we were having twins . No beer trucks yet but then again im not a beer drinker.
Now a cigarette truck would be great but im sure dept of ag would be on top of that one or the dept of rev

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #8480
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Walmart sells reefer? No wonder the damn lines get so long. I gotta go get me some...bullets; yes, off to get me some ammunition.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.