Random Thoughts Thread - Page 838
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #8371
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

nothing a few good spankings wont cure
Lol at first I thought you were saying that to Cinder Made me crack up

Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #8372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Right.... I believe that, unless you're a total pushover when it comes to your little girl like my Dad
I'll say no, but I'm shaking my head yes..! The part that kills me is that she had me pegged by about age 3 I think...Hahaha...

Last edited by ANGRYcanary; 01-18-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #8373
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Any clues as to how to get my twins to sleep on a bed ? 21months old and my little boy repelled down the crib in the morning , now both are doing it so i cut off the legs on the crib and removed the rails but they just wont stay laying down .... First night like this so hoping they will learn quick
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE OTHER POSTS!!!!

You can raise very well disciplined children without spanking them (or, as Orangello implies, caging them) but you have to start now.

With both of my boys I would get up in the middle of the night (generally around midnight to 3:00 AM) and I would walk around holding them until they were asleep again. The absolute second that my butt hit the rocking chair (I figured I could rock them and rest at the same time) they would wake up and so I would have to walk them again. That's what you do when they are that age. They outgrow it.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #8374

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE OTHER POSTS!!!!

You can raise very well disciplined children without spanking them (or, as Orangello implies, caging them) but you have to start now.

With both of my boys I would get up in the middle of the night (generally around midnight to 3:00 AM) and I would walk around holding them until they were asleep again. The absolute second that my butt hit the rocking chair (I figured I could rock them and rest at the same time) they would wake up and so I would have to walk them again. That's what you do when they are that age. They outgrow it.
Amen to that. Not saying im 100% against spankings...but at least save them for something warranted like when they're biting and kicking each other.

Then again I'm 22 with no kids...so what do I know.

Edit: I was never spanked as a child. And a grew up very well mannered.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #8375
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8798 Times on 5253 Posts
Likes Given: 11663

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
nothing a few good spankings wont cure
I politely disagree.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #8376

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

Amen to that. Not saying im 100% against spankings...but at least save them for something warranted like when they're biting and kicking each other.

Then again I'm 22 with no kids...so what do I know.

Edit: I was never spanked as a child. And a grew up very well mannered.
22 with no kids, but sound advice I think. Coming from a father. I take belt to my kid's butt, but there are some things that don't warrant that, like not sleeping. I did the same thing mobile marine is talking about, luckily I only had to deal with one though.

By the way, he didn't start getting the belt until he got too big to get my point when I used my hand.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #8377

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

SHOT is amazing...

Old 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #8378

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Man ol man its been a rough past few nights . Im thinking they dont feel secure since the rails are gone . Last night lil man let loose about right in the middle of justified so i go in there and start holding him and getting him back to sleep , my little girl rolls over and does 2 barrel rolls of the bed , a whole 2 inches to the floor , LMFAO . So I had to get her calmed back down , eventually both went back to sleep long enough for me to finish my show , by the time i hit the sack they let loose again but I let them cry it out and they quickly went back to sleep . THIS MORNING ..... I could hear them playing in their room , I open the door and they have destroyed the place. We even bolted the furniture to the walls and they still ripped it out .
And yes we do wear some ass's out , he like to climb up to our new 55in plasma and hit it , no amount of ass whippins has taught him yet , and yes he knows what he is doing , they both do . Just the terrible twos I guess . Next up ...
Potty training
I am a firm believer in spankins , I got em growing up and I see my friends who got them and those who did not . Those who did not get them grew up disrespectful . They have gotten to the point where if they dont want somthing they will knock it out of your hand or take it and throw it , they have also slapped us a time or two but that got nipped in the bud real quick .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #8379

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The biggest offenses in my book, willful disobedience, backtalking, and biting. Those three get immediate butt whippings, no questions, reasoning with the child, or warning. Explanation comes after the fact. Some consider that too harsh, but it works. My kid is still a little arrogant know it all though.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #8380

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Anyone tried logging onto craigslist lately? This anti-piracy crap is serious.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Last edited by Scratchammo; 01-18-2012 at 04:48 PM.