Random Thoughts Thread - Page 832
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #8311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
everoblivion2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: middletown,OH
Posts: 50
Default

So every time I get online to look at service schedualing for my 2006 Chevy Aveo all I find are horrible reviews and stories about them. I must have the golden child of Aveos. It just ticked over to 100000 and all I've replaced is a battery, spark plugs and the cam position sensor (tune up). The tranny even ran dry for about 20 miles when I ran over a metal strip in the road that knocked off the trans fluid plug. Replaced the plug and fluid without missing a beat. So while I agree that the driving characteristics suck... I don't mind a maitenence free car that gets 30-40 mpg!

__________________
everoblivion2005 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #8312
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,545
Liked 1138 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 585

Default

For all of our Moms who are no longer here

__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.


Last edited by MobileMarine; 01-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #8313
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,222
Liked 3380 Times on 1885 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by everoblivion2005
So every time I get online to look at service schedualing for my 2006 Chevy Aveo all I find are horrible reviews and stories about them. I must have the golden child of Aveos. It just ticked over to 100000 and all I've replaced is a battery, spark plugs and the cam position sensor (tune up). The tranny even ran dry for about 20 miles when I ran over a metal strip in the road that knocked off the trans fluid plug. Replaced the plug and fluid without missing a beat. So while I agree that the driving characteristics suck... I don't mind a maitenence free car that gets 30-40 mpg!
In my personal opinion GM makes the best automatic transmissions.... Random-ish thought for the night.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #8314
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I don't really care much for GM, but I kinda have to agree.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #8315
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

In my personal opinion GM makes the best automatic transmissions.... Random-ish thought for the night.
I would be inclined to agree with you
I loooooooove my GM.
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #8316
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Making the best auto tranny is like dropping the least smelly deuce, IMO.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #8317
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Making the best auto tranny is like dropping the least smelly deuce, IMO.
Maybe so, but if you want to help me convert my suburban to a four(or 6 ) speed tranny, preferably with the $$$$$ required... I'm into donations
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #8318
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,545
Liked 1138 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 585

Default

Only thing worse than a gm 4l60e is the gm 10 bolt limited slip rear end and the fuel pumps on the tahoes and trucks .I have owned my fair share and seeing as we own a repair shop those few things keeps us busy .
Aveos DO NOT wreck pretty at all . I drove my 92 nissan pickup I had back in the day from Rock hill sc back to Raleigh with less than a tea cup of oil . It lived another 2 years before it gave in to my driving habbits . Then I built a 383 chevy and put in it then traded it for my 56

Btw , I shot a mouse under my tv stand this morning with .22 rat shot . Not as messy as I thought it would be , No real damage from the shot either as far as dry wall goes . I hate mice and rats worse than orangello hates bears , after i got him i threw him in the toilet then took a big ......... well you get the point , I really really REALLY hate them

pic of the nissan truck i was building

__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.


Last edited by MobileMarine; 01-15-2012 at 01:23 AM.
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #8319
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,222
Liked 3380 Times on 1885 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Making the best auto tranny is like dropping the least smelly deuce, IMO.
I dislike autos, I took the auto out of my car and a manual in it, I dislike them that much. I'm just saying that if I were going to have a car with an auto in it, it would be a GM...
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #8320
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,222
Liked 3380 Times on 1885 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Only thing worse than a gm 4l60e is the gm 10 bolt limited slip rear end and the fuel pumps on the tahoes and trucks .I have owned my fair share and seeing as we own a repair shop those few things keeps us busy .
Aveos DO NOT wreck pretty at all . I drove my 92 nissan pickup I had back in the day from Rock hill sc back to Raleigh with less than a tea cup of oil . It lived another 2 years before it gave in to my driving habbits . Then I built a 383 chevy and put in it then traded it for my 56

Btw , I shot a mouse under my tv stand this morning with .22 rat shot . Not as messy as I thought it would be , No real damage from the shot either as far as dry wall goes . I hate mice and rats worse than orangello hates bears , after i got him i threw him in the toilet then took a big ......... well you get the point , I really really REALLY hate them

pic of the nissan truck i was building
My Mom has a 99 Suburban I've replaced the fuel pump in three times, I'll admit there are some things that they've screwed up on; but then, which car company hasn't done something just absolutely stupid from time to time?
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM