Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM   #7811
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Today was another good day at the range. Ran 300 rounds of 45 acp and 100 rounds of 9mm. My reloads functioned flawlessly. I am happy.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #7812

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
Today was another good day at the range. Ran 300 rounds of 45 acp and 100 rounds of 9mm. My reloads functioned flawlessly. I am happy.
Awesomeness

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #7813

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I would love to learn to learn how to reload. How did you get started?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #7814
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I would love to learn to learn how to reload. How did you get started?
I was lucky enough to have a friend teach me a lot about the basics and even allow me to come over and help him load a bunch of 9mm, 40 S&W, 45acp, 223, 308.

After a few times of helping him and learning i bought myself a RCBS single stage press and a bunch of supplies. It wasn't cheap, but i didn't spend anything ridiculous and it was worth every penny.

I watched a lot of videos on you tube, read the ABC's of reloading Very helpful book. I recommend buying it if you are interested in reloading. Check on amazon you can get them very cheap. I paid like 8 bucks for a barely used copy.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #7815

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Will do thanks for the info. Lord knows it would save me a lot of money on ammo in the long run.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 AM   #7816
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7385 Times on 4273 Posts
Likes Given: 9507

The savings in reloading is marginal, but you can build your accuracy to levels that will amaze you.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #7817
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 433 Times on 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Well I wasn't sure, that's why I asked. I know the LT1 and LT4 had a distributor, but I wasn't sure if the LS motors were distributorless or not, I haven't had much experience with them. I think GM calls the distributor an Opti-spark and I've never really figured out EXACTLY how it works... From what I understand, it runs off the front of the cam and it has a slotted disc in it and then a laser (I think it may be a Hall Effect Sensor I could be wrong though) reads the pulses from the slots in the disc and runs the timing of the spark... Know what I do know? They're mounted behind the water pump. GRRRRRR!!

And there is nothing wrong with Distributorless ignitions and lil computer boxes, or fuel injection.
Quote:
Variable Valve timing and ported fuel injection, we have the technology. It doesn't sound as cool but it's BRILLIANT!!!
Quote:
That surprises me I thought they would have used some sort of Variable Valve timing. I guess none of the LS or LT motors had vvt? At least as far as I know? So that makes sense. Do they still you use the same type of distributor as the other LS motors
*********, ok, I feel better.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #7818
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5682 Times on 3336 Posts
Likes Given: 4821

Quote:
And there is nothing wrong with Distributorless ignitions and lil computer boxes, or fuel injection.
Apparently, the people at NASCAR agree; i saw a bit about the 2012 car (misted up a bit). NASCAR takes 'really big step' with fuel injection - Oct 19, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #7819

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I'm amazed at the amount of second amendment supporters here in Memphis. I thought I was the only one that packs a piece at work but I found out my boss, the laser operator, a die maker, the courier, & even the lady at the front desk do as well!

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #7820
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5682 Times on 3336 Posts
Likes Given: 4821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I'm amazed at the amount of second amendment supporters here in Memphis. I thought I was the only one that packs a piece at work but I found out my boss, the laser operator, a die maker, the courier, & even the lady at the front desk do as well!
It's Memphis, not the safest place in the world to live. Heck, i had a roomate who owned more tye-die than Phish, and even he asked me to show him how the ole Mossy pump12 worked. I really enjoyed living there, myself. Sometimes i wondered if the truly, deeply stupid were being killed off at a higher rate than others, like modern evolution. I never had any serious safety concerns; i guess i didn't have much worth taking.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p