Random Thoughts Thread - Page 752
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #7511
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
That's because they have enough BS to deal with in regards to their nuclear program and don't need this imbecile giving the activists a reason to go crazy. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't feel guilty in the slightest for being born and raised in the greatest country on the planet.

Just sayin'
I see no reason to be guilty of it. I'm quite proud to be an American.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #7512
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
They rejected his apology.
At least they have some freakin' civic pride.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #7513
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
If you're not a Newsmax reader, our traitor in chief just apologized to the Japs for America's retaliation against them in WWII. Maybe he should switch sides so he can apologize to us.
Seriously?! It was war!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
This nipplehead has GOT to be getting close to breaking Carter's record for apologizing by now.
Lol...I googled 'Obama apologizes' to see if I could find this story and it pulled up a TON of different articles of him apologizing to different people.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #7514
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
Lol...I googled 'Obama apologizes' to see if I could find this story and it pulled up a TON of different articles of him apologizing to different people.
When will he get around to apologizing to the American people for the sorry ass job he has "done"?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #7515
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Default I told him he shouldn't do it.......

One of my co-workers is now interested in guns after listening to me go on and on about mine. He is a young(er) veteran and decided he wants to buy a gun. Well, he has NOT applied for his FOID card yet, which is what you need to have to buy and own a firearm in Illinois. But he says he has his Dad's "single shot .22 rifle" in his garage and he's going to take it to the local forest preserves.....within city limits......and shoot it. I told him that was illegal on several different levels and he said "No one's going to find out. I'm going to go early in the morning when no one is there." I told him not to do it, not only could he hurt someone but if he gets caught he may never be able to own a firearm again. He said "No one's going to catch me. I'll let you know how it goes." It's raining this morning so he won't do it today but someday in the very near future, this otherwise intelligent man is going to take his gun to the forest preserves and shoot it.

Not only that, I have offered many times to take him shooting at the range, where it's legal and you know no one is behind what you're shooting at, but he's always too busy to go.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #7516
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
One of my co-workers is now interested in guns after listening to me go on and on about mine. He is a young(er) veteran and decided he wants to buy a gun. Well, he has NOT applied for his FOID card yet, which is what you need to have to buy and own a firearm in Illinois. But he says he has his Dad's "single shot .22 rifle" in his garage and he's going to take it to the local forest preserves.....within city limits......and shoot it. I told him that was illegal on several different levels and he said "No one's going to find out. I'm going to go early in the morning when no one is there." I told him not to do it, not only could he hurt someone but if he gets caught he may never be able to own a firearm again. He said "No one's going to catch me. I'll let you know how it goes." It's raining this morning so he won't do it today but someday in the very near future, this otherwise intelligent man is going to take his gun to the forest preserves and shoot it.

Not only that, I have offered many times to take him shooting at the range, where it's legal and you know no one is behind what you're shooting at, but he's always too busy to go.
Ignorance has its own rewards. They are not generally fun.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #7517
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

OK, I know there have been rumors of some light-in-the-loafers Tallywhackos, but this is just funny as heck, IMO. (no offense to any good, honest, American 'mo's, more women for the rest of us )

Thomas Dworzak's Taliban photo essay - Very Short List

" Therefore it was a pleasant surprise to discover Thomas Dworzak’s fantastic series of brightly colored, found photographs of Taliban fighters striking effeminate poses — some holding flowers and wearing enough black eyeliner to make a glam rocker proud. The boys and men had Afghan passport photographers make the portraits clandestinely in the late Taliban era, flouting strictures against figurative representation, then abandoned them when they fled the 2001 U.S.-led invasion. Dworzak found the photographs in a studio near his hotel in Kandahar."

Magnumphotos

Magnumphotos

Magnumphotos

Magnumphotos

I haven't seen that much mascara since the 1980's.

Not judgin', just LOLing, ROFLing, and almost LMAOSMP.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #7518
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Why is it that young people, who have their entire lives ahead of them, always drive like they've slit an artery and the nearest hospital is fifty miles away, but the really old, who calculate their remaining time with a stop watch, drive like they have another sixty years left on this ball of dirt?
Perspective. I didn't realize how fast time went by till I had children.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #7519
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Yup, summer is forever when you are eight years old. Of course, at that point that summer is about 1/24th of your total life experience, so it is a relatively longer, more important period of time for the kid. For an older person, summer is relatively the blink of an eye; they have had 50 or 60 or more summers, and each succesive one is a smaller slice of their life.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/squirrel-creates-explosion%2C-thousands-without-power?hpt=us_bn6
Tree-rat terrorists; i hope his thirteen virgins are all sewer rats.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #7520
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I think it's because you're so old you've forgotten how to have fun

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.