Random Thoughts Thread - Page 748
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #7471
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Why isn't there bulk .22 WMR? Is it because the awesomeness factor would be immeasurable?
I have wondered the same; i think it has to do with the lack of firearms chambered in .22WMR with higher-capacity magazines (other than that PMR pistol thing).

22 Magnum 40 Grain JHP BVAC - 500 Rounds - Surplus Ammo
BVAC 500rounds

Solid Point : Ammunition To Go These guys have some 250's & 500's, but no real "steals".

If they chambered a WASR in .22mag, i'd bet we would see bulkier bulk packs and better deals.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #7472

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have wondered the same; i think it has to do with the lack of firearms chambered in .22WMR with higher-capacity magazines (other than that PMR pistol thing).

22 Magnum 40 Grain JHP BVAC - 500 Rounds - Surplus Ammo
BVAC 500rounds

Solid Point : Ammunition To Go These guys have some 250's & 500's, but no real "steals".

If they chambered a WASR in .22mag, i'd bet we would see bulkier bulk packs and better deals.
Thanks for the links. I have a Heritage that I can't shoot enough.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #7473

So I respond to an ad on craigslist about a 3000GT. He says this thing is immaculate & I take his word for it. I show up to find the timing belt is laying to the side, one cam won't turn, it's covered in tree sap, & there are cigarette ashes dumped on the console. This guy gets upset because I don't want to tow the pos home. If you're gonna sell something that you ragged out at least make it look like you maintained it.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #7474
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Thanks for the links. I have a Heritage that I can't shoot enough.
I got the ugliest Rossi copy of a Winchester pump .22mag (model 62, i bleve) that can be imagined. I still can't decide whether to try to repair/de-ugly it, completely disassemble and sink it in a creek, or to sell it. I don't think i could sell something this ugly without catching some bad kharma. I mean, this thing is horrific: unmatching possibly home-made forestock, extremely faded bluing all over (least it matches), and severe scuffage from some idiot mounting a scope in a seriously moronic way (think dremel). I think i may just fill in the scuffage with some solder or something & spray-paint the ugly lil thing & use it for a take-downable, bugoutbag-only, critter getter.

I was surprised at the limited .22mag selection at the local Wallyworld, myself.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #7475
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Got my Dad a pair of overalls (bibs) for his birthday supper on Sunday. The only non-insulated overalls in "town" were some Carhart's at a local building supply place. I tried them on to see if they were close; Dad is now a bit shorter and wider than me (about 2" each way). I am gonna have to order me some of these; i haven't had overalls in a while and miss the comfort. Dad liked them quite a bit.

Growing up, i mostly saw Dad in suits (busy PA), so overalls are almost a novelty for him.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #7476

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm not gonna read this entire thread lookin'!
Anyways, I've always wondered: why do all mouthwash, cleansers, etc. only kill 99.9% of bacteria and/or viruses? Is this like job security or something?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #7477
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm not gonna read this entire thread lookin'!
Anyways, I've always wondered: why do all mouthwash, cleansers, etc. only kill 99.9% of bacteria and/or viruses? Is this like job security or something?
What about the 0.1% they don't kill? Will that kill me?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #7478
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

There are some good bacteria...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 AM   #7479

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl

What about the 0.1% they don't kill? Will that kill me?
Well, if you apply the "that which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"principle, then this bacteria its now stronger and pissed off

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #7480

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I got the ugliest Rossi copy of a Winchester pump .22mag (model 62, i bleve) that can be imagined. I still can't decide whether to try to repair/de-ugly it, completely disassemble and sink it in a creek, or to sell it. I don't think i could sell something this ugly without catching some bad kharma. I mean, this thing is horrific: unmatching possibly home-made forestock, extremely faded bluing all over (least it matches), and severe scuffage from some idiot mounting a scope in a seriously moronic way (think dremel). I think i may just fill in the scuffage with some solder or something & spray-paint the ugly lil thing & use it for a take-downable, bugoutbag-only, critter getter.

I was surprised at the limited .22mag selection at the local Wallyworld, myself.
Maybe it'll start gaining popularity like the .410 did when the Judge came out. I figure filling the same size box with mags & charging the same price would make sense. You'd have fewer rounds of course but twice the über factor