Random Thoughts Thread - Page 733
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #7321
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

OK, I looked it up on the referenced website. Yeah, all of that and far more than you can possibly imagine. You should see the dungeon bed display (this is a vendor DungeonBeds:::::Built Tough to Play Hard - DungeonBeds.com). Pretty elaborate stuff. Plenty of people trying out the display models on site.

This year they had something new, a petting zoo. That was just too frigging weird. They were having problems with the rescue dogs booth. Apparently some of the dogs are not crate trained and they were not behaving, crapping all over the place and eating their own **** (or at least appearing to). Here's the clincher. They were people acting like dogs. The whole "petting zoo" was populated with people acting, harnessed and painted (not dressed) like animals. I kid you not.

Maybe you are better off not knowing. I have seen it. Take my word for it. You can't handle the truth. I have a very difficult time handling it myself.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #7322
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11541

@pagj17

What is the topic?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #7323
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

It's analyzing the communication relationship between Bryan and Kim in Taken. I'm going to head to bed early and do more of it tomorrow, I've got it broken down for writing, but I just basically seperated out my notes into prewriting and now I've built the base. I just need to organize my ideas and write now. I'm going to focus on the PTSD aspects, as There's latelybeen a lot of research into it, and especially with Bryan, it's touched upon in the movie(notice how he leaves the birthday party rapidly, and is anti social)yet when his "battle buddies" show up at his house, he's connected?
Oh and the movie's taken btw sir. (Editops, you can see why I stopped writing:P)
Lol that's what I thought. It's pretty famous among CEOs haha.
I can't remember the story but when my grandfather was a State Policeman he had a situation like that.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Last edited by pagj17; 09-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #7324
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I have... 3 days to get a four page paper written. I think it's gonna be a taco bell nifht, lol
That's nothing man; knock it out & review it in the morning.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #7325
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That's nothing man; knock it out & review it in the morning.
I agree. I just had a 12 page political science paper due. Now talk about painful

On a better note, i can't wait to get some powder and primers sunday so i can load up my first batch of 45 acp, 243 and '06

Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #7326
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Kids.Woot® : One Day, You'll Understand

Anybody else have a kick-n-go as a kid? I'm considering ordering one, but i'm pretty sure i would be over the weight limit nowadays.

The lil smoker they had on the other page is neat too, but it doesn't bring back any childhood memories, maybe some teen memories.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #7327
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3759 Times on 2085 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
I agree. I just had a 12 page political science paper due. Now talk about painful

On a better note, i can't wait to get some powder and primers sunday so i can load up my first batch of 45 acp, 243 and '06
The best thing about science classes is you very rarely have to write any papers.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #7328
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
The best thing about science classes is you very rarely have to write any papers.
Also the playing with burners was fun.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #7329
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9832

RANT

Okay, I am a Chicago White Sox fan. Ozzie Guillen was let out of his contract. Reinsdorf loves Ozzie as a son but Kenny Williams, the White Sox GM, does NOT like Ozzie. Ozzie likes to coach winning teams and Kenny keeps bringing in 'bad' players. Ozzie asked to either have an extension on his contract or to be let out of his current one. Reinsdorf gives Ozzie what he wants and sets him free to go to the Marlins. Now that Ozzie's gone, the hitting coach and the bench coach stepped down, too.

Ozzie is a very colorful character who I really liked. He's an excellent coach and even though he had a habit of getting kicked out of games, he loved and respected his players. When the team won, Ozzie rarely went out on the field to celebrate because he said HE didn't win, the players won and he let them have their celebration. I think Reinsdorf should have let Kenny Williams go and kept Ozzie. Losing Ozzie is a terrible loss for the White Sox and an incredible gain for the Marlins.

I'm going to miss Ozzie here in Chicago very much. I think the White Sox team is going to suffer losing him. But I like him enough to say "Good luck in Florida". Keep you eye on the Marlins in the next 3-4 years or so. I think you will see good things happening there.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 09-28-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #7330
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Anybody here ever try one of those Soda Stream-type contraptions to make your own carbonated soda at home?

For that matter, what is the difference between "seltzer water" and "soda water"? Anybody?