Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #7291
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8306 Times on 3589 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Well, taking a break from packing- flight to Cortez CO in the early AM. Sitting here somewhat bemused. Was out with the Anarchist-in-training picking up some school supplies. Reposing on the desk is a calculator.

Yesrs back, sitting for one of my professional exams, I bought a Texas Instruments TI-50 Stat. Do not recall the exact price, but it was substantial enough to make you take care of where you left it, how it was carried, etc. Was NOT cheap.

The calculator I am looking at sitting on my desk is a 56 function scientific calculator that we bought today. Basic math, algebra, geometry, statistics, trig. I think the damn thing will make coffee and serve as an alarm clock, plot the movement of the constellations in the sky, and act as a spotter on the 500 meter firing line.

It was one dollar.

I'm gonna go pack. Maybe I can fit my aluminum walker in my carry on bag.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 AM   #7292
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2876 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I would say darn but that's a good thing we don't want you getting kidnapped.
That depends on who's doing the kidnapping... But definitely NOT by that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
plot the movement of the constellations in the sky
There's an app for that....

My institute teacher was talking about his Commodore 64 on Tuesday... 64 BITS of information? On a computer? I can't imagine what you could possibly do with a computer that can only store 64 bits of information...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 09-25-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 AM   #7293

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

A Commodore 64 was a 8-bit computer that stored 64 kilobytes of information.... May not be much but it was better than the apples of the time.

Dont get me stared on old electronics.. Anybody remember the 3DO? I loved that thing!!

How 'bout the briefcase sized cell phone?

Last edited by Trez; 09-25-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 AM   #7294
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
A Commodore 64 was a 8-bit computer that stored 64 kilobytes of information.... May not be much but it was better than the apples of the time.

Dont get me stared on old electronics.. Anybody remember the 3DO? I loved that thing!!

How 'bout the briefcase sized cell phone?

Retro Commercial - Radio Shack Cell Phones - 1990 - YouTube
Good to know, he said 64 bits, I'd never heard of one until he said that. The oldest thing I have is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) which is awesome...

Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #7295

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

That depends on who's doing the kidnapping... But definitely NOT by that guy.
Sticks and stones, eh?
Quote:
There's an app for that....

My institute teacher was talking about his Commodore 64 on Tuesday... 64 BITS of information? On a computer? I can't imagine what you could possibly do with a computer that can only store 64 bits of information...
Haha good skymaps does it, and uses an accelerometer and gps to show you where the stuff is.
Hell, didn't Apollo 13 only have 300 something KBs of memory?
Oh and C3, while a scientific calculator won't actually spot for you, it can give you a firing solution by calculating parabolas:P

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 AM   #7296

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Good to know, he said 64 bits, I'd never heard of one until he said that. The oldest thing I have is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) which is awesome...
Wow my inner nerd shows when I realize that not everyone nows about that stuff:/

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #7297
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My parents discovered high speed internet about a year ago... And wireless this year.... As I was hooking up their wireless router my dad was watching and asking questions like, so I can print from my lap top without hooking it up to the printer now? I told him "Welcome to the 21st century Dad" For once I knew something he didn't, it was awesome.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM   #7298

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Ok, im started...
The 3DO was one of the first CD video game systems but it was suppose to be the "next VCR" and more of a entertainment system like a PS3 but in '93. It played games, had interactive software (like a atlas, encyclopedias, childrens learning software, etc.), and even played VCD's (they even had XXX titles ). Unlike most systems 3DO was interested in the games and allowed other companys to manufacture the system. Mine was a Panasonic, but Goldstar and Sanyo made them as well, there even was a 3DO blaster card you put into your computer so you could use the 3DO software.. But the $700 price tag killed the system though....

Old 09-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #7299
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2611 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

I had a basic computer that I increased the RAM from 8Kb to 16Kb. Storage was done on casette tape. The monitor was the living room TV.

I also remember saying "A 20Mb hard drive? I'll never be able to use that much space."

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #7300
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1714 Times on 1238 Posts
Likes Given: 1960

Default Whats what.............

How can we explain to the IDIOTS that run this country that guns are not assualt rifles or shot guns for that matter!!!!! Lets put pen to paper... As an example, A women was assualted by a man holding a screw driver, Was it the screw driver that assualted the women or the man......I'm so effin confused because I carry a sh$t load of assualt weapons in my truck...... Take away the human factor an there is no assualt weapon......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........