Random Thoughts Thread - Page 727
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #7261
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Well if you want to be all positive about it, I was thinking violence towards someone. I was thinking like someone in the relationship is violent towards someone else in the relationship. See where I jumped the tracks?

Utah isn't a bad place, our firearm laws are quite awesome (not as awesome as Wyoming but still awesome) I ride my dirt bike from the end of April until the end of November, rock climb and hike in some of the coolest canyons you can find, Wakeboard all summer, and snowboard all winter. The only problem is being Mormon in Utah can be rough, you get a lot of people who can be really judgemental.
That will give me an excuse to actually go boarding this year, I haven't been since the beginning of the 09 season, I'm not really that great... If you come in January I'll teach you how to snowboard on ice, if you can snowboard on ice you can snowboard on anything.
Did I mention the firearm laws=Awesome the only place you can't carry a gun in this state is a Mormon church, federal property or anywhere that has a posted sign stating firearms aren't allowed.
Yeah... the whole body purity thing didn't do my uncle much good when bone cancer wracked his body. Of course his sister didn't help either with the whole "oooh your wife's just callin' ya home " shtuff. :P Kidding though, as i wish I could kick the caffeine but not yet:/
You need more than a dirt bike!

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #7262
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8095 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 10452

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That really sounds quite interesting.
If I don't find something interesting every time I visit the hives I think I will give it up. They are one of the most fascinating organisms, I use that word because the whole colony is a living organism and the individual bee is nothing without the collective, it will die on its own. Even though I have to move my hives around to get maximum advantage of the blooms, I always keep at least one hive here at the house just to have that powerful life-force nearby. Good for the soul. Plus there is walking nearby the hive you get this warm, sweet smell that cannot be described.

I am mentoring a neighbor gal and the other day my son and I were up at her place going through her hive with her and suddenly there was a "change in the force", I asked her if she felt it and she had to think a second but she did and almost missed it. I would have missed it myself if it hadn't have been for her, what with me being the mentor and all I need to notice these things and communicate them to her. If it had been just my son and me I may have just ignored it. That is what I mean by interesting. Hard to put it into words so an outsider can understand.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #7263
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If I don't find something interesting every time I visit the hives I think I will give it up. They are one of the most fascinating organisms, I use that word because the whole colony is a living organism and the individual bee is nothing without the collective, it will die on its own. Even though I have to move my hives around to get maximum advantage of the blooms, I always keep at least one hive here at the house just to have that powerful life-force nearby. Good for the soul. Plus there is walking nearby the hive you get this warm, sweet smell that cannot be described.

I am mentoring a neighbor gal and the other day my son and I were up at her place going through her hive with her and suddenly there was a "change in the force", I asked her if she felt it and she had to think a second but she did and almost missed it. I would have missed it myself if it hadn't have been for her, what with me being the mentor and all I need to notice these things and communicate them to her. If it had been just my son and me I may have just ignored it. That is what I mean by interesting.
I have heard that about beekeeping. Many years ago when I was a paramedic, there was a fellow paramedic that kept bees. I would go and tend the hives sometimes wearing only bathing trunks and he 'knew' his bees and they 'knew' him. His wife was terrified of them.

Do you sell the honey? What got you started in 'bees'?

Last edited by winds-of-change; 09-23-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #7264

Bees Are scary:P
Woo, 200 more rounds of .45 ordered... Good day

Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #7265

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Just and update

Finally got around to shortening a couple of shotgun barrels. An old Remington model 11-48 30" full choke that I bought back in '56 is now a 20" improved cylinder with the stock and forend painted about a dozen light coats of camo green. Looks great and handles well.

Also took my old Winchester model 1897 take-down which was made in 1911 and which I purchased in 1967 and had refinished in 1981 and turned it into a 20" cylinder bore also.

Now I can actually hit a barn door, if I'm inside the barn that is.

I've read some threads where guys have said doing this to a shotgun is just pure sacrilege. Well, it probably is if it happens to their guns, but now I'll actually go out and shoot them and have a good time, plus, having one handy downstairs and one upstairs is just a bonus.

Keep on shooting and I sure hope that pharmacist in Michigan owns a sizeable portion of Walgreens in the near future.

20LDGUNGUY

LIGAWII (Life Is Good And We're In It)

Old 09-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #7266

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OLDGUNGUY View Post
Finally got around to shortening a couple of shotgun barrels. An old Remington model 11-48 30" full choke that I bought back in '56 is now a 20" improved cylinder with the stock and forend painted about a dozen light coats of camo green. Looks great and handles well.

Also took my old Winchester model 1897 take-down which was made in 1911 and which I purchased in 1967 and had refinished in 1981 and turned it into a 20" cylinder bore also.

Now I can actually hit a barn door, if I'm inside the barn that is.

I've read some threads where guys have said doing this to a shotgun is just pure sacrilege. Well, it probably is if it happens to their guns, but now I'll actually go out and shoot them and have a good time, plus, having one handy downstairs and one upstairs is just a bonus.

Keep on shooting and I sure hope that pharmacist in Michigan owns a sizeable portion of Walgreens in the near future.

20LDGUNGUY

LIGAWII (Life Is Good And We're In It)

Hmmm.....Two of my favorite shotguns. Do you have some pics of the finished products?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #7267

Liked 3180 Times on 1768 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Yeah... the whole body purity thing didn't do my uncle much good when bone cancer wracked his body. Of course his sister didn't help either with the whole "oooh your wife's just callin' ya home " shtuff. :P Kidding though, as i wish I could kick the caffeine but not yet:/
You need more than a dirt bike!
We all have things we wish we could improve on I think. If not then I'd like to meet that person and tell them they think too highly of themselves. Actually I know a few and I have told them that...

And no one needs any more in life than a 2 stroke, an endless supply of fuel and infinite miles of desert and dunes

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #7268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

We all have things we wish we could improve on I think. If not then I'd like to meet that person and tell them they think too highly of themselves. Actually I know a few and I have told them that...

And no one needs any more in life than a 2 stroke, an endless supply of fuel and infinite miles of desert and dunes
Oooh, and you're fiesty!

And Blashphemy! Riding the 66 is probably much awesome-er than the dunes:P kidding kidding...
Idk... two strokes have a nicer power curve but having to mix can be a pain. I want a trail bike more than an MX bike though.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #7269

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #7270

Gatekeeper found my bike! Yay!