Random Thoughts Thread - Page 688
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #6871
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just had a pretty interesting lunch. This week has been a little less than pleasant, and today was one of those days that I just needed to get out of the office, and enjoy a nice quiet lunch alone.

So I go to a little Mexican place a couple miles down from the office. After pointing to a small booth near the back, the little Mexican lady seating me smiled, nodded and showed me to a smaller table at the side of the restaurant. The table next to me had 5, semi-large, 40-50ish, blue collar types. They weren’t total roughnecks, but trades guys that might have been electricians or instrument technicians (not completely un-like myself). I grumbled a little as I sat down, because the group appeared to be one of those that tend to get a little noisy when they gather. But I was determined to enjoy a glass of sweet iced tea, a basket of chips and hot sauce, and a new book that I just picked up.

I wasn’t paying any attention to their conversation at first, but then it became too much not to. I couldn’t hear everything, but here is a brief list of topics that were covered:

Earthquake in VA. . . . “yeah, and one in Colorado too!”
Katrina,
floods in the Midwest
Totalitarian Government. . . . . .
. . . . “Someone needs to “center poke” that dude” . . . . .
. . mumble mumble “Obama” mumble. . . .
Ron Paul (and something about Bill O’Reily)
“Have you guys seen the new Ruger 1911?”. . . “I thought it was a Remington”. . . . “I’m going to get me one of those Kimbers”. . . .
. . . .”reading the other day about a Savage blah blah 111. Some tactical model.” . . . “yeah, that’s the one in .338 Lapua” . . . .
Beer, margaritas, Mickeys. . . . .

By this time they were pretty much done and slowly made their way to the register.

I just thought it was kind of funny, and made me wonder how many of my lunches with the boys sounded like that.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #6872

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I love having a short term memory, the work is already done when I come back to finish

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #6873
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I love having a short term memory, the work is already done when I come back to finish
Could be elves ya' know.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #6874
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3203 Times on 1777 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
For the same reason you'd slap me: p it's a secret.

Natural Selection- God's way of Fixing Stupid. -me
I think you should probably tell me, I'm too far away and probably wouldn't slap you anyway...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #6875

Liked 704 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

The main drawback to living in the sticks is unreliable Internet access. But being able to glance out the window while I'm surfing the Web and watch a doe and spotted fawn in the front yard is SO worth it!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #6876

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Either I'd try to find it or draw it much like checkin' somebody for tics, it's only offensive to some.

Woo for finally getting my front sight STAKED on there( 1911) and tuning the extractor. No matter what I would do with the front sight I couldn't lock the sight down. I finally clamped the whole slide upside down to a solid piece of bar stock using those rubber coated squeeze handle ones, and went to town on the tenon. It ain't goin' no where now. And the extractor's now tight enough to hold on until the ejector does it's job when I slowly rack it(not horridly slow but if I had the mag out and wasn't tough on pulling the slide back) but not so tight that it causes a three point malfunction. While it wasn't needed it raised my comfort level:P

For android users, there's a beta of a game called ac-130 and it's very enjoyable , but requires a dollar bill or other paper currency to play. Basically it creates a three d image by using the bill as a place marker.
Vroom vroom motorcycles fun. I'm already at 923 miles on the odometer, and I've only had it since the first.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #6877

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
I just had a pretty interesting lunch. This week has been a little less than pleasant, and today was one of those days that I just needed to get out of the office, and enjoy a nice quiet lunch alone.

So I go to a little Mexican place a couple miles down from the office. After pointing to a small booth near the back, the little Mexican lady seating me smiled, nodded and showed me to a smaller table at the side of the restaurant. The table next to me had 5, semi-large, 40-50ish, blue collar types. They weren’t total roughnecks, but trades guys that might have been electricians or instrument technicians (not completely un-like myself). I grumbled a little as I sat down, because the group appeared to be one of those that tend to get a little noisy when they gather. But I was determined to enjoy a glass of sweet iced tea, a basket of chips and hot sauce, and a new book that I just picked up.

I wasn’t paying any attention to their conversation at first, but then it became too much not to. I couldn’t hear everything, but here is a brief list of topics that were covered:

Earthquake in VA. . . . “yeah, and one in Colorado too!”
Katrina,
floods in the Midwest
Totalitarian Government. . . . . .
. . . . “Someone needs to “center poke” that dude” . . . . .
. . mumble mumble “Obama” mumble. . . .
Ron Paul (and something about Bill O’Reily)
“Have you guys seen the new Ruger 1911?”. . . “I thought it was a Remington”. . . . “I’m going to get me one of those Kimbers”. . . .
. . . .”reading the other day about a Savage blah blah 111. Some tactical model.” . . . “yeah, that’s the one in .338 Lapua” . . . .
Beer, margaritas, Mickeys. . . . .

By this time they were pretty much done and slowly made their way to the register.

I just thought it was kind of funny, and made me wonder how many of my lunches with the boys sounded like that.
Good stuff, Troy, I enjoyed that, and gave you a big fat "thumbs-up."

Old 08-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #6878
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2797 Times on 1618 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Well, the wife joined the "Rebel" group.

Added a 2007 Honda Rebel she got for $1900 (and it only had 1700 miles) to the stable.

So now we have Doc and my wife. Any others?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #6879
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Why would I slap you?
Just basing that on historical results--I meet a pretty girl with an interesting tattoo, i end up getting slapped. It usually involves some stammering, poorly worded, poorly delivered, and frequently overly "fresh" compliment on my part.

If I don't get slapped, the girl is usually later shown to be as crazy as me in some way or other.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 AM   #6880

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Well, the wife joined the "Rebel" group.

Added a 2007 Honda Rebel she got for $1900 (and it only had 1700 miles) to the stable.

So now we have Doc and my wife. Any others?
Well me sir. : P rebels are nice bikes and another inactive user(my friend) flash 4142 owns one. He ended up stomping on the clutch too hard and bent the rod between the clutch pedel the the transmission lol. His already is back in the shop for transmission issues too, because the tranny was sticking and he therefore stomped. I'm loving my bike, although I wish i could have afforded more power:/

Natural Selection- God's way of Fixing Stupid. -me

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------