Random Thoughts Thread - Page 660
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #6591
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have a personal goal. I would love to someday get to shoot with Canebrake.
I'm going to second that motion if I git ta come also.

I am slowly building up my collection.

I just bought a .38 Special Cobra derringer about a week ago and am making payments on a pistol gripped shotty(used it as trade $$ fodder as it was paid off) & a Taurus Public Defender .410/.45LC.

I am thinking of buying a Bersa UC .45ACP, a Kel-Tec .380 ACP bug and a Hi-Point .45 ACP carbine.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 07-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #6592

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGator View Post
I'm going to second that motion if I git ta come also.

I am slowly building up my collection.

I just bought a .38 Special Cobra derringer about a week ago and am making payments on a pistol gripped shotty(used it as trade $$ fodder as it was paid off) & a Taurus Public Defender .410/.45LC.

I am thinking of buying a Bersa UC .45ACP, a Kel-Tec .380 ACP bug and a Hi-Point .45 ACP carbine.
What model shotgun?

I'd pass on the Hi-Point... but thats just my opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #6593

The shotgun is a Maverick 88 12 gauge(2 3/4& 3") 5 shot mag+1 in the pipe,18" Mossberg Cruiser barrell,TacStar pistol grip & front grip,Tacstar side saddle.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #6594

Default new indoor water feature

so i walked into my basement last night during a torrential downpour to play some COD BLOPS and heard the sound of running water. In the basement guest room mother nature had decided to install a water fall through my basement well window. looking through the window was like looking into a murky aquarium. so i run out side and start bailing like stranded canoer and completely forgot that my daughters "pet" toad lived in that well. my pit bull named buell had followed my outside to see what all the commotion was and as soon as i realized that my most recent bucket full had an amphibious passenger he decided to catch the flying toad mid air. so now not only is my basement a soggy mess but my daughter is now saying i fed her toad to the dog. turns out the drain at the bottom of the well was clogged and simply needed to be cleared out. but i cant help feeling guilty about that damn toad. I cant even imagine what was going through his head as his home flooded, he went airborne, and a giant furry beast decided to go for frog legs. fml

Old 07-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #6595
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8326 Times on 4975 Posts
Likes Given: 10787

Quote:
Originally Posted by everoblivion2005 View Post
so i walked into my basement last night during a torrential downpour to play some COD BLOPS and heard the sound of running water. In the basement guest room mother nature had decided to install a water fall through my basement well window. looking through the window was like looking into a murky aquarium. so i run out side and start bailing like stranded canoer and completely forgot that my daughters "pet" toad lived in that well. my pit bull named buell had followed my outside to see what all the commotion was and as soon as i realized that my most recent bucket full had an amphibious passenger he decided to catch the flying toad mid air. so now not only is my basement a soggy mess but my daughter is now saying i fed her toad to the dog. turns out the drain at the bottom of the well was clogged and simply needed to be cleared out. but i cant help feeling guilty about that damn toad. I cant even imagine what was going through his head as his home flooded, he went airborne, and a giant furry beast decided to go for frog legs. fml
I wouldn't have told my daughter and I'd have found a new toad to put in the window well. YIKES!! I hate when things like that happen.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #6596
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8326 Times on 4975 Posts
Likes Given: 10787

How often do any of you spend more money on accessories for a gun than you paid for the gun itself?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #6597

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I wouldn't have told my daughter and I'd have found a new toad to put in the window well. YIKES!! I hate when things like that happen.
well she was inside when i came in and told my fiance that buell ate the toad and i didn't see her till the words had already come out......

Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #6598
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by everoblivion2005 View Post
I cant even imagine what was going through his head as his home flooded, he went airborne, and a giant furry beast decided to go for frog legs. fml
I'm going to guess that it was probably a canine tooth.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #6599

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
They have to be what you like. I have made wood grips out of local hardwoods that are very nice. I want to try some checkering out. Gator skin would be way cool. I have seen rattler skin, but the scales are too fragile if you want to shoot it much (or at all). Best only if it is a display gun. Gator skin is much tougher in my experience (I have a pair of gator boots that I have worn off and on for nearly 30 years and they are visibly worn but still in great condition). Might be difficult to keep the skin stretched with thin grips though. You would have to have a strong foundation for it I would think.
Do you know of any websites that custom make grips?

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 AM   #6600

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I'm going to guess that it was probably a canine tooth.
OH! *rimshot*

Update on super-ninja-chuck-norris-worlds-best-marksman coming shooting with us today: My shooting partner Rick and I took him up to the un-official Forestry Service range this morning. We set up a few targets close up from roughly 7-50 yards and we put clays all over the place up between 100 and 180 yards.
This gentlemen has spent years telling me he can, "Hit an egg at 100 yards with ANY pistol you give me..." "Hit clays all day at 600 yards..." and "Shoot bullseyes with anything while running..." Making claims like, "I'm the most ridiculous shot you've ever seen, just wait!" "Everyone who has ever shot with me has said I'm the best they've ever seen." "I'm not sponsored like a pro, but right up there with 'em."
In his first 5 turns he went a whopping 2/50 on the clays . At first it was because 'my gun sucks,' so he tried Rick's AR. Then it was because ARs suck. Then he tried a 10/22, and it was because there was something wrong with reality. He was swearing he was dead on, but the intact clays seemed to suggest otherwise.
Later he tried to shoot handguns and I must admit, he did get a few rounds on the paper (though not in the rings). It was atrocious. It was so bad I almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.
tacticalfacepalm.jpg

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields