Random Thoughts Thread - Page 595
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #5941
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

This is funny as crap

http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw
"---------\_/

Last edited by jca1; 06-11-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #5942
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Your link No good.

Fixed it for you.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #5943

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Time for one of those hood-mounted rock/bug shields. I had one on a ford exploder i owned, came in quite handy. I crested a little rise on a highway covered with heat waves only to see a bunch of buzzards on a carcass on the yellow lines. All but one had enough sense to make for the sides of the road; one thought he could outrun the truck. The bug/rock guard at the edge of the hood flipped him up high enough that he hit about 1 inch above the windshield glass, basically right in front of my forehead; he dented the metal significantly.
So, you hate bears AND buzzards?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #5944

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Time for one of those hood-mounted rock/bug shields. I had one on a ford exploder i owned, came in quite handy. I crested a little rise on a highway covered with heat waves only to see a bunch of buzzards on a carcass on the yellow lines. All but one had enough sense to make for the sides of the road; one thought he could outrun the truck. The bug/rock guard at the edge of the hood flipped him up high enough that he hit about 1 inch above the windshield glass, basically right in front of my forehead; he dented the metal significantly.
The same thing happens down here with our Wedge-Tailed Eagles.. They gorge themselves on roadkill and then can't take off near as fast as what they're used to. By the time a car is upon them, a 15lb bird with a 8ft wingspan is usually about windshield height

Last edited by AusLach; 06-11-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #5945
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
So, you hate bears AND buzzards?
Nah, they clean up the nastiness; no big problem with them, unless they are dumb enough to try to outrun my vehicle, dodge don't race.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #5946

I'm thinking of giving up fishing!
Had a great couple of days, weather was beautiful, nights were mild.
Today was a complete disaster! Tore down camp early and decided to get a little more fishing in before I left.
My dog decided he was hungry and ate a whole jar of salmon eggs.(Yeah, my bad I left the lid off) Then he found some dead fish to roll in I washed him off in the lake, but he still reeked!

Headed home and made the dog ride in the back seat. All of a sudden he starts barking and throwing a fit, I turn around and to tell him to shut up and see a snake slithering around the back seat of my truck, it was only a garter snake, but I damn near wrecked the truck trying to pull over and bail the eff out. Effing snake must have crawled into my daypack while I was washing the dog.

I laugh at it now, but at the time it scared the bejeezus out of me!

Old 06-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #5947

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323 View Post
All of a sudden he starts barking and throwing a fit, I turn around and to tell him to shut up and see a snake slithering around the back seat of my truck, it was only a garter snake, but I damn near wrecked the truck trying to pull over and bail the eff out. Effing snake must have crawled into my daypack while I was washing the dog.

I laugh at it now, but at the time it scared the bejeezus out of me!
I think both you and the dog need to go see the Wizard of Oz and get a little something called .... Courage

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago while the top was off the Jeep. I came out to go to work, hopped in the Jeep and tossed my backpack in the back seat. Just as I get on the highway I reached back to grab a snack out of the bag and think to myself ... "wait a minute, why does my granola bar feel scaly?" I had reached back and grabbed a gartner snake Stupid bastard tried hitching a free ride but got himself tossed out at 60mph along the parkway

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 06-12-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #5948

[QUOTE=dog2000tj;521376]I think both you and the dog need to go see the Wizard of Oz and get a little something called .... Courage

No, that would be just me! The dog had caught and killed the snake by the time I had stopped and opened the back door!
I threw the snake out, and gave the dog a big hug, even though he still smelled of dead fish!
No Freudian slips here!!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #5949
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11018

Very funny story, Gordon. I take it you don't like any kind of snake.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #5950
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10278 Times on 4434 Posts
Likes Given: 1630

Used to have a little long haired black tomcat, name of Maxwell. A mighty hunter was Max- he used to bring me presents. Copperheads. LIVE copperheads. LARGE live copperheads.

Anyone that thinks a cat cannot express emotion- WRONG. Message was unmistakably- "DUDE! I brought you a perfectly great snake as a present, and you KILLED it! What's up with THAT?"

He cleaned out every snake in our back 40. Considered changing his name to Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.