Random Thoughts Thread - Page 55
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #541
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3489 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
WHATEVER you metrosexual mofo. LOL Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
Very delicate man. Not my type, but he definitely is attractive.
"Screw you guys, I'm going home".... *Cartmann Reference*

So after a rousing round of, what the hell did Mother Nature do with the Lights? I got to spend close to 8 hours with a walking talking grizzly bear who's main interest is Star Wars video games, and as far as I can tell, his lone son. That was about all we talked about, in the cab of a small blazer, driving around in the dark checking out overhead power lines in the ghetto.

Do you know how dark a modern city can get with the power is out?!?!

Talk about paranoia...

Just now getting up after getting home after 0100 - and had the obligatory fight with my missus prior to going on call in storm duty, so now I have to make nice-nice today. Should be "fun"....

JD

Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #542

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

I got back from my trek north this afternoon.

Funny, some of the things you see when you drive on the interstate for a few hours.

I saw a Gov plated car with the driver talking on his cell, eating fries, driving with his knees and speeding. I wanted to make a citizens arrest on the spot. Don't know the agency, just that he was an idiot.

I saw a hippie chick driving an Accord with a bumper sticker that read "one people, one world" flip off a trucker as she cut him off.

I saw a speed trap pulling over semis. Of the 7 I saw pulled over, 5 were empty flatbeds. This was within the "4th Amendment Zone".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #543

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

My job today at work was replacing old "joists" and the rotted main carrying beam in a basement and replacing them with up to code joists and a new main carrying beam. The "joists" were 14" logs ripped in half. Each one took forever to cut into three pieces with a sawzall.
The process was to build 'T' beams with 2x4s and wedge them up against the floor in load bearing places.
I took down a spiderweb of wires before we cut them.
Combined with hanging wires at waste level and "forest" of 2x4 'T's, it would have been impossible to run out of the house if it collapsed.
The sawzall kept starting fires in the super dry wood.
My eyes were full of sawdust, so I did most of the cutting with my eyes closed.
Halfway through cutting the "joists", I cut through a 220 wire I missed. It scared the SH1T out of me. Being on edge already, I thought the house was collapsing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #544

Liked 14 Times on 3 Posts

today i found out that ill be in indiana from may through july
i was excited because i get a bunch of over time and can get by and pay my bills on the perdium they give me soo ill be getting a bunch of money.
im kinda bummed at the same time though because out of town work sucks. hello 70 to 80 hour weeks

Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #545

And hello that new $1000.00 1911!!

Quote:

Old 03-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #546

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I just noticed that the little bullets next to the categories on the home page are soft points.

Do any of the Mods know the caliber?
It depends on what how big you resize your window to...or was that the size of your monitor...
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #547

Man, gone 2 days and no way can I keep up with threads.

I hope I did not miss a good debate, because there's no way I'm gonna go back and read everything.

Is Hilliary still the SoS? Sheesh.

Quote:

Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #548
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I learned what consignment is. I have a motor sport shop. I build, repair, restore and sell US Muscle cars. As expected business has dropped to a dismal point. 15 years in business and lookikng at folding it up this summer. As much as that hurts I had a guy drive in a '57 chev truck that is prefect. He has the book showing the rust of a mess he started with and everything he did to restore it. He wanted to sell it and as much as I would like to have it I don't have the funds. It's a 20k truck two years ago but at best now still hard to sell at 12k and that is a shame. So I learned consignment, I can't buy the truck the owner needs to sell so it's in my show room on consignment. I have a wonderful truck, the owners slice of the american dream on consignment. All the same I have eleven other cars in the show room that I own and would like to sell to keep my dream. This time last year I had 23 employees, I now have 6. It's truly difficult to dream these days as I expect like most I lay awake wondering how to just get by.

The american dream is now on consignment in a shop that will close in the next six months. How did we get here?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #549

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
The american dream is now on consignment in a shop that will close in the next six months. How did we get here?
Complacency.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #550

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB
Greed that is about it. Everyone wants it all and wants it now. No time to wait and save buy now pay later. Then the current admin are just going to throw money at it and hope the problem goes away. My God my kids could do a better job than this bunch of effing monkeys (No I am not saying monkey as a racial term either). This bunch looks like the monkey effing a football.

All I hear is Obama is gonna save us. Then when I say really and how is he doing that? The only thing he has done so far is spend spend spend and spend some more. They all get pissed at me for not backing what he is doing. I then tell them I don't have too that is why we live in a FREE society. I can't wait untill more stupid cheet happens so I can tell all my gun owning friends that voted for his big eared goofy lookin azz I MOTHER EFFING TOLD YOU SO.....