Random Thoughts Thread - Page 47
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #461
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I would gladly agree to the blood oath, the problem is, I live on a rock pile that I brought fill dirt in on. A LOT of it. I am not even sure I can grow real grass on it... LOL

I spent like $500 last year getting it professionally sprayed and I got about 40% coverage when it all came in....*D'oh*

My yard sucks... LOL It's a good thing I have a big dog to blame it on...
I happen to be the owner of an established landscraping company, this marking my 10th year unscrewing things for disgruntled rock ranchers and weed aficionados. Divide your yard up into 8 sectors and take a 4" deep soil sample from each. You don't need a lot in each one (3 tablespoons is plenty) but you need a good representative sample of the soil profile throughout the root zone. Mix it all together thoroughly so that the 8 samples are blended, because you're trying to get an average for the 8 areas. Contact your local or state ag department and ask them where to send samples for soil analysis, and they'll let you know what you need to do. pH is a biggie, as it controls which nutrients are available for use in the grass plants. If it's way low or high, the grass won't be able to make use of the fertilizers.
If you buy topsoil, ask for a pH level. I test it myself using a bi-metallic tester with a gauge, but the troops at the state lab will give you an actual chemical test.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #462

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I happen to be the owner of an established landscraping company, this marking my 10th year unscrewing things for disgruntled rock ranchers and weed aficionados. Divide your yard up into 8 sectors and take a 4" deep soil sample from each. You don't need a lot in each one (3 tablespoons is plenty) but you need a good representative sample of the soil profile throughout the root zone. Mix it all together thoroughly so that the 8 samples are blended, because you're trying to get an average for the 8 areas. Contact your local or state ag department and ask them where to send samples for soil analysis, and they'll let you know what you need to do. pH is a biggie, as it controls which nutrients are available for use in the grass plants. If it's way low or high, the grass won't be able to make use of the fertilizers.
If you buy topsoil, ask for a pH level. I test it myself using a bi-metallic tester with a gauge, but the troops at the state lab will give you an actual chemical test.
That's awesome info Gork - Thank you. I believe I will be contacting you directly if that is alright....

Thanks,

JD

Old 03-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #463

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That's awesome info Gork - Thank you. I believe I will be contacting you directly if that is alright....

Thanks,

JD
Anything I can help you with, just ask away.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #464

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Went to Wal Mart, one box of .380 left on the shelf, some birdshot, nothing else. For the third week in a row.

All the gun cleaning supplies you could want.

I think newbs are buying all the ammo, and not cleaning their guns.

Pepsi was on sale, but I didn't want to be gay/bi/uni/asexual, so I spent more on Vault, in cool camo cans.

Found Hershey Kisses, in camo foil wrappers. Don't like Hershey Kisses, but bought em anyway.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #465

Stripping my M-44 stock. The wife has woodburning skills. I want to burn a design into the stock. Any ideas?

I'm contemplating a portrait of Putin, as I respect him more than the world's No.1 S*****ist leader.

I considered J.D.'s old avatar, as a sort of tribute, and I admire him greatly, but that borders on Pepsi drinking.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:01 AM   #466

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Stripping my M-44 stock. The wife has woodburning skills. I want to burn a design into the stock. Any ideas?

I'm contemplating a portrait of Putin, as I respect him more than the world's No.1 S*****ist leader.

I considered J.D.'s old avatar, as a sort of tribute, and I admire him greatly, but that borders on Pepsi drinking.
Can't go wrong with an American symbol. Bald eagle, American flag, the American flag atop Mt. Suribachi, Iwo Jima, etc.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #467

Ahnald with the 202 Flash. Epic.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #468

Just paid the car, I now have more in my FTF account than in my checking.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 AM   #469

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Ahnald with the 202 Flash. Epic.
Ya, I figured that would beat any other weapon Arnold has ever held in any of his movies. Please prove wrong.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #470

Went to the range, tired, really don't wanna clean guns, but some ammo was corrosive. Damn.