Random Thoughts Thread - Page 426
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #4251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

dog, great idea with the clown avatar theme. My wife HATES clowns to begin with - she absolutely refuses to watch Killer Klowns From Outer Space with me. Anyways, I had left a page up with your post and went to do something else, she sat down and nearly had a heart attack. I almost died laughing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #4252

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Netflix can suck my &%$#*@! Yet another broken movie received. I think this is the fourth broken (not scratched) movie they have sent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #4253
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Netflix can suck my &%$#*@! Yet another broken movie received. I think this is the fourth broken (not scratched) movie they have sent.
I think they really want you to do that "streaming" thing; having tried it on my nephew's membership, i found it very cool. All you want for $9/month, but the selection is probably more limited than i realized.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #4254

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I think they really want you to do that "streaming" thing; having tried it on my nephew's membership, i found it very cool. All you want for $9/month, but the selection is probably more limited than i realized.

And you have to have a super-spiffy, fast Internet connection. Otherwise, more

Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #4255

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Not sure why you guys think you need some crazy fast internet connection. I stream just find on my DSL line and it runs from 1 to 3 mbps.

It doesn't stream any better or worse from home than it does at work where I have a 50mbps down load and a 5mbps upload speed.....

You guys must have some crap ass computers me thinks.

JUST SAYING YMMV....

Of course if you are at 9000 feet in the 10,000 feet DSL run your going to be a tad slower than the guy at 1500 feet.....

0630 on a saturday and here are my connection speeds with DSL.
Random Thoughts Thread - The Club House

Now there is not many people on right now. But that is what I was pulling with cable at 3 times the cost.

I you have an older PC that is not running enough ram, processor then sure your shit is going to be slow. Because your computer can't process the information fast enough. DO you have a PCIe graphics card? or are you using onboard graphics? If you hare using on-board graphics that is one of your biggest issues right there streaming eats up a lot of processor and memory cycles. By moving all that to a PCIe card you are removing a ton of work from the CPU and placing it on the GPU....

Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #4256

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I haven't gotten a single screwed up disk either.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #4257
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm just about tired of hearing people in the south complain about the weather. 6 months out of the year all you hear about is how hot it is and they're ready for winter. The other 6 months they whine about how cold it is and they're ready for summer.

I've lived in colder weather and hotter weather then here in NC and you just deal with it. Quit your dang whining!!

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #4258

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would get a sore throat and probably a cold the day before our exercise kicks off. RAAAAAAAAAGE
"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #4259

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Thats the problem. None of the new releases or popular movies are available online.

And you don't need a super fast internet connection, Netflix adjusts the playback setting according to your internet connection.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #4260

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Thats the problem. None of the new releases or popular movies are available online.

And you don't need a super fast internet connection, Netflix adjusts the playback setting according to your internet connection.
Then do you think it might be because I'm running the movies to my TV from my Xbox?