Random Thoughts Thread - Page 384
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 AM   #3831
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
How does he open it?
Beer can. Teeth. Force. Apply as necessary.
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #3832
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Greenacres,Florida / Palm Beach County
Posts: 124
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

I'm so sick of hearing and reading about OPEN CARRY! I love Guns and I have many of them, carry one every day and carried one for 12 years as a Duty Weapon but I am now and always will be against this OPEN CARRY Issue being talked about these days. I know I will hear all the pro arguments for open carry and avid gun people will never understand my opinion and will think I'm anti gun but let them all think what they want, I don't care. I strongly believe that Open Carry will create more problems for Gun Owners and LE Officers. I only have one argument against Open Carry and I will not enter into a great pro and con issue debate and my only argument is just this., I think Open Carry will make it much tougher and much more dangerous for our Law Enforcement People to do their job. Why do you think many years ago the cowboys were made to check their guns when entering a town. This made The Sherif's Job much easier and much safer. You can argue with this opinion all you want but This is the fact of the matter. I have had it with this debate and I really don't believe we will have all States passing this law and I think we should concentrate ALL STATES to be on the same page with the Concealed Carry Laws. ///THE END///

__________________
SK2344 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #3833
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ST.LOUIS,missouri
Posts: 2,551
Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default

good point and well said,I think you hit the nail on the head sir...

__________________
LONGHAIR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #3834
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
doctherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rainy sh!thole,Oregon
Posts: 5,148
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Guys fairy tale..

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess... “Will you marry me?”

The Princess said “NO!”

And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf and dated women half his age and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.
The End

__________________

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

doctherock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #3835
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Once upon a time an elderly Native American man was asked what he thought about the white man he had observed for the last 40 years of his life. He said that the white man was stupid. When asked to elaborate on that thought, he said that before the white man took over, the men in his tribe hunted, fished and slept for most of the day. The women worked all day, every day. Then all night, the men had sex with many different women. He said that only the white man could mess that life up for good.

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 11-16-2010 at 05:54 AM.
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #3836
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I'm so sick of hearing and reading about OPEN CARRY! I love Guns and I have many of them, carry one every day and carried one for 12 years as a Duty Weapon but I am now and always will be against this OPEN CARRY Issue being talked about these days. I know I will hear all the pro arguments for open carry and avid gun people will never understand my opinion and will think I'm anti gun but let them all think what they want, I don't care. I strongly believe that Open Carry will create more problems for Gun Owners and LE Officers. I only have one argument against Open Carry and I will not enter into a great pro and con issue debate and my only argument is just this., I think Open Carry will make it much tougher and much more dangerous for our Law Enforcement People to do their job. Why do you think many years ago the cowboys were made to check their guns when entering a town. This made The Sherif's Job much easier and much safer. You can argue with this opinion all you want but This is the fact of the matter. I have had it with this debate and I really don't believe we will have all States passing this law and I think we should concentrate ALL STATES to be on the same page with the Concealed Carry Laws. ///THE END///
So you are more nervous about the person who lets you know he/she is carrying in the open than the ones who hide it?

The whole "check your gun" thing is in the movies. Some towns had that policy, but what about the OK Corral?

What if everyone was carrying a gun in the open? Would that make your job easier or harder?

What do you do when you see someone carrying in the open in a legally open carry area? Do you hassle them because of your personal opinion in spite of the laws?

Why not offer up a solution rather than spouting your opinion? That does not sound like a LEO to me.
__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #3837
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kyleytxrialover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: kyletx,texas
Posts: 318
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default

i didnt see this one why do other countries celebrate thanksgiving and the 4th of july

__________________

i have seen the light

kyleytxrialover is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #3838
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I'm so sick of hearing and reading about OPEN CARRY! I love Guns and I have many of them, carry one every day and carried one for 12 years as a Duty Weapon but I am now and always will be against this OPEN CARRY Issue being talked about these days. I know I will hear all the pro arguments for open carry and avid gun people will never understand my opinion and will think I'm anti gun but let them all think what they want, I don't care. I strongly believe that Open Carry will create more problems for Gun Owners and LE Officers. I only have one argument against Open Carry and I will not enter into a great pro and con issue debate and my only argument is just this., I think Open Carry will make it much tougher and much more dangerous for our Law Enforcement People to do their job. Why do you think many years ago the cowboys were made to check their guns when entering a town. This made The Sherif's Job much easier and much safer. You can argue with this opinion all you want but This is the fact of the matter. I have had it with this debate and I really don't believe we will have all States passing this law and I think we should concentrate ALL STATES to be on the same page with the Concealed Carry Laws. ///THE END///


Bull Pucky!!! open carry does and will not have any effect on me doing my job as a LEO, if anything it makes it easier on me as I now know who is armed and takes a lot of guess work out of dealing with people. You say you carried a gun for 12 years as a duty weapon? Where did you work and was it in the military? I've been a LEO for 36 years and still walk the thin blue line every day and in my opinion you are incorrect in your assessment of open carry. Oh and this this is an open forum and thus you should not make a statement like that and not expect discussion (pro and con) and should not end your comment with something like "The end", again just my opinion.

Scubie
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #3839
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
How does he open it?

Ok, since it seems Glass opened the door I better explain about my horse. My horse, his name is “Bud” yeah I know, loves beer and is very, very smart sometimes too smart for his own good. We came home from team penning one weekend and after unloading our horses we left the trailer hooked up to the truck and went inside for a bit before we were going to unload. In the bed I had a cooler full of about 8 Bud lights and maybe 5 or 6 Diet Cokes. When we came out later I found the top to the cooler off and on the ground and 6 empty bottles on the ground and in the back of the truck. There were also about 2 or 3 diet coke cans crushed on the ground also. The bottles were not broken and the twist tops had been taken off. Turns out that Bud had watched me open beers and knew what they held as I would give him some every now and then and horses really are beer drinkers. I can only guess that he held the bottle with his lips and used his teeth as a bottle opener. Any way I can’t leave a cooler in the bed of the truck anymore as Bud goes looking for free beer now.

Oh and for anyone who wonders 6 beers will not get a 1,200 pound horse drunk.

Scubie
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #3840
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I'm so sick of hearing and reading about OPEN CARRY! I love Guns and I have many of them, carry one every day and carried one for 12 years as a Duty Weapon but I am now and always will be against this OPEN CARRY Issue being talked about these days. I know I will hear all the pro arguments for open carry and avid gun people will never understand my opinion and will think I'm anti gun but let them all think what they want, I don't care. I strongly believe that Open Carry will create more problems for Gun Owners and LE Officers. I only have one argument against Open Carry and I will not enter into a great pro and con issue debate and my only argument is just this., I think Open Carry will make it much tougher and much more dangerous for our Law Enforcement People to do their job. Why do you think many years ago the cowboys were made to check their guns when entering a town. This made The Sherif's Job much easier and much safer. You can argue with this opinion all you want but This is the fact of the matter. I have had it with this debate and I really don't believe we will have all States passing this law and I think we should concentrate ALL STATES to be on the same page with the Concealed Carry Laws. ///THE END///
WOW you come on here and try to start a fight then you don't want to talk about it.

It is a good thing you don't carry anymore. I don't want someone of your diminished mental capacity packing firearms.

I live in the great state of Virginia and we are allowed to open carry all over the place. Government and churches are about the only place we can't open carry. I don't see people dying in the streets and the streets don't run red with blood from all the old west type shoot outs.

You carried a gun for 12 years for a job. I carried one for 8 in the military, I qualified on
M-16 a1
M-16 a2
M9
M2
M60
M240
M249
Mk-19

Scoring expert on all of them.

I have owned guns since I was 6 years old when i got my first gun a 22 Chipmunk. I have never shot anyone I have never had any problems with the law regarding firearms. Why is it in my eyes I am not qualified to carry a firearm in the open on my belt?

I am not an LEO as with my attitude towards specific demographics of our society would get me in a lot of trouble. To me seeing and quickly iding 5 guys in my AO that I could count on to help me if something kicked off would be nice to know. WHAT yes the guys who open carry are the ones you can count on.

You attitude is the reason why we have all the gun laws we have. My rights are more important than your rights because I say so. SO I am not going to stand up for the guys fighting for ownership of the EBR's (Evil Black Rifles AR-15 and other like that). I elk hunt with a bolt action there for no one needs a semiauto like an AR. I don't own a pistol there is no need for them to be owned by anyone other than police. You sir are the root of all that is wrong with the gun owner society. There is no reason why we should not all be fighting for our collective rights as gun owners.

If that is not what you want The EXIT is down the hall on the right. Don't let it hit ya where the good lord split ya.
__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM