You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #36521
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3633 Times on 2120 Posts
Likes Given: 2392

I can remember listening to Three Dog Night 'Joy to the world' on AFVN while firing full auto in the middle of a HOT CA in the left gun well of a Huey just like in a 'real war movie'!! The irony, "Joy to the world, joy to all the boys and girls, and joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea' when the fighting and dying was all around me!!!
This is one of the moments/memories of RVN I will never forget.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 08-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #36522
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 13148 Times on 7530 Posts
Likes Given: 19746

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
On another note, for the last week I've been fighting a Strep-based cellulitis infection in my right lower leg. At least this one didn't put me in the hospital like the last one in 2009.
But a few days ago I started getting hives from one of the two antibiotics I was taking, so yesterday Doc told me to stop taking them both (not knowing which I've become allergic to), and fill a prescription for Zyvox. HOLY EFFING BLEEPITY BLEEP BLEEP!!!!!
Price WITH insurance $857 for a WEEK'S worth!!!!! Caught a break tho, pharmacist went to manufacturer's website and found a one-time use coupon that knocked $600 off that. Oh, and price without insurance? $2,300. For. Fourteen. Pills.

That is INSANE!!!!!

Old 08-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #36523

Liked 1473 Times on 1050 Posts
Likes Given: 707

Quote:
On another note, for the last week I've been fighting a Strep-based cellulitis infection in my right lower leg. At least this one didn't put me in the hospital like the last one in 2009.
But a few days ago I started getting hives from one of the two antibiotics I was taking, so yesterday Doc told me to stop taking them both (not knowing which I've become allergic to), and fill a prescription for Zyvox. HOLY EFFING BLEEPITY BLEEP BLEEP!!!!!
Price WITH insurance $857 for a WEEK'S worth!!!!! Caught a break tho, pharmacist went to manufacturer's website and found a one-time use coupon that knocked $600 off that. Oh, and price without insurance? $2,300. For. Fourteen. Pills.
HA , think thats bad , look at some cancer meds , hell 2 , yes just 2 anti-barfing pills were in the 4k range w/o insurance , guess what , she still puked .
Not to piss anyone off but the plan I got I did not fully understand , I thought it was midway , decent but not great . I dont know if its a mix up or not but I am not going to ask but right now , I have no copays for anything . When I had my surgery I must have finished off my deductible and then I only paid 200.00 .
I still have some high end antibiotics , think its Zofram or something like that , I always stock pile that mess , I have a mini pharmacy in case someone like Buck needs it or cant afford it .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 08-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #36524
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 13148 Times on 7530 Posts
Likes Given: 19746

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
HA , think thats bad , look at some cancer meds , hell 2 , yes just 2 anti-barfing pills were in the 4k range w/o insurance , guess what , she still puked .
Not to piss anyone off but the plan I got I did not fully understand , I thought it was midway , decent but not great . I dont know if its a mix up or not but I am not going to ask but right now , I have no copays for anything . When I had my surgery I must have finished off my deductible and then I only paid 200.00 .
I still have some high end antibiotics , think its Zofram or something like that , I always stock pile that mess , I have a mini pharmacy in case someone like Buck needs it or cant afford it .
That's what Obama care will do for you. And that's probably why Buckhuntr ad to pay so much for his meds. The money has to come from somewhere.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #36525
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9107 Times on 5290 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I have been dealing with insurance non-stop since November. I still don't understand it. I have had several insurance agents try to explain it to me but it still sounds like Charlie Brown's parents to me. When I call the company (Anthem Blue Cross) or their pharmacy company (ExpressScrips) I get conflicting information every time. Just the other day I called them from the doctors office after I had received two new medications (had an allergic reaction to one of my IV meds so I am off of that and starting another one to replace it) I was trying to find out how I could get the prescription filled so I can start taking it ASAP. I spent TWO HOURS on the phone with them while I was sitting in the doctor's office!!!, and I was on their online service at the same time following along so I could document everything. The online tool was telling me that the one medication is covered under my plan (thank God!) and there is no pre-approval necessary. The guy on the phone said that I need pre-approval for the same drug.

He could not explain why there was conflicting info on the same drug.

OK, so here's that part that is the most frustrating. I spent a grand total of 40 minutes in with the doctor. I have spent (as of right now) approximately 3 1/2 hours on the phone with pharmacies and my insurance company trying to figure out how to get two prescriptions filled, and I still don't have the answer!!!!!

The pharmacy has all of the information they need, the doctors office has submitted all of the stuff they need to submit, we are waiting on the insurance company. But hey, the bright side is that it has only been two days (or is it three? My sense of time is pretty messed up). There was one prescription that took me 6 weeks to get it filled!

Oh, and one of these two prescriptions I am trying to fill was actually prescribed a month ago.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #36526
Forum Chaplain
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2402 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I can't eat any kind of cereal anymore except rice krispies.
Personal choice? Or health reasons?
My wife must have a gluten free diet due to medical issues. If that is the reason there are alternitives.
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prv. 27:17

Old 08-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #36527

Liked 6899 Times on 3682 Posts
Likes Given: 221

[quote=ellis36;1623680]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
No, but it is horrendously hot during the summer.

It’s not bad. Yesterday was a high of 90 with humidity at 82%. Right now at 7:40AM it’s 75 with humidity at 92%.

We like to say that it keeps your skin from drying out. Gives the Southern girls that fresh blush to their cheeks.
A) That's too freaking hot
B) That's what we invented lotion for
C) I have plenty of blush to my cheeks
D) That's too freaking hot...

Quote:
Only cereal I eat anymore is granola to mix in yogurt, and cooked oatmeal (but with added mixed dried fruits or fresh berried)
I eat oatmeal as well. I also put oats and chia seeds and fruit in yogurt, stick it in the fridge overnight and usually eat that for breakfast, it's really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post
Personal choice? Or health reasons?
My wife must have a gluten free diet due to medical issues. If that is the reason there are alternitives.
I have Hashimotos, it's an autoimmune disease that causes my body to produce antibodies that attack my thyroid tissue. I have to be careful what I eat. And most things that are Gluten free that aren't naturally gluten free, like bread, are really expensive, so I don't buy them normally.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
ellis36 Likes This 
Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #36528

I dont think the obummer plan panned out for me , ended going straight to BCBSof nc , pay mid 200 a month . ALTHOUGH I have good insurance , the fact the wife and kids have NONE more than makes up for it .
I have a very hard time taking gov hand outs even though I am the only one working in the family . Unknowingly to me the wife applied for and actually got the wic card or what ever it is for groceries , I was kinda pissed when I found out but its not much and it does help a ton .
She has had no luck in the job area so she has taken to cleaning houses and that is starting to pick up a bit . If she can knock out a few houses a week at 65-100.00 per house , that should be good enough .

Anyone else seen the real video of ISIS cutting the guys head off ? LOOKS like it could be fake or staged . its on live leak

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 08-21-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #36529

Liked 2128 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

I eat oatmeal as well. I also put oats and chia seeds and fruit in yogurt, stick it in the fridge overnight and usually eat that for breakfast, it's really good.[/QUOTE]

You might want to slack off those. Just sayin'
File Type: jpg Obama-Chia-Pet.jpg (20.8 KB, 52 views)

Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #36530

Well now, I have been officially invited to be a speaker at the next stripper fishing club meeting, stripper as in fish lol. Gotta fill 15-20 minutes on preventative care and common issues. Not wanting to go solo I talked them into bringing my detail guy to talk cosmetic. Care.
Never met these folks before but said they choose me from my reviews online. Think I am going to stay light on self promotion and wow them with pretty pictures and professional advice.
Forgot to mention I don't like public speaking

People Like This