Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3613
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #36121
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Default Random Thoughts Thread

Double post

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-21-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:00 AM   #36122
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

About the only "Bike" I'd get on would be the 3 wheeler From Harley, but aside from that and the Can Am which is also expensive enough to pay down a home, is the Honda 3 wheeler,... Then there is always My "Bike"...ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405904404.328050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #36123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 681 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I would love to join up with you for a ride someday. I don't have a bike right now but have been thinking about it recently. I think I would like to get a BMW with a sidecar. Maybe a Ural 2WD. I don't know how reliable the Urals are but I like the idea of having 2WD with a sidecar because it seems that it would have a more linear torque thrust so you wouldn't have to constantly correct for the offset drive wheel. Or maybe not. They seem pretty cool though. I would have to try one tout first in any event.
The ones I saw when they first came on the scene were to laugh at. The workmanship was crude to the point of just shaking your head and the electrical wiring looked like it was done by the janitorial force after a long weekend. A side-car rig is an odd ass’y, for sure. It’s takes a special person to drive one…or to ride in the side car.

The three wheeled “motorcycle" has been in vogue for several years and I think Honda and HD are now building them from the factory. I’ve never ridden a three wheeler. I can’t remember the term they are called…They come with two wheels in front and a driving wheel in back…or one wheel in front and two in the back in the old HD servi-car style. To me it seems the ones with one front wheel would understeer in sharp corners and the ones with two wheels in front would oversteer. I don’t like either option. But, like I said,I haven’t ridden one.

Good for you considering getting in the wind!

ellis
Old 07-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #36124

Liked 1103 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Quote:
here are things worse than dying in a motorcycle accident, like living the rest of your life as a vegatable or a quadraplegic in a wheelchair. that sort of life doesn't appeal to me in the least.
Thats why you go fast enough to do it right and get the job done the first time around .

I have a customer with a URAL , very odd 2wd bike .
As for the fashion phase , look at all the 50-60k big dogs , red necks and other high end wild choppers out there going for 10k and low miles . They look bad ass but I hear they are horrible to drive . I dont want one , I know I would treat it like it deserves to be treated and just beat the snot out of it . The one thing I dont like about HD is the drive belts , lucky mine is chain so it will hold up to abuse .
If I build something , its to play on , not put around and show it off .
Think I am on my 4th set of axle adjusters from burn outs and dumping the clutch . If I could get them to hold and keep the front down I feel I could make some magic happen
I have not laid it down yet ass in over 15mph , I have dumped it a few times , once from that wreck and a few times taking off and getting away from me .

I had the CB500 and that virago at the same time , the CB was a basket case and listed it for free if they bought the yamaha which was drivable . NO ONE wanted the yamaha , everyone went crazy for the CB , still have not understood why

IIRC the urals can be either 1wd or 2wd , I think you can disengage it on the fly and yes , they are ugly but we got a bad ass right here , this dude is drifting on one , hats off to him .

Now just combine that with the other 2wd dirt bike and have a 3wd bike

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 07-21-2014 at 04:45 PM.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #36125

Liked 1103 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Wonder if this songs works as good as it use to ?
I love finding awesome songs I have forgotten all about , I been jamming this one all day here in the shop

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #36126
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7181 Times on 4322 Posts
Likes Given: 8767

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Wonder if this songs works as good as it use to ?
I love finding awesome songs I have forgotten all about , I been jamming this one all day here in the shop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ODMKSWzT4
Bob Dylan is my gavorite musician EVER. And to be honest, this is one of his worst songs. LOL

Old 07-22-2014, 03:17 AM   #36127
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3314 Times on 1842 Posts
Likes Given: 140

You know, everyone warned me that it was going to be really cold here in the winter. Why didn't anyone say anything about the humidity?!!!

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #36128

Liked 214 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 365

Default Re: The HARLEYS

I've got a preacher buddy that is about my age (over 60), and still rides. I expect one of these summers he's going to visit me from Washington state on his bike, YES it's a HARLEY!!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #36129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
You know, everyone warned me that it was going to be really cold here in the winter. Why didn't anyone say anything about the humidity?!!!
And, I'd bet that isn't that much colder than Rock Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #36130
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Since it seems to be a day for revelations... Has anyone mentioned the mosquitoes? A swarm can carry off a small kid... Not just a baby, a baby goat!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/