Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3578
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #35771
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post
My friend ran me up to shore one time so I could jump out, grab the truck and back it down the boat ramp to pull him out of the water. Well where he dumped me the rocks along the shore were totally covered in algae. Oh and did I mention I was wearing flip flops? I'll let you use your imagination on how that went. LOL

Was alcohol involved? Maybe but I don't think it affected the final outcome! Ha Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
"Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away"
-Simon and Garfunkel
People Like This 
Old 06-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #35772
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8536 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's another thing. I already started from the bottom, I detailed trucks, then I was changing batteries, then oil and now I'm doing real work and troubleshooting and actually doing things that require thinking, but I'm always up for new adventures and I'm kind of a drifter these days, I don't really have a home.
Now would be the time to do something like work on a ship. Once you get settled in somewhere, get a boyfriend, dog, home, etc. you are pretty much unable to do something like that. I bought my first home when I was 23 and I kind of wish I'd have done some interesting things BEFORE I got all settle in. To be honest, I wanted to join the Peace Corp when I was in my early 20's.
People Like This 
Old 06-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #35773
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Yeah Cinder. Carpe diem. When I was your age I worked for a professional racing team and traveled all over North America meeting many of my lifetime heroes, working side by side with many of them. Not the sort of thing one can do when you are attached.

Though I would caution about the cruise line option. That many sardines packed in a tin can spells nothing but trouble.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #35774

Liked 1305 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 644

Had a decent vacation , stopped by the NC on the way in , I had forgot JUST how big the old girl really is .

I would really love to have this at the shop

How about a valve out of a tug ?

And last , and I said I was going to do it and here is my proof . Did not stick around very long as everyone on the beach stopped and started staring us down like we were driving a tank or something & saw a few cell phones come out so I knew they were calling the cops but I drove a 4 wheeler on the beach at oak island , which would be about the same as carrying a UZI in DC or NYC .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #35775

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2508

We really are all born wild.

We need to be properly socialized in order to operate effectively in society, just like wolves and dogs. Some people don't get the proper socialization and it is painfully obvious when they attempt to interact with others.

Last edited by eatmydust; 06-23-2014 at 11:01 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #35776
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

I had my first Instrument flight today. Things are starting to get tough in my little aviation world. It is harder in the aircraft than in the simulator. Radio calls are also difficult.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #35777

Liked 1305 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 644

Quote:
We really are all born wild.

We need to be properly socialized in order to operate effectively in society, just like wolves and dogs. Some people don't get the proper socialization and it is painfully obvious when they attempt to interact with others.
Well some people just dont care to FIT in and some dont care if others look down their noses at them and then there are those who just dont give * .
Its not that they dont know better '' yes some may not '' but for the majority , just choose to be and act different

I fit into those 3

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #35778
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 423 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 69

10.8 hours yesterday billed, already over 4 by lunch today...

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #35779

Liked 423 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Updated signature too.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #35780
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah Cinder. Carpe diem. When I was your age I worked for a professional racing team and traveled all over North America meeting many of my lifetime heroes, working side by side with many of them. Not the sort of thing one can do when you are attached.

Though I would caution about the cruise line option. That many sardines packed in a tin can spells nothing but trouble.

What? Cinder going to work on a cruise ship? Those Swabbies will never get any work done with Cinder on the Ship!!!;-) and we can forget about seeing her HERE that much. Cell service on a cruise ship is as expensive as a penguin Beak!!!
Maybe some Day she will be Ch. Engine Mech. And take the right tests and she could become a Cruise Ship
Capt.!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-24-2014 at 08:07 PM.