Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3526
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #35251
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Wondering if I can use a little hard 4in tire for a drive coupler on the Deer .
Think it would hold up unless it suffered a sever shock or load then the tire may wrap itself or buckle . BTW these tires are VERY hard but damn it Im tired of buying these stupid over price rubber couplings all b/c the engine is 1/4 in lower on one end than the other . I bolted the shaft together to get it out of the yard but it WAS NOT happy about it . May end up making a new shaft with either a plain U-joint or a CV joint . If I could solid mount the engine I would need no joint but in the mean time the grass is turning into hay

or

just make a rag joint like the old ford steering columns used , dont know if it could hold the torsion though

Umm with your luck I would say no

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #35252

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Well this is the second time the shaft has nailed the radiator and it look ffffing expensive jack !

So looking at the stars liast night , wondering if , since it take X amount of millions of years for that particular stars light to reach me at that moment , In theory , if there happen to be a eclipse at that exact moment back then would I see the star vanish for the same amount of time the eclipse lasted ?
What if the star exploded , would we see a bright ass flash from it right before it vanished ?

If your looking at it through some mack daddy telescope is it still taking the same amount of time to reach us ?

If you bored a hole straight through the earth out the other side and jumped in , would you get stuck in the middle or pop out the other side up side down?
Brain is overheating , must stop now

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 05-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #35253

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

If someone 65 million light years away looked at earth through a telescope they would see dinosaurs. ...... that blew my mind

Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #35254

Liked 1977 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well this is the second time the shaft has nailed the radiator and it look ffffing expensive jack !

So looking at the stars liast night , wondering if , since it take X amount of millions of years for that particular stars light to reach me at that moment , In theory , if there happen to be a eclipse at that exact moment back then would I see the star vanish for the same amount of time the eclipse lasted ?
What if the star exploded , would we see a bright ass flash from it right before it vanished ?

If your looking at it through some mack daddy telescope is it still taking the same amount of time to reach us ?

If you bored a hole straight through the earth out the other side and jumped in , would you get stuck in the middle or pop out the other side up side down?
Brain is overheating , must stop now

I'm no astrophysicist, but the simple answers are;
1 yes.
2 yes. But it would still be X amount of light years old.
3 yes.
4 what the he'll is wrong with you? why would you want to do that?
everybody knows the earths core is molten nickel. if you attempted to drill through the earth, you'd hit the core, and two things would happen:

A. the molten nickel would blast to the surface immediately immolating everything.

B. the earth would then take off, shooting across the galaxy like a deflating balloon, making an epic PPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT sound, the likes of which has not been heard since God cut the big cheese, and created the universe. (there's been talk of such a sound heard in the early 1980s, but it was found to only be orson wells ripping a big one after a bad night of debauchery and cheap paul masson wine, and it was really only heard in southern california.)

Now stop asking silly questions, and go to your room.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

eatmydust Likes This 
Old 05-17-2014, 01:17 AM   #35255

Liked 2452 Times on 1591 Posts

This sounds like the conversations in the apartment next to cinder...

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2014, 03:01 AM   #35256
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 715 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Cinder, sound familiar?

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:09 AM   #35257
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 231 Times on 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_CZ View Post
What you call "facts", I call "opinion". I'm entitled to mine. You're entitled to yours. I denied your opinions. Therefore, I'm "deliberately ignorant" of your "facts"? Whatever, dude.
The biggest problem with our democracy is that everyone's opinion is carries equal weight, even though in truth not all opinions are equal.

Far too many people can't seem to differentiate between: fact; fiction; and propaganda.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #35258

Liked 286 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Why dont they still make Ed Edd n Eddie?

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 05-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #35259
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 150 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Why is it, the hotter it gets,the brighter the sun?

Brian

Old 05-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #35260
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3246 Times on 1800 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
Funny, I could sell Ice to an Eskimo. However, I'm not pushy. I wont call you back to follow up and press you because I don't want someone to do that to me.
I have this problem too, when I worked at auto zone they always tried to get us to up sell everything, you know those little packets of antiseize and di-electric grease and whatever else they try to sell you? That's how Auto Zone gauges how good of an employee you are, doesn't matter if you don't ever call in sick, you show up for your shift 15 minutes early and you're never late and you almost always cover other people's shifts and you know what you're freaking talking about if you can't up sell stuff. I hated doing it, because I know when I go to the parts store, I'll get what I need and then I want to pay and leave, the end, I don't need you to rattle off a list of extra things that I should buy. There were things that I would suggest, if you buy a set of spark plugs buy some freaking anti seize if you tell me you don't need it then that's the end of the discussion. I really didn't like working for Auto zone by the way.... Sorry about the rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Casually mention someone you are close to is in LAW ENFORCEMENT...see if they at least move their Smoking into a room away from a shared Wall. Had a conversation with the "Kids" next door(late 20's, young Parents, throw a lot of Parties Late at night, esp. in the Back yard...) now at least he burns incense or candles. I don't use my Backyard much at night anyway...did tell them they aren't setting good example for a 5 year old, but he's next door to me and we need to watch each others' Backs here. last week I scared away another bobcat trying to scale his Security wall...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
For all I know they're smoking it legally. Medical marijuana is now legal in Minnesota apparently, but I don't think they're allowed to smoke inside their apartment... Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Yep. This is a tough one. I lived in a 4 bedroom apartment in college (all separate leases) and one of my roommates was a dead beat who never worked and smoke weed all the time. Another roommates father was law enforcement. We tried to get him to do something. What he told us is to just ignore it because if they raided or searched our apartment and his bedroom door was not closed and LOCKED then we would ALL be charged with it because we would have theoretically had access to his room.
We dealt with things the same way when I was a resident assistant in school, alcohol wasn't allowed in student housing, if it was found in the common area such as the refrigerator that everyone shared in the kitchen everyone got a write up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Unless they are in your apartment I wouldn't worry about it. No laws are being broken by you. Not really that big of a deal.
I'm not too worried about it, they don't live in my apartment I don't have any roommates, I'm not concerned about what they're doing, they don't bother me and I don't care if what they're doing is legal or not, I just hate the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Cinder, sound familiar?
I don't know, they're not loud people, I don't get to hear the conversations, I just have to smell their stinky smoke.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.