Random Thoughts Thread - Page 3411
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #34101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Some kid in my class is trying to sell his truck on craigslist. Apparently someone contacted him and offered to trade him 4 pounds of weed for his truck...
A female subhuman my ex wife went to school with called the cops on her ex boyfriend for stealing a pound of weed from her.

We laughed and laughed...

Reminded me of the time a male subhuman former friend of mine called the cops for help when he drunkenly drove his car into a ditch. He says "who can get me out this late at night... Hey, I know who has a tow truck! The cops!"

Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #34102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 49

That's why you call the staties or sheriffs dept

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #34103
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3309 Times on 1839 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
That's why you call the staties or sheriffs dept

Yeah, the Sheriffs office informed me that there was a protective order out against me when I went to register my car, turns out it was actually against some dude with the same last name as me, or something like that, they're geniuses too.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #34104

Liked 1102 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Here trip i found this , can you relate to this on your new gun ?
Seems hard to know the rem would knowingly put out a gun that is this rough .
http://bearingarms.com/video-more-remington-r51-problems/

Got into a panic last night while going through the safe and could not find my PT92 in there , nor in the house , nor in any of my other trucks and I knew for a fact it was not at work or in the console of the tahoe .
It must have been some time since I last shot it , I found it under the back seat of the tahoe in a case THANK GOD !
Still can not understand how the guns get so dang dirty and dusty in a closed and sealed safe ?

Had a former customer on facebook posting pics of his weed for sale . Showed the cops who did nothing but comment on how nice it looked '' it did look like some top shelf '' .
I mean , how can you be that lazy not to go after someone being that stupid with what is clearly enough evidence and prob cause to get a warrant ? Pretty clear cut case .

Saw some lights on the the dead neighbors house sat night but no one had been there all day and the whole property is locked down with sheriffs no trespassing signs everywhere , so I called it in . The deputy asked why I did not come over and check it out . UMMM b/c it has YOUR no trespassing signs up for one and 2 I dont want to be seen over here JIC somethings goes missing and 3 I dont want to been seen over here ESPECIALLY at night .
Trying to do the right thing here now do your effing job dude , you catch me overe here and you will prob take me jail .
Just keep to myself and pretend like I did not see anything

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #34105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

my ad lasted less than an hour before being flagged for removal lol. God why do some people have no life and feel the need to be cornholios? Seriously all I want is a bucket of old rusty gun parts that can be cleaned up and made into a working firearm again like DIYguy

Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #34106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Here trip i found this , can you relate to this on your new gun ?
Seems hard to know the rem would knowingly put out a gun that is this rough .
http://bearingarms.com/video-more-remington-r51-problems/
I finally got around to watching that video. Uh... he wants to shoot that gun? No way. It needs to go back to Remington.

As I've mentioned before, mine felt a little rough when I first got it. I've racked the slide a couple hundred times, and plan to hit the range first chance I get and put about 200 down the barrel. It's already smoothed out TONS just from manually racking it and a good cleaning/relube.

His gun in the video is very obviously and blatantly malfunctioning. And he wants to shoot it. Judging by how dirty it is, it's been effed with... A LOT.

This is another gun writer who I think is jealous and WANTS to write a bad review. If you read the text along with the video, he's very obviously already biased against it and Remington in general, and the "hand picked" gun writers who've already blogged about it.

I'd be willing to bet money that he's already disassembled it and put it back together wrong. The slide stop engaging the way it does is evidence of that in my opinion. It has a spring that it fits under, to hold it down until the empty mag engages it.

Nope. I'm sorry. It's unfair to the company and the gun to try to write a review on an obviously malfunctioning gun. With that said... IF this gun left the factory in the condition it's in (and something in my gut tells me it didn't), then that's a mistake made by the company that needs to be rectified immediately. Like I said though... my gut tells me that gun's been tampered with.

The R51 is not the "be all, end all". It was never intended to be. But there's nothing "cheap" feeling about it, for one thing. And it shouldn't be that hard to rack the slide. If this guy is HALF as experienced with handguns as he seems to hope he is, he should have already identified why it's so hard to rack.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #34107

Here she is , stopped by real quick and got some pics , the owner was not home and I hated to go back there but I just had to go see her , hope is not too pissed , twas quite muddy on the path .Its a L-17 B not the A .

Wudda think Viking , father son project ? lol
Little bigger than I thought , ought to be fun to get it hung in the shop .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #34108

Okay, who wants to start placing bets that MM eventually gets that thing off the ground?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #34109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sweet and it's 1st cav too

Old 03-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #34110

Would like to know what the insignia on the tail stands for or what squad it belonged too . Think there were only about 240-50 of these made so the finding the history on it should not be that hard about where it was used , based , and when , where it crashed or why it went down ..
I have fixed some * in my days that should have never gone again but this one is a bit rough . I trust my welds but not enough to hold wings on .
Aviation guys are whole other breed , its a world I will never fit in with , heck I dont think with any amount of work or money that the FAA would ever re-certify this old girl to fly again .
I can hardly afford my current gun , bike and hotrod hobbies , dang sure cant afford the airplane side , not even the toy air planes